2011 Hyundai Azera

See Photos & Videos

Overall

So far so good!

by conservative driver from Tampa, FL | May 26, 2013

I recently purchased this car use, 2 years old with 8000mi so it is basically new. I have owned one new Sonata and one Tucson. I put only 100,000 miles on the Sonata and had only a couple of problems that were well resolved by the dealer under warranty. Although not an exciting car to drive, we were very satisfied. The Tucson was purchased used with 8000 miles because I wanted to try a SUV type vehicle. Overall we were satisfied but road noise intrusion was terrible and I disposed of it with only 33000 mi. I returned to the sedan to gain a quieter ride. So far the vehicle is wonderful but I have only driven it 1000 miles. It drives and handles like my LeSaber. Lots of headroom (which is why some professional car reviewers did not like it) . Love the ride and handling. Economy is satisfactory and nearly matches the Tucson 4 cyl. on the road. So far the only complaint is a relatively insensitive radio as I listen to AM a lot. All the Hyundais shared this problem. Delco still has the best system. Long term durability remains to be seen but based on the Sonata my expectations are high. I would definately recommend this for anyone looking for a smooth quiet ride.

Great Ride & Not Just For the Money

by Dennis from Fort Irwin, California | August 20, 2012

I owned an older car prior to purchasing my 2011 Azera Limited. Once it was time for me to relocate to CA from Georgia for my next military assignment, I knew I would need a reliable car to make the drive there and back. The Azera did not disappoint! The ride is smooth and I love the look in black with the dark interior. Interior materials feel good quality wise and there is plenty of space. I was traditionally a GM guy, but have converted to Honda and now Hyundai on my family's last two purchases. Nevermind past Hyundai deficiencies. The company has revamped itself into a real market contender. The Azera may not be the sportiest four door sedan out there, but I give it 4 stars for strong acceleration and pretty decent handling. Take a test drive and let your experience determine if it's worthy of hard earned money. Good luck and enjoy!

most bang for the buck

by long haul driver from Lords Valley, PA | June 22, 2011

I travel about 60,000 miles a year and have gone through many cars in the last 24 years. I have never bought 2 of the same cars, this will be my first time doing so. I love everything about this car........

Best Mid Luxury car for Money

by Bubba from Pataskala, OH | January 19, 2011

i have been looking for a car to purchase as a retirement gift to myself, and had considered the Genesis, Nissan Maxima and Acura RL. After owning a Hyundai product before I looked at the Azera because I wanted a car with room, performance and decent mileage. I just feel that for the money it feels all the basis needs for a near Luxury sedan at a price that will make other cars seem over priced. With a 10yr/100,000 warranty, and features to satisfy most buyers, It is a car that should be considered when car shopping.

Should Be Great!

by the Butcher from dallas, texas | July 19, 2010

This is a great car if you are looking for something specific. I needed the headroom, at 6'4" I literally cannot fit in most cars built in the last 10 years. I'm looking for a fast car that still has a comfortable ride. The new transmission and V-6 are top notch. I want luxurious features and great surround sound with ipod capability. I want great visibility and a meaty steering wheel that is not too light. I need a motor that can be customized for at least 75 hp gains cause I love a good "sleeper" and superchargers are being made for this motor in Genesis Coupe 3.8 duty and I will put that bad boy on my new Azera for 350+ hp...even though this is already a fast car in stock form. However, I have yet to buy this car and neither has the last reviewer since it won't be out for another week. The only thing I do not like about this car is the center stack in the interior. But every time I get in the throttle I will grin ear to ear.

A pleasant experience

by comfort rider from Hilton Head, SC | April 29, 2010

We love it. We looked at all competitor models as well as next rung down. Hyundai's Azera was our choice and we don't regret it. All the creature comforts of a much more expensive vehicle at a moderate price. Handles well, a lively engine, and all around quality makes the Azera a great choice. We found the interior very roomy and well appointed. The only "con" is the gas mileage, but, we figured we saved enough on the the initial buy to cover the additional expense for the next five years.