2013 Hyundai Elantra GT

26 city / 37 hwy

Overall

Best Car, Best Value

by Happy Hyundai Owner from Long Island New york | June 26, 2014

What a great car! Comfortable, economical, quality throughout. Gentle on the gas gets over 40 miles to the gallon! My dealer is as good as the car is. This is my second Hyundai, and it wont be my last!

Dealer bait and switch

by Hyundai owner from Woodstock, NY | June 5, 2014

My dealer sold me a 2012 Elantra Touring a year and a half ago for a decent price but, after recently asking to buy it back, I asked for a 2013 Elantra GT at MSRP- plus the $7500 discount they were offering on all 2013's. It turns out they have no cars at MSRP and probably never did. In fact, the 2013's are all at least 4000 more than MSRP and the $7500 discount has so many loopholes, it's doubtful anyone will ever qualify for the full $7500. Good luck finding this car for MSRP and good luck getting any discount at all on it.

Well-balanced, but It needs a shift light

by Walkndaddy from Evansville, Indiana | May 23, 2014

The sport mode for steering is excellent, and the suspension is very stable for turns. For all practical purposes, however, you can't see when to shift. The display is too small, and you have to look down. Please provide a light (plus a "beep" option) to tell you when to shift up. This is a super car, and needs "super shifting" for the manual gearbox (which, by the way, is as smooth as silk). Super interior, too!

EXCEEDS EXPECTATION IN ALL AREAS

by hawksid from TORONTO, ONT. CANADA | May 4, 2014

BOUGHT GT MAR.2013 AND TO DATE NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM. PURCHASED SAME WITH ALL AVAILABLE OPTIONS FOR MY WIFE WHO IS GAGA OVER HER GT SHE LOVES THE REAR VIEW CAMERA, THE RIDE, HANDLING, AND SATELLITE RADIO.

Almost Perfect, but it's issue is a big one

by Mike from Butler county, PA | April 1, 2014

Ok, let's get the big one I'm referring to out of the way. Gas mileage! I don't know what it is. I don't know if it is the hatchback aerodynamics, the automatic transmission, or just some odd runs in their manufacturing. But my coworker's 2 door 2013 elantra coupe, manual is getting 36mpg combined without trying. My 2013 elantra gt hatchback, automatic is getting 23mpg in the winter combined, but now that it has been roughly 50 degrees plus for about a week (and I put the eco back on, and I'm driving really really gently) I'm up to about 26mpg combined. Now considering that they were claiming 30city/40hwy, went through that lawsuit, and changed it to 26city/37hwy for the gt. I figured, ok, I should be getting around low 30s given about 50/50 city/highway driving. Babying it, again, best combined I'm getting 26mpg. And that is the shame of it all. Outside of that one fact, this car is perfect to me! The value, comfort, features for the money, style, roominess inside for this class of car. And it does have more power compared to others cars in this class I test drove. The only problem is that if I would have known the truth about the mpg, I probably wouldn't have bought it. I had a spreadsheet of specs, and top of that list was inexpensive to purchase and own, and really good on gas, those were the big ones on the list and I only got 2 out of the 3. So I give 2 stars on performance for the gas mileage, and 3 stars overall because I don't understand how in 2014, a compact car can only get 26mpg in ideal weather, with eco on, and babying it while driving.

10k in, happier than ever!

by Erdos from Minneapolis, MN | April 1, 2014

This little car has blown me away. I have never owned a small car where engine noise is hushed at cruising speed. It's bizarre! It's gone through one Minnesota winter with no issues. It was a horrendous year for snow and this GT handled it just fine. The side mirrors are heated! Didn't think that'd come in handy, but it does. The interior is top notch, nice materials and a ridiculous amount of passenger space. Seriously, go sit in it. It fits 4 adults better than my full size sedan did. It's incredible. The heater is insanely warm. I turn it just past the middle or I'm roasting. Which I thoroughly enjoyed on those -25F days we had this January. Even in that cold, with fresh air turned on, it heated up quick. I am impressed. Air conditioning is just as impressive, and it doesn't seem to bog the engine down much? I don't see how that's possible, but I don't notice it. My old compact it was like tossing an anchor out the window. I don't have the Navi system, but I do have all my music on a USB stick, which the car integrates. Love this feature. It'll sync to your phone, and play music through bluetooth as well if you'd rather. I ended up with the push-button ignition option, which I didn't want. But even that has been a pleasant surprise. Leaving your keys in a coat pocket is handy. I drive with the eco mode engaged and get slightly over 30 mpg. I drive more city than highway by a longshot, so this is fantastic. This is my first Hyundai, but if this is what I can expect from their vehicles, it will NOT be the last! I am very, very happy I chose this hatchback. This company seems to make all the best features STANDARD. You shouldn't have to pay extra for alloy wheels, cruise, or A/C. Any company that still does this is ridiculous!

dont touch this car

by ralphie from montreal qc canada | February 19, 2014

i saw this car and fell in love with it instantly, by the second oil change i had to add prestone . thought it might be cause it was new but then i started smelling prestone when the car was hot and every oil change i was adding ( not normal) so i brought it to my dealer 3 times with the same problem and they kept telling me its normal we cant find the problem ! tires were finished within 18000kms anyone that drives this car knows you couldnt do a burnout if your life depended on it ! gutless ..... i got a hole in the drivers carpet that they wouldnt change 3 months after i got the car ..... and now im having a problem with the electronic steering and still hyundai gabriel in montreal refuses to fix the problem with this car gabriel hyundai does not honour their customers or their garantees..... 60$ to fill up to full and im getting 340kms to the tank ...... overall rating on this car ........ i bought the lemon and its not worth the money i paid

Love it

by Franky-Doodle from OH | February 19, 2014

The car drives very smoothly; I haven't driven a manual in 9 years and this thing shifts like butter. The Bluetooth comes in very handy and the audio quality is quite nice for stock speakers. Love the push-button start door-handle-button lock/unlock features! Oh, and the gas mileage is just what the manufacturer claims, but only if you don't get push the RPM too much. No problems thus far.

Like the style plus 4doors

by Sporty from Hendersonville, nc | February 18, 2014

I really love this car... Stylish ,sporty and more room in it that I thought it would have... First car ever that the seat belts doesn't rub my neck raw.. Being short this has always been a problem!! Can drive this car and not be right under the steering wheel. Very pleased with my car at this time!!! Gas mileage is great!! Was only getting about 17 mpg with old car NOW-- averaging around 29..... In town....

Don't buy this car.

by lew from Montgomery, Alabama | February 11, 2014

Motor started making tapping noise at 3000 miles. If not garage kept and the brakes get wet they rust over night and make a terrible grinding noise. Moon roof is subject to shatter in bad weather. My local dealership says they don't have a clue about any of this. These problems are posted on the internet and YouTube.