2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring

Available in 2 styles:  2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring 4dr Hatchback shown

23 city / 31 hwy

Overall

Great value with some issues

by tony from california | August 8, 2014

Good: better than expect handling, very nimble and enjoyable to drive. loads of standard features at this price. Now the not-so-good: Rattling noise in dashboard, I am kind of sensitive to noise so I opened the dash and fix it myself, turned out to be a dangling screw. The bluetooth is pain to use, I give up after a few tries. Tire noise is like crazy. The bad: Paint is thin as paper. 2nd gear is lack of power but pick up quickly from 3rd upward. Riding can be very busy, I 'm not sure if everyone will like it, even more busy than a Civic. Bottom line: with better tires this could be a very good choice offering lots of room and features at a very competitive price.

Owner's Opinion

by Mosmo the American from Long Island | September 19, 2013

I bought a used 2010 Elantra Touring SE for my wife. She should have a safe, economical and versatile car. It fits the need. It has airbags everywhere, all disk brakes, stability and traction control & every extra I could think of, like heated seats, heated mirrors, roof rack, moon roof and power everything. Even has the high tail lights like the Volvo's and Honda CR-V has, which reduce rear collisions by 7%. All the goodies. The vehicle is very roomy both front and back, even leg & head room. Very functional design. With seats down it hold lots of stuff like a minivan. It is a fun car to drive too. It has a firm ride & turns tightly. Pickup is adequate but certainly not exciting from the 2L engine and 4 speed automatic. I would like more pickup for my style of driving, but the trade off is that I get 25 mpg local and 34 highway. I'll take the gas savings over the thrills. I had it up to 100mph last week with no vibration and room for more on the pedal. I can hang my arm out the window when driving, unlike many other cars these days. Driving with just the rear windows down creates a annoying air fluttering that bothers the ears. My 2010 and 2013 Corolla had the same problem. If you crack open the front window it goes away. I like the car a lot and went out and purchased another 2010 Elantra Touring for myself, but I bought the GLS, which has less goodies but still has all the safety features. I recommend the vehicle for having the most value and functionality in it's class. If I was Hyundai and wanted to improve on it , I would build the car with a turbo for more power, make the tranny a 5 or 6 speed automatic instaed of 4 speed, make it flex fuel capable & add rubber to the bumpers to eliminate scratching and dinging. Crash test ratings are good too. I like it.

Happy, happy, happy.

by Michael T from Denver,Colorado | April 21, 2013

I have a 2010 SE, Black Pearl with 17 in tires. Bought the car with 22k and 8 months later have 34k miles on it. It was noisy inside until I replaced the stock tires with a set of Continental Extreme Contact tires. What a difference. It is quiet inside, handles the bumps better and still corners well. I am 65 but still drive a bit spirited. I manually shift the 4 speed auto sometimes and that helps in the power dept. It's a nice looking car with ample room inside. Heated seats, moonroof are a nice touch. MPG is acceptable and I have had no issues. Hope to get many trouble free miles from it.

Still out on final decision

by Nanners from Chicago, IL | December 1, 2012

I just bought this car 3 months ago, used with 20,000 miles. My first problem is that when the sunroof is open, the car starts humming, annoyingly, once I hit 40mph. This is probably an easy fix. When I initially accelerate the engine hesitates or stutters. I don't know if this is common for this car. Another thing I have to have checked out. Lastly, when on certain highway surfaces, the tire noise is deafening. I think it has the original Korean tires. I'm hoping that better tires may fix the problem, unless it's something else inherent in the model. I'm still out yet with my decision on whether I like this car although I do love the spaciousness. It's perfect for my dog and hauling large items.

Practical and Attractive

by Bookworm from Brookline, MA | November 3, 2010

I chose this car because it has 65 cubic feet of cargo space and a comfortable ride. It has been getting about 29 miles per gallon. 5,000 miles into ownership, it has proven to be a hit. No bells and whistles, but for the price, I couldn't complain. Rides well and is very roomy inside.

It's so cute

by Chili Pepper from Indianapolis, IN | October 26, 2010

This GLS Hyundai is a nice, nimble, economical car that suits my needs--besides being cute. I do mostly in-city driving and now I zip into parking places easily. The cargo space is a bit more generous than similar vehicles.

The Touring is not a reliable car

by Pete from San Diego | September 20, 2010

I almost bought a used 2010 Touring but talking to the owner and surprised to know that it has some problems. The most common problems are the keyfob, sticky fuel cap, and the window is out of rail; which prompted me to do more research and found (TrueDelta.com) that a list of problems (rear wiper, ESC malfunction, Wheel alignment due to unequal caster size, etc.). I still hesitate but recently on Sept-1st, I read the news of the steering wheel come-off problem for the Sonata (the best of Hyundai to compete with Toyota Camry) and the NHTSA is currently investigating the problem. I also went to two different dealers to test drive the car, but they pulled out scams & dirty tricks which turned me off. Hyundai offers 120/100K warranty but it will reduce to the fine-print 60/60K upon transfer of ownership and the dealers didn't tell me that. Enough for Hyundai & I decide to shop for another car.

Nice compact car

by Touringnc from Charlotte, NC | August 17, 2010

Bought in July SE 5spd manual Feels like it is built solid, handles great in turns, roomy and great features. Sometimes the engine could use some more hp but most times there is no problem. Ride could be a little harsh with the low profile tires but expected it.

great buy for the money

by normal guy from ohio | July 15, 2010

it lacks a little in the engine power category .. could be a better in terms of console space usage ..

Great Car for the Money !

by Marcel from Atlanta, Ga, | July 15, 2010

I traded in my 2007 Elantra Limited(blk pearl) for a 2010 Elantra Touring SE in ChiliPepper Red. I still get great gas milage and the room with the hatch is great for those weekend get aways or impulse buys on weekends. The Car handles great, as i thought it would be that lag with the wagon. My only concern woul dbe that they need to give the next generaton a power boost, but how fast can you go anyways. I love the sporty look and the attention it gets. I find it easier to back into parking spaces now !