2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great all purpose vehiicle

by Pet Owner from Minneapolis | July 25, 2013

I bought my Elantra Touring car used and have owned it for 7 months now. I have several pets and wanted a car with room for all their kennels so I could make one trip to the vet instead of three I, also, needed a car with space for building supplies for home improvements and suitcases for roadtrips. The Elantra touring car gives me all that along with a spacious front seat area for myself and a passenger. I think I have as much usable space as my brother's more expensive Honda CRV. I have had 3 adults in the back seat with no complaints of discomfort. I had knee replacement surgery a few months ago and with my limited mobility the car has been a godsend. I have plenty of room to get in and out. I get 28 MPG for a mix of around town and highway driving. The car has good pickup for merging, tight steering and excellent maneuverability. It looks attractive (nice lines) and I have had many complimemts on it. I test drove many vehicles before choosing the Elantra. This one has the handling of the Mazda 3 with the cargo space of the CRV or Rav4. The front seat area seems as large as the Forester's but much more comfortable. I only drove vehicles that were mechanically reliable and recommended by my mechanic. The touring car was hard to find, but well worth the search.

terrific car,good ride,comfortable and gas saver

by Dick from woonsocket,ri | June 4, 2013

my Hyundai Elantra Touring feels solid,gives a smooth ride,is comfortable and very peppy for a four cylinder and I'm getting great gas mileage.

Secret nice car only you know.

by Timmy from Los angeles | January 11, 2013

I have 2011 Elantra touring with 5 speed manual. the Manual shifter is surprisingly short throw ans sporty. Handling is really good for a wagon. I got moon roof leather , heated seats, roof rack , 17 inch alloy wheels for what I would have paid for base civic. I go suring and snowboarding so the roof rack comes in handy. Gas mileage is average for the economy car but really good for the interior volume it has. Engine is somewhat not as refined but it is economy car overall. So far I am very happy and it is a kind of a secret weapon that only the driver knows how good of a car it is for what you pay for.

Good so far!!!

by long distance driver from Boston,Ma. | September 21, 2012

Driving/handling excellent-holds the road really well. The 17" tires make a big difference. Open road gas mileage has been 33-36mpg-more than I expected. Heated leather seats, sunroof and remote starter are a big ++! A B_I_G negative is NO STORAGE up front. I don't count those little 'nubbies' they call storage as adequate. Most cars these days have the same front set-up-2 cupholders and the 'nubbies'. I was so used to my Dodge Grand Caravan and the big storage that this was a huge schock for me. I like it so far despite my critiscisms(sic) and I'll give it another 6 months. BTW, plenty good size storage in back!!!

Like the style but very uncomfortable!

by mom2boys from | August 9, 2012

We had this car for 15 months. I loved the hatchback style but my husband hated it. The car was very uncomfortable, especially for long road trips and gas mileage depended alot on how many were in the car. It seated 5 but only 4 would be somewhat comfortable. The hatchback made it easy to access food and stuff while traveling but that was the only good thing about this car.

Lots of car for the money and practical

by Practical car shopper from San Antonio, TX | April 16, 2012

The Hyundai Elantra Touring is a very stylish and practical car for the money. Lots of room and cargo handling ability without all the weight, gas guzzeling and room required for my previous SUV. In fact I have the same amount of room, about 65 cu ft of cargo space as my suv had. I get around 29mpg with mostly highway mileage and more on long trips just on the highway, about 34mpg. Plenty of power for around town and hauling freinds or loads when needed. At about a very low price I got a totally loaded car with auto trans and all the power options.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

no more Hyundai

by madar from Allentown, Pa. | March 12, 2012

!st and last time Hyundai owner. Had car 14 months, has numerous creaks and rattles, AM band on the radio has lots of static, car pings and knocks on regular gas, Hyundai warranty is limited to whatever error codes they find, anything else is "we had 3 people look at it and no one hears anything".

Elantra Touring.... no thanks.

by Eh... from Nashville, TN | October 10, 2011

First the good news -- my 2011 Elantra Touring wagon gets thumbs up and kind comments almost everywhere I go. It's a charcoal gray metallic with lots of chrome and I keep it nicely detailed. Now the bad news: I just can't get myself to like the car, despite all the "logical" reasons I should. It's decent on gas, it's pretty nice looking, and it's been reliable. But it's underpowered, noisy, and not terribly comfortable. For $20K, you certainly can't find anything new so nicely equipped with leather, a power sunroof, heated seats, etc. -- But I'd suggest buying something nice, but 2 to 3 years old. I could have had a Saab 9.3 or an Audi A4 with a few miles on it. Oh well. Live and learn. I just hope I can save someone else from making this mistake.

A bit surprised

by nc driver from nc | October 9, 2011

I have had my ET for almost a year now and have really enjoyed it. The problems I am having now are that I have an automatic and I was sitting at a light and my car just shut off for no reason while in gear. Now my transmission is slipping. I'm bringing it in for service but I am going to be really upset if I end up having to pay out of pocket for this to be fixed. All in all it has been a great car and I would recommend people to get it. I'm just hoping that my problems are just on my vehicle.

Does the job; looks good while doing it

by Wagon fan from Northern Virginia | August 30, 2011

New, so reliability unknown. Perfect commuting car. Comfortable, quiet, and smooth. Peppy on the flat; lousy on hills. Visibility out the back less than other wagons I've had; something to get used to. If my driving took me often to hilly terrain, I'd have chosen something with a manual rather than an automatic transmission. But, since it doesn't, this one is fine, and has jaunty look about it to boot.