2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring

Available in 2 styles:  2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring 4dr Hatchback shown

23 city / 31 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

toughest car i have ever owned

by tri state tech from suffolk, ny | April 14, 2014

bought the touring in july of 2012. i average 5,000 miles a month driving all boroughs of nyc,upstate ny, all nj and conn. i just passed 115,000 this week. the car works! good for fitting my 7 to 8 foot fishing poles when i actually get a chance to surf fish. zero breakdowns! love this car, sorry they stopped production.

Safe and reliable

by JessieN from montreal, Quebec | April 29, 2013

I love my Touring. My main concerns when looking to purchase a car were, roomy, safe, reliable and cost efficient. It has exceeded my expectations.

Greatest Small Car I've owned since 1980 Omni

by Frances9 from Corpus Christi, TX | March 28, 2013

Replaced 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe with this Elantra Touring because I have very bad knees and had trouble getting in and out of Santa Fe. Did not want to lose the cargo room, so Elantra Touring was the next best thing. Unfortunately Hyundai will no longer build the Touring after 2012 and I had to search for one on internet, using Cars.com. Found what I purchased with 48 miles on odometer 180+ miles from home but was willing to travel to get it. Purchased it on 3/1/2013 and as of today (3/28/13) have 1034 miles on it after traveling to Austin, TX. Traveled a tat over 200 miles on half tank (holds 14) for 28.5 mpg and car is not yet "broken in." Great for older person for comfort, loading items in back & economical.

Nice little car

by Palomies from Central massachusetts | March 12, 2013

I actually bought this to replace my poor old Dodge Dakota...while I will not be hauling any lawn mowers in it, its a comfortable little car that gets good gas mileage (23/24 mpg city in winter...one long highway trip...35.5 mpg at 60-65 mph, minimal secondary roads) and has enough room to haul the equipment I need in my part time (retirement) work. Plenty of room for this 6' 2" frame in front or back, seat good for my forlorn lumbar discs (can easily drive 2 hours without stopping). Peppy, perhaps too peppy...though it seems like it could use another gear on the highway. Handles adequately/well, great stereo. Wish I could have found a standard, just to add to the fun driving it. I am a little worried about the low profile tire/alloy wheel vs. pothole scenario. Compared with the immediate competition its a real buy.

roomy vehicle

by gearhead from San Francisco, CA | November 28, 2012

The Hyundai Elantra Touring is a 5-door mid-compact that has good features. Back seat passengers have plenty of legroom. with the rear seats folded down, the clear space is great for hauling recent finds at the antique auction including desks, bureaus etc. I was also surprised by the tucked away hold-down clips found on the bed of the cargo area. A nice feature!

Short comings

by Gotcha from | July 31, 2012

Shifting knob and emergency brake take up too much room in the front. The arm rest and the cup holders in the front are pretty much worthless for the driver. Good leg room in the back seat. Fun to drive.

Mini-Minivan

by Practical Driver from Burlington, ON, Canada | March 6, 2012

The hatchback I have is the 5 speed manual/stick, with cruise control, heated seats & side mirrors. It is a fun car to drive and has a great turning circle. I definately enjoy the way the car handles, it's spacious rear seating and spacious hatch area. The only cons I find are:- * The gas milage is a little dissappointing at 12.5km / 1 liter, average for both Hwy & town inclusive. *Engine noise is load beginning at 100km/p/h. *Very harsh/hard suspension at slower speeds over bumps for in town driving. Can feel every bump in the road. Overall I am still very pleased with the vehicle and am happy with the decision to buy it.

So Far So Good

by Car Shopper from San Diego | February 27, 2012

We just bought this vehicle and are so pleased! We were looking at the Chevy Cruz, Kia Sorento, Kia Rio, and Hyundai Accent Hatchback. The Hyundai Elantra Touring made the cut because it felt like a luxury vehicle and it's spacious with a great turning radius; however, it was still affordable and it gets good gas mileage 28-30 hwy.

Mostly an upgrade

by NV_Hydro from Winnemucca, NV | December 5, 2011

This review is for the SE trim. I had been driving a 2001 VW Golf. It was starting to show its age and mileage, so I started looking for a new hatchback. I test drove a new VW Golf, a Mazda3, the new Ford Focus, and the Elantra Touring. I went with the Hyundai for a couple of reasons. First, I like the scaled back, simplified look of the car. Nothing too flashy or cartoonish, just a sleek car with a roof-rack. The roof-rack was the second reason I opted for the car, it saved me some money from having to buy it separately. Third, there is a lot more space in the ET than my Golf, both in the passenger compartment and the cargo area. Until I get some roof-rack accessories, it has no problem holding snowboards and other gear on the inside. The car doesn't get up and go like my golf, but it is better than the Focus and seems comparable to the Mazda3. I wasn't looking for a car with heated seats, but mine came with them and they make me happy on below freezing mornings. I agree with the first review in that I am disappointed by the MPGs. Every other option I drove could get up into the 40s on the highway. The ET struggles to hit 28 MPG highway (driving around 80mph). Overall, I like the car and I'm glad I bought it. Unless the fuel efficiency is improved, however, I wouldn't likely buy a second one.

ET - A good people mover

by SD from | November 24, 2011

I needed a car to carry a family of four and I needed enough cargo capacity to carry golf clubs for a foursome. I wanted a car that would fit easily in my garage and not cost me a fortune. The only cars that made the short list were the Elantra Touring and the Jetta (Golf) wagon. I finally picked the ET due to its better value for the money. Overall, this is a great car. Very comfortable and well designed. I am disappointed with the fuel efficiency. I am getting about 10.2 liters/100 km, which is not great for a 2.0 liter four-cylinder engine.