2008 Hyundai Elantra

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Still going strong

by hyundaI Lover from NEW JERSEY | July 7, 2014

I bought this car brand new in november of 2007 and have loved it ever since i drove it off the lot. The odomoter read 6 miles when first drove it off the lot and now it reads 280,000 miles. This car is amazing and saves me so much money that my pockets can finally breathe again. I never had to do any major repairs to it except the usually oil change, tire change, brake pads and some other stuff but other than that the car runs stronger than ever and i will drive it until the wheels fall off which won't be anytime soon.

best car I've owned!

by average joe from nc | July 5, 2013

I really knew nothing about these cars, other than I see them all over the roads, so I took a chance.knock on wood, this has been a great car!I have the 5 speed, manual.gas mileage is off the hook! Never any problems whatsoever, with this car, and I can be pretty hard on it, when im running late for work.80k and haven't changed timing belt yet.pushin it, I know.bought used 3 years ago.really handles well, takes curves great, comfortable on long trips.stereo system really sounds great, for an economy car, too.lots of storage in trunk, seats fold inward.best of all, room inbackseat for two big carseats!

Its very economic

by Lbb from | January 31, 2013

Very economic but a very little engine. Low horse and tourc. Around 35 mpg. Comfy inside. Nice stock speakers.

Great car.

by Dan from Stamford, CT | July 17, 2012

Great car. Very reliable, performs, great, good mileage, low maintenance, nice styling, ample interiors, plenty of trunk space.

Solid car!

by 2.0 champion from buffalo, ny | June 5, 2012

This car has never failed me in driving in both harsh weather when hydroplaning and in the dangerous conditions of backroads. I have never got less than 33.3 mpg from this car yet!. The handling is a little bit rolling, but the trade for comfort and road holding ability is worth the trade off on long trips across states. Very little maintenance is need, just the usual oil changes, and fluid fill ups.

my elantra

by i love my elantra! from | February 7, 2012

i am a high schooler and i drive my dads old 2008 hyundai elantra. this car is amazing for getting in and out of small parking lots. it has great mileage and lots of room for friends and school books. if anyone were to ask me whether or not they should get this car i would say yes! go elantras!

Very Good Car With One Caveat

by Mick from Burlington, VT | January 2, 2012

My 2008 is almost all I could hope for. Not too bad looking for a sedan, great mileage (33 to 36). Roomy, comfortable and feels like you are driving 40 when going 60. It is pretty quiet for an economy car too as in no wind issues. The one weak spot is that the suspension is horrible. Hence the 3 rating on performance. It feels every bump and makes noise and rattles. I thought there was a problem because the car was used with 40k miles on it. My mechanic gave it a clean bill of health. All in all I guess I can live with it since everything else is so good. Just something to know.

so far so great

by golfer from raleigh,nc | September 26, 2011

had to buy a car quick. new it was coming, started looking. the elantra was the first car i saved in my search. looked at 3 or 4 others, but went back to the elantra and never looked back.

Great value for the money!

by Jessica from Minnesota from Brainerd, MN | August 18, 2011

I bought this car for the gas savings. I was driving an hour to and from work and this car did wonderfully for me! Now I only live five minutes from work and only fill my tank up once a month! The inside is comfortable with a lot of storage space! I love the XM radio and the blue lit dash at night. The car does well in the snow, especially with snow tires. I drove down a county road that wasn't plowed during a snow storm and for sure though I'd get stuck...but i didn't! Overall it is a great little car!

great value

by bear from utah | April 7, 2011

My wife an I bought this car new mainly because of the price and warranty, we were pleasantly suprised at what we got. Gas mileage has gone up about 5 MPG's since we have bought the car and we have not had one problem with it at all. I would not recommend for very snowy areas, I get stuck easy but it is a compact car, they all do. perfect for our little family, 2 kids