2011 Hyundai Elantra

Available in 4 styles:  2011 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Sedan shown

28 city / 38 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

reliable car, good gas mileage

by Paul Likes hyundai from Lynnwood, WA | March 19, 2014

Comfortable, Heated seats on the cold rainy days in Seattle. Love all the features, Such as GPS tracking and there is more! Picture your I Phone, with the features you have. Well , what are you waiting for.

Sporty Elantra

by Elantra from Waldorf, MD | December 28, 2013

My sales consultant, Glenn Somerville, was very professional and he cared about my needs and wants pertaining to my purchase. Overall, I had a great experience and I love my new car!

Suprise Disappointment

by JaneShmo from South Florida | October 10, 2012

I bought the Hyundai Elantra new in March of 2011, when it was receiving a lot of attention for its roomy interior, great MPG (a promised 30 to 41) and new stylish exterior. At the time, it set the bar for features consumers could expect with compact sedans ranging from $15 to $20k. It drives well for its class (I went on lots of test drives in competitors) and I've seen other reviews complain about road noise but I don't notice anything out of the ordinary. It's a smooth ride, accelerates nicely for a 4 cylinder and handles well for a Hyundai. I get a lot of compliments on the body and people are always impressed when they realize the iPod hookup and bass were part of the package. (I opted for one step below the GLS package, so no sunroof or GPS dashboard.) However, if you're interested in more than gadgets and comfort- oh yeah this is supposed to help get from point A to point B!- I wouldn't recommend this vehicle. I bought the car to drive it. I like road trips and my lifestyle requires a lot of commuting. In under 18 months, I've put on just under 25k miles, including one 4500 mile cross-country trip. I'm meticulous about maintenance (thus far only oil changes, tire rotations and an alignment) and average 34MPG, even though the majority of my driving is highway. I've experienced body malfunctions, rust spots and paneling bubbling as well as computer malfunctions- like the vehicle just shuts down on the road. Its for those reasons that I gave 2 stars on interior design and reliability, because the inside looks very nice, but bubbling paneling and dash features in a vehicle less than 2 years old is quite a disappointment. If this were the only vehicle available for under $20k with these features, I might recommend it for the value, however, with other major American automakers and foreign auto makers producing competitive vehicles for a better value, I say there are better ways to spend your money then on the Elantra.

So far it's great!

by Golden Gecko from Washington, IA | April 14, 2012

Needing to upgrade to a car with better gas mileage, I had narrowed my search to the Elantra and three other fuel efficient vehicles. After test driving each of these, I have to say the Elantra is by far the most comfortable of the fuel friendly vehicles. Being 6 foot 2 and 220 pounds, I feel right at home in driving the Elantra on my 40 minute daily commute, as well as when we took it on a 5 hour trip this weekend. As for fuel economy, I have averaged just over 32 MPG since I purchased the car, and I've already put over 4K miles on it. During our recent road trip, when the majority of the miles were on the interstate, I averaged nearly 38 MPG, which I admit is below the 40 MPG advertised, but I was also driving 70+ MPH most of the time, and I know MPG decreases at these higher speeds. I'm looking forward to driving this vehicle for the next 10 to 15 years if the reliability holds up like I've heard in my research.

Great mileage

by Photomaster from Madison, WI | April 9, 2012

I miss my Nissan Frontier pickup. So much I could carry that I can't get into my Elantra. However at 40+ mpg on the hiway, the Elantra is hands down a winner. The only thing that I've found that I don't like are the seats. The seat is too narrow and the side sweeps up too quickly, pressing on my thighs. On even a moderate drive, it becomes uncomfortable, and I'm just an average sized guy. Other than the too narrow seat, the car is good. It handles well, the small engine has enough pickup, fair visibility and the 2011 has much better safety ratings than older models. Once again, the gas mileage is fantastic!

best since 1962.

by pop from florida. | March 19, 2012

steering taught.rest of car is terrific. plenty of speed easy turns.great dash.best car since my 1962 lincoln.

Absolutely Worth it!

by Mike D from Brooklyn NY | January 27, 2012

I purchased this car in March of 2011 and have been very pleased with it. I traded in a 2009 Elantra GLS and have to say this car a far superior in most ways. The only things that I miss about my old car is the lighted glovebox (Came in very handy) and the extra storage compartments in the 09. but for the improvement I can't say much. I will say this the car does live up to the MPG claims and I live in NYC and deal with real bad traffic quite frequently and ran many tests because I saw many complaints. My results are as follows: 62 MPH w/o Cruise and sometimes slowing and accelerating I get an average of 42-44 MPG. With more of a steady speed I have averaged 47 through 52 MPG which is terrific! City driving seems to average only around 24-25 MPG but the reason for this is I determined my average MPH in City Driving is only 16 MPH when I am able to average over 22MPH and Up it definitely is in, up and around the 30 MPG mark and yes I also calculated this via fill up and calculator and found my display very accurate +/- .5MPG. Plus I compared the effeciency to the other cars I have driven frequently which are: 09 Elantra, 05 Elantra and 03 Cavalier. The features on this car are incredible I have the limited with Nav pkg and have been thrilled with all the extras this car has. Great bang for the buck without a doubt! I looked at all the other competitors and have to say the Elantra IMO won hands down. The car did have a little bit of a backhop because of the weight of the vehicle and rear suspension type when going over ramps a little fast but once I added a Spare Tire (Doughnut) and jack kit that immediately went away and really improved the ride quality. Performance overall has been very impressive for the class and have to say I intend to keep this car for years to come. The only issues I have had with this car are as follows: - This car needs an adjustable lumbar support my lower back starts to hurt after an hours of driving. (I am 6'3") - Once my shifter got stuck in drive and when I did the override got stuck in park I played with the brake light switch connectors above the brake pedal and it immediately worked again with no further problems (Probably partially loose. ) - Yes the car is quiet but can be noisy on certain types of road conditions but that looks to be due to the low profile tires.

very pleased

by car dude from Loves Park, IL | January 14, 2012

I am most impressed with this car. the one I bought was made in the USA in Montgomery Alabama! Also getting the Car of the year award makes me feel good. I see others who say they get bad gas mileage and just can’t understand that, I get 37mpg hwy doing 75, 41mpg doing 65 and 30 mpg in the city. So my thought is you must be a real poor aggressive driver and or not have it in eco mode. the MPG is determined by testing done by a govt agency NOT the manufacturer... had it one year now and have 9,500 miles on it. seats are comfortable, fun to drive, and has a huge trunk. The Bluetooth hook up was easy and can make and receive calls using buttons on steering wheel. I can hear the callers clearly and they hear me just fine too. took me 25 seconds to hook up my Iphone4s and each time I get into my 2011 elantra it automatically connects. Passangers in back seats are always saying their comfortable and have plenty of room. I say there is no downside to this car. It has had no problems for 12 months, only had it in for oil changes. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it did not come with a spare tire. I bought one from the dealership for around $200 and now I have no complaints :)

A little disappointed

by starrleen from Jensen Beach, FL | October 19, 2011

I have the very beautiful Hyundai Elantra Limited. It is sporty, easy to drive & I love it. The only problem is the gas mileage. I only get 29mpg on HIGHWAY, no where near 40. I get better mileage on my 2001 Elantra. I go to the gas station on average 2 - 3 times a week. RIDICULOUS for this car! Either I have a thimble for a gas tank, or there is something seriously wrong. The engine has been broken in: I have 5,200 miles on it, so it should be a lot more efficient.

Perfect fit!

by Dad buying a car for daughter from Richmond, TX | October 11, 2011

We were looking for a used car for my daughter and ran across the Elantra. What a bargain! Beautiful styling, solid features and great dependability. And gas mileage we could only have hoped for. And the price of the new Elantra was about the same as the used vehicles we were looking at (e.g. Honda, Toyota, etc.) She's had it about six months now with no problems and a lot of driving. Great car.