2012 Hyundai Elantra

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Lovin' this ride!

by First Time Hyundai Buyer from Indianapolis, IN | May 8, 2014

When shopping for a more fuel-efficient vehicle, I realized the Hyundai Elantra was the car that always caught my eye when driving down the road. I test drove one, fell in love with the Limited's leather interior, sunroof, and tech package, and had to have it. I'm not the type to get excited about things like cars, but I absolutely love this vehicle. I did my research for several months.....the fuel-efficiency, safety ratings, resale value, value for the buck compared to other cars....all these plus the sharp interior and exterior made me WANT this car. I bought it, have been driving it for about a month, getting several compliments on it, and am so happy I made this choice. Drive one!

garbage

by donbuy from | January 31, 2014

Has not been a great car and I would not recommend it to anyone. Has been having a lot of issues. It is bad.

Good car at a good value.

by PurpleRose from Hot Springs, AR | August 29, 2013

My Elantra is just the car for me. Good on gas mileage, good on power, comfy ride. Most of all I am very pleased with my Hyundai dealership. I previously had a Santa Fe and loved it but needed better gas mileage and switched to the Elantra. No complaints at all about it.

It is alright car.

by KK from FL | August 23, 2013

From my experience with some different cars that I have it in the past. I think this car is so-so and compare to volkswagen golf, toyota sienna, toyota pre runner, honda civic, pontiac cars. The cars that I named and I used to have them in the past. I think Hyundai Elantra is nice and cute car, but it's not a great car like others. My car is already acting like old car. When I first bought my car and I got a problem with alignment. It was shaking and it made me feel like this car is not safe at all because it was brand new car. My other cars were smooth and still act like new cars. I have problem to use cruise on my car. When I turn cruise on and no problem, but when I press on "set" and it will not come on. I have struggled many time to put set on for the cruise. I just have to keep turn on and off or cancel the cruise few time before the set will work. I heard that Korean makes bad electricity for the car. So, that explains why I have problem with cruise. Gas mileage wasn't the same as the paperwork showed. I think gas mileage is alright. The reason I bought this car is because I wanted to have a good gas mileage on the car.

Awesome ride

by Aggie Proud from Pasadena, TX | July 13, 2013

Outstanding performance, stylish inside and out, great gas mileage, bought used 2012 model with 20,000 miles so I wouldn't have to pay high retail price and deal with jerk new car dealers.

2012 elantra

by nothing new from Rhode Island | March 21, 2013

We traded in our 2010 Elantra SE after one year cause it gave a terrible ride there where no 2011's left so we had to get a 2012 in august 2011 in one year a rear shock absorber went took 3 trips to dealer to finally fix 6 mos. later the computer went ,now sounds like both rear shocks are gone driving over small bumps in the road sounds like the rear wheels are falling off going back to the dealer next week , car has the worst suspenion of any car made very cheap yet charge $19,675. this is our 3rd elantra the 04 we had never gave us any trouble we will not buy another plus depreciates quicker than any other car it also has a lot of blind spots, gas mileage isn't that great like everyone says , if you own one good luck if you plan to buy I suggest to look at other cars first our car has 29k on it tires only have 35% tread left, car is low and its not good in the snow .

Love this car!

by Jules from Austin, Tx | March 5, 2013

I traded in my gas guzzling luxury SUV for a 2013 Elantra Limited. It's perfect and roomy for my family. I would call it more of a mid size sedan than a compact. It's been a great car and has many of the luxury amenities that my SUV had, but my payment and gas mileage are a lot better. It's fun for me to drive again! It's looks great and drives beautifully. I'd recommend it to everyone. It's a lot better than many of the other sedans out on the market.

2013 Elantra

by Loneowl from Northern Colorado | February 27, 2013

Very comfortable, love the hatchback, reasonable power, and great looking. I am getting an average of 32 mpg during the winter months of Colorado. No complaints from me on this. Summer fuel will eliminate the gas additives, so my mpg's should improve a bit (5%). I really like this car!

Great car

by skopskietendonner from sa | December 21, 2012

With new design, this car is going places. The only issue I have is that there is no diesel variant.

Elantra - Bad Customer Service

by Elantra Owner from Seattle | December 9, 2012

I bought the 2012 Elantra after reading reviews and saw the mileage that was on the window sticker, to later find out that Hyundai was overstated the MPG, same as their sister company KIA. My mileage is NOT even close to the window sticker that came with the car. I have complained to Hydundai corporate and have gotten nothing but excuses and it seems no desire to fix the MPG problems with this car. I have also found out that a class action law suit has also been filed on behalf of Elantra owners by a law firm back east. In the meantime the EPA has stepped in and both Hyundai & KAI have issued gas cars for certain vehicles. I have a Elantra & own a KIA Soul which have both been issued gas cards. The funny part is my MPG on the Elantra is suppose to be better than the Soul, which is not the case. I have about 3000 miles more than the Soul. I received a gas card for $63.00 and the Soul is for $ 274.00. Go figure! These will be issued supposedly for the mileage driven for the life of the vehicle. My overall review would recommend to look at different companies to buy your vehicles from. They talk a good game, but do not back up their product from my experience dealing with them. Good Luck!