2013 Hyundai Elantra

28 city / 38 hwy

Overall

Great car for the money

by Hyundai Convert from MN | May 24, 2015

I started looking for a different car about a month ago and was dead set on a VW. I loved the styling of them and the sport mode that the Jettas and Golfs have. I visited a local VW dealership 4 times, each time being unimpressed with what they consider "Certified Pre-Owned." I am not sure if they just have bad detailers but I test drove 5 cars and 3/5 were dirty. Steering on half of them were loose which was surprising because these cars had 25k miles or less on them. I decided to not just pigeon hole myself with VWs and I am very glad I did. Looked online and noticed that the Hyundai Elantra Limited had everything and more of what I wanted/needed in a car. Test drove one with the tech package and bought it that day. Heated front and rear seats, dual climate, touch screen navigation, USB port, moonroof, back up camera, and this one had a remote start. CPO. All of those options for a 2013 that was LESS than what I would have paid for a VW with the same miles, year and their SE trim. I am not sure even the SEL trim on the VW comes equipped as well as the Hyundai. Is a Hyundai on par with VW in terms of reputation as being "higher end?" No. But VWs do not have the same quality they once had. I don't have a long commute for work so gas mileage was not an issue for me. Coming from a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant, the Elantra is a big step up in almost every way. The only thing I wish the Elantra had was a bit more acceleration but I have a lead foot and perhaps it's a good thing it isn't super zippy. The seats are comfortable even for my husband who is 6'1 and the backseat and trunk have more than enough space. I am still surprised that this car is considered a competitor to the Civic or Corolla because both of those feel a lot smaller. Is this car an A4 or 3-series BMW? No. But you can get it optioned well for a price that you can feel good about.

Don't buy a 2013 Hyundai Elantra

by Disgruntled from Raleigh, NC | May 19, 2015

I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Elantra with a window sticker stating "29-40 mpg". Less than 2 months later I got a letter from Hyundai stating that they overestimated the gas mileage and it is lower now, 28 city, 38 hwy but I would be eligible for a gas reimbursement program meaning they would pay you back the difference in the gas mileage. It's NOT ENOUGH! My gas mileage is getting continually worse. When I filled up today, I calculated I am getting 21.51 mpg. This is sadly far under the gas mileage I thought I'd get with this car. It's terrible. And to top it off, I am not receiving the reimbursement money as promised. They say 6-10 weeks from taking your car in and having them read the odometer. I was there well over 10 weeks ago, and yet I have received nothing in the mail, nor a returned phone call or email. Don't waste your money on any Hyundai cars. You'll regret it!

Heather 2013 Elantra

by Heart Care Heather from katy texas | April 15, 2015

love my car! Anytime I need to go to Hub Hyundai in Katy all the people are fast and courteous. never an issue :)

could be better

by ACSLATER from | March 31, 2015

no spare tire. the MPG is way off. slow. after 35k miles the interior sucks. ride is rough. ride is loud.

Pre-owned Limited with Tech. Package

by hvac999 from Charlotte, NC | March 30, 2015

I recently purchased a Certified pre-owned Limited with the Tech. Package. This car has ALL the bells and whistles and sold at a price that could not be beaten by any other competitor. The interior is roomy and I have no problems being 6'1'. The nav. and stereo are excellent and can be adjusted on the steering wheel along with cruise control and Bluetooth. The car handles ALOT better than some Pro. reviewers have stated. Some of that may be from the 45 series 17" wheels. My wife and I both LOVE the car and can NOT be matched at bang for buck. Drive one. You will be impressed, especially the Limited.

Everything Except the Tires

by gort from PA | February 25, 2015

I have almost 11,000 miles on my 2013 Elantra Limited sedan, and the car lives up to its hype; however, the car comes with Optimo tires that have a less than stellar rating. That's why I got rid of the tires and purchased Continentals after doing research on reliability and performance. Other than the original tires, I have no complaint with this car.

love this car!

by sporty car Grandma from crystal lake, Illinois | February 19, 2015

The 2013 Elantra was exactly the car I was looking for..It has a sporty stylish look to it. It drives beautifully and has a very comfortable interior. I thought it was very good value for the money.

Not a vehicle for snow areas

by Frank from Hubbardston, Ma | November 19, 2014

Overall car is decent. The original tires are lousy. Wore out at 33,000. (Hancook Optima). Had tires rotated every 5k to 7k..wore evenly but fast. Car is very light so if you are in a snow area plan on buying snow threads.. Reduces gas mileage considerably. Bought the car because it was advertised for great gas mileage. If I knew that the mileage would be this bad,,I would have bought a SUV 4 wheel drive or a Suburu all wheel drive. I have gotten 4 Hyunda's but this will be my last.

You'd better have aaa

by Hyundai2014 new owner from Pittsburgh,PA | July 5, 2014

I recently purchased a 2014 Hyundai elantra limited and had quite an experience. First of all, I wonder if the salespeople really wanna sell u a car, or if they just like to hang out. Forget. Any "deals" u think yor getting, even with a better trade in. True car quotes apply to every dealership but the ones that are near u. It seems that selling defective products should be outlawed! I had read about poor tires on a review prior to buying my car, but I guess I had to experience it myself. How about a low out tire at 533 miles! Forget roadside assistance, u need towed,to Hyundai by AAA,then hours on the phone with the manufacturer of the tires Hankook, , who not only doesn't acknowledge the defect(and neither does hyundai) But also will not honor a warrantee. No spare, a new one ready to mount will cost u $800. My tire tore around the rim. I was lucky no one got hurt, it could have been tragic. If anyone else has run into this problem, you need to report it, to hyundai, Hankook tires, and these reviews. I guess it's more profitable to let people die,don't acknowledge a defect until you are forced to do so like GM, and play dumb. Hyundai, I thought you were better than that, only to find out you are not!

Great Car

by VAie from Hampton Roads, Va. | June 24, 2014

I have always been a GM/Chevy owner, but decided to test drive the Elantra. I am sure glad I did. Outstanding Car. The ride , comfort and the extras that are available in this price range are above all other makes or models. My only concern was the lack of a spare tire. I really enjoy driving this care and feel safe and comfortable.