2013 Hyundai Elantra

28 city / 38 hwy

Overall

Everything Except the Tires

by gort from PA | February 25, 2015

I have almost 11,000 miles on my 2013 Elantra Limited sedan, and the car lives up to its hype; however, the car comes with Optimo tires that have a less than stellar rating. That's why I got rid of the tires and purchased Continentals after doing research on reliability and performance. Other than the original tires, I have no complaint with this car.

love this car!

by sporty car Grandma from crystal lake, Illinois | February 19, 2015

The 2013 Elantra was exactly the car I was looking for..It has a sporty stylish look to it. It drives beautifully and has a very comfortable interior. I thought it was very good value for the money.

Not a vehicle for snow areas

by Frank from Hubbardston, Ma | November 19, 2014

Overall car is decent. The original tires are lousy. Wore out at 33,000. (Hancook Optima). Had tires rotated every 5k to 7k..wore evenly but fast. Car is very light so if you are in a snow area plan on buying snow threads.. Reduces gas mileage considerably. Bought the car because it was advertised for great gas mileage. If I knew that the mileage would be this bad,,I would have bought a SUV 4 wheel drive or a Suburu all wheel drive. I have gotten 4 Hyunda's but this will be my last.

You'd better have aaa

by Hyundai2014 new owner from Pittsburgh,PA | July 5, 2014

I recently purchased a 2014 Hyundai elantra limited and had quite an experience. First of all, I wonder if the salespeople really wanna sell u a car, or if they just like to hang out. Forget. Any "deals" u think yor getting, even with a better trade in. True car quotes apply to every dealership but the ones that are near u. It seems that selling defective products should be outlawed! I had read about poor tires on a review prior to buying my car, but I guess I had to experience it myself. How about a low out tire at 533 miles! Forget roadside assistance, u need towed,to Hyundai by AAA,then hours on the phone with the manufacturer of the tires Hankook, , who not only doesn't acknowledge the defect(and neither does hyundai) But also will not honor a warrantee. No spare, a new one ready to mount will cost u $800. My tire tore around the rim. I was lucky no one got hurt, it could have been tragic. If anyone else has run into this problem, you need to report it, to hyundai, Hankook tires, and these reviews. I guess it's more profitable to let people die,don't acknowledge a defect until you are forced to do so like GM, and play dumb. Hyundai, I thought you were better than that, only to find out you are not!

Great Car

by VAie from Hampton Roads, Va. | June 24, 2014

I have always been a GM/Chevy owner, but decided to test drive the Elantra. I am sure glad I did. Outstanding Car. The ride , comfort and the extras that are available in this price range are above all other makes or models. My only concern was the lack of a spare tire. I really enjoy driving this care and feel safe and comfortable.

Great Service at Dealership

by Devanah/Mom on the go from ClearLake, Texas | May 29, 2014

The car drives well and it is a bargain for the price. It comes with a 100 mile warranty and it has many safety features that make it exceptional. It is great on gas and the control is good. It is a car I would not mind buying for my children.

Bell Toll

by Nickname from 29607 | April 26, 2014

Elantra offers more standard features than competing models, but lacks a spare tire, jack & tools. Dealer kit from parts dept. is over priced @ $275. Roadside assitance-5 years, can't fix a tire that will not hold air. Car will have to be towed to Hyundai dealer @ great time waste. ---------------------- Trunk volume, rear seat fold down are far superior to Corolla. As is rear seat leg room. --------------------------- Hancook tires are junk: Ride hard & wear fast. Put on Nitto Motivo. Far better ride. But beware Limited comes with 45 profile. Handles great on smooth road like interstate. On patched road & irregular surface rides harsh. Also true for other car models. Avoid tire profile below 55. ---------------------------- 6 speed automatic shift points are not where wanted. First gear is too low & holds too long, but accelerates well. Higher gears seem to lack needed torque & shift up too soon. ____________________ MPG claimed is questionable. ------------------------------- Dash Gauges have good contrast & are illuminated during day. ----------------------------- Hyundai dealer network & national CS need improvement- not smooth. Proves a great sounding warranty is only as good as the local customer experience. And no better than the very young no nothing rookies @ Hynudai USA. __________________ Elantra is a fair contender in its price class.

not as expected

by gary from iowa | March 16, 2014

I purchased a new 2013 elantra limited. the vin started w/5 so im sorry to say that it was made in the usa. I love the body style and the claimed mpg, that's what lead me to test drive this car. the test drive felt good except the ride was a slightly rough or choppy but I thought I could live with it since I really liked the body style. after driving the car about 500 miles I noticed the front end making knocking sounds while going over bumps in the road around 20-25 mph. I also noticed the headliner rattling (I have the sunroof). I also noticed a slight rough idle occasionally. I took the car in to get looked at and was told there is a bulletin on the front end but no fix yet and they couldn't recreate the problem on any of my concerns. since then I have taken the car in 3 more times and not one thing has been fixed. Hyundai corporation is no help either. I have also had problems with the bluetooth ocasionally not connecting with my phone when I enter the car and surprise, they wont do anything about that either. to top it off I travel about 95% hwy miles and I average about 31 mpg, no where near the 38 claimed. to be fair it is winter but I don't have much faith there will be a huge change. at least the problems I have are not mechanical and the car always starts and gets me where I need to go. just a warning, if your interested in this car take it on a very long test drive over multiple road conditions before you buy. road noise can be very loud over some surfaces. pay close attention to suspension noises no matter how slight, once you hear them your senses will focus on them and will drive you crazy. For a car that stickered for 25k I expected much more.

Ron Carter of Friendswood - Julian Carrillo

by Elantra lover from Pasadena, Texas | February 27, 2014

I LOVE this car and RON CARTER in Friendswood!!! I had a great salesman, Julian Carrillo who was very knowledgable about the Elantra and got us a great deal! Go see Julian, he can hook you up with a great deal!!!

2013 Elantra Coupe SE Manual Transmission

by Heather from Sunman, IN | February 12, 2014

I purchased my coupe used with about 18k miles on it. I just rolled past 22k and thought I'd give my opinion about it so far. I have seen plenty of reviews that knock the MPG and say it doesn't get as high as they expected. I went from a Ford Explorer to this and I'll sing the praises of 34mpg. Took a little road trip a few weeks ago and it was actually up to 46 for a while (granted I was on a flat 2 lane road behind a school bus for about 20 miles). I really like the updated interior. Mine does have the "leather" seats which seem more like plastic but having heated seats in this terrible winter is nice. I will admit that the car is less than great in the snow. I live in a rural area where we don't use salt, but sand. I've been stuck in my driveway more than once. The car weighs nothing and mine has a sporty tire. Had I of known that even with FWD this would hate the winter, I may have just went with the Genesis. Anyone that lives near a city, etc I imagine would do just fine in the snowy weather thought. Overall, I can't say enough good things about the car. I've had no problems so far and really enjoy the drive. For a little 4 cylinder it's pretty quick. Looks great, gets great mpg and has lots of buttons to play with on the drive. I'd definitely buy this again.