2014 Hyundai Elantra

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love this car.

by Cars from Houston, Tx | July 19, 2014

Love this Car. from control with the 3 modes of sports, normal, and comfort. If you can get this car a good price for the whole package

Pleasant Surprise

by Value Lover from Thomasburg, Ontario | July 18, 2014

Shortly after our purchase we went on an extended road trip and the car handled beautifully. We got the 6 speed manual, up and down shifting is easy. Cornering was very stable, especially using the selectable Sport steering. Comfort steering mode is good for long periods on the expressway. The stereo system could use a little more punch. The interior is so quiet that it's hard to tell the car is running when idling and road noise is minimal at speed. 6 way driver's seat adjustment made it easy to adjust to, almost, perfection.

Regretful buyer

by 1st time Elantra buyer from St. John's NL. | July 16, 2014

I upgraded to the GLS with sunroof, alloys and a couple of other little add - ons, but I wish I had gone one step further to get an engine upgrade. There are lots of things I like about the car - it feels safe(like a big car), the interior, the mileage is acceptable. However, I would return this car tomorrow if I could. The engine absolutely dies on the smallest of inclines. Its very loud and unresponsive - I am still somewhat weary of accelerating to pass on the highway and even changing lanes in the city because of it's lack of responsiveness. Very surprising and even more disappointing. Unfortunately I still have years to pay on this vehicle. I agree with the posting of an earlier reviewer - rent before you buy.

Great value for the money

by Zr2steve from Houston | June 27, 2014

This is my third Hyundai. Just traded in my 06 Sonata for the Elantra. Very comfortable and gets great mileage in the city and on the highway. Very happy with the warranty it comes with. Has free roadside assistance for 5 years! Easy to park and has many conveniences you wouldn't expect in a small car. Feels roomy inside for it's size also. Great fit and finish.

Purchased an Elantra!!

by Car Lover from Pasadena, Texas | May 30, 2014

Walked in and test drove an Elantra. Next thing you know, my daughter has a new car. In & out in a breeze. No hassle

Rent this BEFORE you buy it!!

by NVGUYS from Tampa Florida | May 29, 2014

Before you go and waste $18,000 to $23,000 on a car you may not like RENT it before you buy it. A long weekend will tell you if the car is for you or not. I rented a brand new 2014 Hyundai Elantra SE automatic. I had high hopes since it looked fun, exciting and current. But, I would be proven wrong, realizing I was lead by "pretty pictures and slick marketing". Over all exterior and interior appearance was good. The actual problems when you real start to touch and feel everything and use all the controls. SE Elantra's do not have radio controls on the steering wheel unless you go for the upgraded interior packed for about $900.00. When I got home I parked int he garage and touched everything. I listened and felt how all the controls, seats, fabric, switches moved, clicked, thunked and beeped. What I came away with from this brand new car was a feeling of complete cheapness. Nothing felt sturdy or well made. It did not feel like this would last for 10 years or 100,000 miles. It literally felt like it would fall apart or just start braking. When compared to the new Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla and Civic there is a reason why the Hyundai is cheaper. Because it is not as well made. But be the judge for yourself! All the rental agencies carry most makes and models. Rent a car for a week and try out a few different models. Swap out the cars every few days. Flick all the switches and knobs, try everything. At the end of 7 days what car would actually want to keep in your driveway for 5 - 10 years and put 100 to 200k miles on it?? Be your own judge and post your responses here!

extremely comfortable for sr citizen.

by retired insurance auto damage appraiser from Land o lakes Florida | May 16, 2014

I also own a Hyundai sonata. The performance of the sanata helped me decide to go with the elantra. Also the sales Person and his dealership made my purchasing of a new veh very pleasant. Would go back again.

Very Good Car, Satisfied w/ my purchase decision

by Sandy from Orange County, CA | May 13, 2014

Test drove an Elantra, Mazda 3, Ford Focus & Fiesta, & Nissan Sentra. Previously owned a Hyundai Excel as my first car when I was a teenager & when Hyundai later developed a Bad reputation...I think Hyundai has since, in the past 26 years since grew and developed into a great company that really did a 180. I also previously owned a Saturn & a Mazda 3. I am Very satisfied with this purchase! The car runs smoothly, the exterior looks like an expensive car, the interior is nice (I would have preferred softer suede seating, and chose a lower model b/c I can't Stand the trend for that faux leather seating all car makers seem to have when you get into the higher models). The stereo system could be better in terms of the speakers. The rearview camera makes me feel better about backing up that I won't hit my kid or the dog when backing out of the garage. The interior is quite roomy, the only complaint I have is where the seat buckles into sometimes digs into my upper thigh and I have to push it down into the side of the seat to keep it from bothering me. The mileage is Outstanding! Went from needing to get gas 1x/wk in my last car (Mazda 3) to just once every 1 1/2 wks. I also purchased it b/c you cannot beat the warranty package with Any other car maker today! All in all, I think I got a Very good deal! If you are in the Orange County, CA area, I Highly recommend Hardin Hyundai, specifically Steve Cooke who did not bug me with numerous follow-up calls and answered the exact questions I asked via e-mail rather than asking me to call in to speak to him on the phone which I don't like doing until I've made my decision b/c I know that is just a dealer's way to try to talk you up and play you to swindle you.

Regret buying

by Ljessgr from Escondido,Ca | May 4, 2014

Unfortunately what I should be getting mpg for highway I get local driving of 26 mpg on highway and that's with driving nice on the road. I've had my car for a year now and the dealership has never been able to fix my cars navigation. I am extremely disappointed with the car itself and Hyundai's customer service. I really wish I would have chosen the Mazda3, at least I would have made a wiser choice

Thrilled with my new Elantra

by Lynda from ft Worth, Tx | April 13, 2014

I upgraded my 2001 Accent GLS to a 2014 Elantra SE with many additions for a great price. I drove a Civic, Mazda 3 and the Elantra. I loved the pep, styling and great deal I got on my car. It is very roomy inside. It is such a dream to drive. I even have heated cloth seats. It steers beautifully. The back up camera has a bit of a glare on sunny days but is a great safety feature. Blue tooth was easy to set up even for a non techy. Love it. Vandergriff Hyundai was great to deal with.