2014 Hyundai Elantra

Starting MSRP

Overall

Horrible

by Ash from Arizona | May 15, 2015

First off let me say that I did not purchase this car. It is a rental because my car is currently in the shop. Only good thing I can say about this car is that the seats are so comfortable. Everything else is horrible. I filled up the tank on Tuesday, it is now Friday and I have to fill up again. The acceleration is horrible. It literally feels like you have to press down the gas pedal with your entire foot rather than just pressing gently. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. There are to many blind spots.

Good car so far

by Arizona Test Driver from Laveen, AZ | April 29, 2015

Our Elantra is a base model w/automatic trans. Bought it new in June of 2014 and has over 16,000 miles already. Runs great, gets better than advertised MPG, well equipted and is very comfortable. Only compliant so far is the paint. Front bumper cover is turning dull and the paint on the hood chips quite easily. This is our second Elantra, the first was a 2000 and was a very good car, except for the paint.

Good But...

by Teamheadwind from Yakima, WA | February 6, 2015

This is a tough review to write. I really like my 2014 Elantra Limited. Seems to be a very solid car, drives well and gets great mileage. My gripe (and this is a big one to me) is that every time I start the car I need to push the "Agree" button on the Navigation screen. Hyundai claims its a safety issue that cannot be bypassed, I contend it's simply an unnecessary legal maneuver. This is irritating enough that I'll probably get rid of it for something similar that does not have that problem. Heck, even my Garmin "agree" page can be deleted.

Don't Do it!

by Beary from Citrus Heights, CA | January 23, 2015

Headrests push your neck forward, cannot sit up straight, long drives it hurts. Bad gas mileage, not what they tell you or on the sticker. Bought the car, never heard from them again. Brand new car, tires outside edges are Orange? Turned in a year old 2013 and this new 2014 doesn't have the tinted rear view mirror? What? You don't notice that till the next day. Also all the windows are not tinted for glare that came with the 2013 from the factory. So the 2014's are not as equipped with extra's from the factory because? Service department ignores you if you make a complaint. Don't do it.

2011 elantra needs structs already as well as coil

by marianne from bought in fitchburg, ma | December 30, 2014

Car in repair for front struts and coil springs at a cost of over $1,000. Has 1088 miles on it but never abused and used for family and work. Can you explain why this needs repair after only 3 years. Have another car for ten years and no such repairs

More Than I Need

by Steve from Chippewa, Pa | December 26, 2014

Took my 2002 Sonata to get it inspected (bought used). Because of the problems that they found, I ended up purchasing a 2014 Elantra. I have had this car for 4 months. I fly every week, so have experienced quite a few different autos, including the 2013 & 2014 Sonata's. When I test drove the Elantra, I noticed that it had many of the Sonata features I was used to. It also had heated seats (a strong plus for my wife (we live in Pa)). The back up camera is a nice addition, as well. I tried the Accent, but found that I missed the features that were in the Elantra. I test drove the Sonata, and found that it was not as pleasant as the Elantra. I am thoroughly pleased with this car, and would highly recommend the 2014 version. I have heard that they've taken out the heated seats in the 2015. A mistake, in my opinion.

overall

by mvl1590 from texas | November 24, 2014

I purchased my 2014 Hyundai elantra earlier this year. My sister had one and i fell in love with the exterior style of it. I made a rushed decision and I am some what disappointed with the purchase. Ron Carter did an amazing job working with me but the car overall I feel is a little cheaply made. Recently the buttons have randomly stopped working correctly, ex. I go to change the station and changes the volume instead or I go to turn the radio up and it turns it down instead. Some times when I am coming to a stop it starts kind of shaking/ feeling bumpy like its going to shut off. The rearview camera is of horrible quality and the defrost doesn't seem to do its job. Also I am 5'7" and I feel its a hassle getting in and out of the car because it is pretty small...I havent quite measured it but I feel like the gas doesn't last me at all...don't know if its just my car or if others have experienced this..I will fill up my car and literally 2 days later im at half tank and I wouldn't say I drive around to much..

First of the modern cars I've bought.

by Buyer from Dallas, Texas | September 23, 2014

This is the first car I've bought which is so heavily reliant on electronic and wireless technology that I am still wary and scared of the what-ifs.....Just bought it, so have not had a flat or some such issue, so cannot comment much yet. My previous cars /vans were all sturdy Japanese work-horses which are still going strong after 13-15 years of service.

Ron Carter Hyundai

by Socorro P from Houston, TX | September 15, 2014

Hello, I have recently purchased a car for Ron Carter Hyundai in Friendswood, Texas. My Sales man was Erik Gomaz and he has great and very helpful, and took his time with us. I would recommend him to anyone.

Ron carter hyundai elantra review

by in love with my elantra! from Baytown tx | September 11, 2014

I really liked my guy Israel. It did take a while to get my new car but it was worth it! They helped my out a lot as I was upside down on my yaris and I hated it. I got in a 2014 hyundai elantra and I have had it just under 2 weeks, but the gas mileage is great, I love the back up camera, and it drives alot better than my yaris did. I also got a lower interest rate and WE FINALLY HAVE AN ARM REST!!! plus My kiddos carseat fits properly now and I have tons of trunk space