2009 Hyundai Entourage
A sister of the Kia Sedona minivan, the Hyundai Entourage competes with similar minivans such as the Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna and Dodge Grand Caravan. It seats seven passengers and is available in base GLS or Limited trim. It's packed with the usual features and options in this class, like folding third-row seats and dual, power-sliding rear doors. The Entourage also loads up on standard safety features, including side curtain airbags and an electronic stability system, and its crash-test ratings are tops in the minivan class.
New for 2009
The Entourage gets a more distinctive chrome grille, XM Satellite Radio becomes standard and the audio system has been updated.
The headlights are large, the hood appears raised from the fenders and the belt line extends from the top of the fenders at the same height from front to rear, giving the vehicle a solid, uniform appearance. The Entourage measures 202 inches long, 78.1 inches wide and 71.5 inches tall. It's very close to its competitors in both length and width, but it's the tallest by a couple of inches.
- New chrome grille
- Chrome exterior accents on Limited models
- Integrated roof rack and rear spoiler
Faux wood or metal-like trim finishes are available on a two-tone interior scheme. There are climate controls for both front seats, as well as for the second row. With all its seats in place, the Entourage's cargo space is 32.2 cubic feet, which is a bit smaller than its competitors. Its overall interior volume of 172 cubic feet, however, is more than the Odyssey or Grand Caravan. The Popular Equipment Package on the GLS includes backup warning sensors, and the Rear Seat Entertainment package adds a backseat DVD video system with an 8-inch screen.
Now standard on the Entourage Limited are a rear-seat entertainment system; tilt/slide glass sunroof; power front passenger seat; power adjustable foot pedals; a memory function for the driver's seat, outside mirrors and foot pedals; and an auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink.
- Optional heated leather seats
- Standard driver's seat height adjustment
- Third-row seats fold into the floor
- Standard XM Satellite Radio with three months of free service
- Updated audio system with new controls and a display that more readily displays information from iPods and other devices
- Standard USB/iPod auxiliary inputs
Under the Hood
The Entourage's V-6 makes 250 horsepower — a healthy amount for a minivan, but the van's weight results in modest acceleration and decent but not exceptional fuel economy.
- 250-hp, 3.8-liter V-6 with 253 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed automatic transmission with auto-manual mode
- Towing capacity of 1,000 pounds
The Entourage boasts the top ratings of any minivan in Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash tests, with Good scores in rear- as well as front- and side-impact tests.
Standard features include:
- Electronic stability system
- Antilock brakes
- Seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Side curtain airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Three-point seat belts and adjustable head restraints for all seats
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Hyundai Entourage
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.