2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Well balanced

by Max from New Orleans, LA | April 17, 2014

This seems to be a well designed & built car. Almost enough power, better than average braking. Crisp steering, little too harsh ride around town. Roomy front cabin. Below average gas mileage. Everyone compliments the styling. Nice for the price.

Best Car ever!

by Genesis Coupe lover from Tucson, Az | April 13, 2014

Love this car, the way it handles, and it's upscale interior! This is probably one of the best vehicles I have driven in this price range. For the money, it doesn't get much better than this!

Genesis Experience

by Old Car Nut (me, not the car) from South Carolina | November 14, 2012

Genesis Coupe is an eyecatcher. Its aggressive stance and sleek lines draw attention from any angle. From its introduction in 2010, I nearly drooled anytime I saw one. A recent opprtunity to purchase drew me in that direction. I had a meager budget, I did not want to purchase pre-owned, and I did not want to pay extra for a lot of bells and whistles (or buttons) I didn't need. A lone 2.0T base model lingered on the local dealer's lot and continued to lure me, and I couldn't get it out of my mind (even though I was actually interested in a very different vehicle of another brand with a smaller turbo engine and a 10-year enthusiast following but a price point I could not justify). I took the plunge. While I'm still happy I purchased the car, I am disappointed in a couple of areas. 1) EPA mileage figures are not realistic -- instead of 20-24-30, I'm getting about 16-20-25, even running premium unleaded fuel. I hope the refreshed 2013 model with its 8-speed automatic exceeds this figure. 2) The non-telescoping steering column challenges my short reach. 3) The exhaust tips remain sooty, despite frequent washes and wipings. A recent daytrip in the mountains left me smiling, as the little coupe excels in the twisties. Overall, this is a neat little car. I believe Hyundai developed a good formula and made dramatic improvements over the Tiburon model it replaces. I think there is still room for improvement, and I hope the 2013 model accomplishes its goals and advances their position in the market.

Amazing car

by lori's GC from Prescott, AZ | August 27, 2012

Fun, fun, fun and sexy to boot. And price to value is amazing. Best car owned ever. Have 2.0T and it had great performance. Did some modifications and wow. That little 4 banger does alright!

An altogether great sports car

by RWD is a must from San Francisco, CA | May 14, 2012

This is very much a driver's car. I enjoy the experience of driving the Genesis Coupe. I look forward to driving this car every morning to and from work because it's just a pleasure to drive. Its turbo-charged four cylinder has a low throaty growl that is not too loud. Acceleration is very fast but the traction control works well. Whenever the back starts to slip the car automatically adjusts the brakes and engine power output to prevent an accident. Both the sound and the exterior design language turn heads. I wasn't expecting to buy a head turner. In fact I removed all of the badges from the back and replaced the Hyundai logo with a blank filler. But the most common reaction I get to my car is "That's a really beautiful car. It's a Hyundai? No way!" It's funny, every time I drive down I-880 I get to count how many riced out Civics whip around me to get in front. This car really gets them going. I got the 2.0T Premium. The infotainment system is really nice and I will probably never replace it. The Bluetooth pairing with my phone is easy to set up and works really well. I can play music on my Android phone and have the sound come out over the Infinity six-speaker audio system without having to use a aux cable. One thing to note about this car is: Don't get the navigation unless the dealer throws it in for free. It's really, really bad. I tried to use it six times after I took the car off the lot and it never got me to my destination. I will stick to using Google Navigation or my Tomtom.

Great for the money

by Tide Fan from Huntersville, NC | April 9, 2012

My 2012 Genesis Coup Touring model is a great value for the money. Gas mileage as advertised. So fun to drive and sporty. Can't be beat for the money.

Bought another one

by Mathman from Sarasota, FL | April 9, 2012

I owned the second 2010 genesis coupe bought in the USA. It was a 3.8 Grand Touring. I loved it! Traded up to a 2012 3.8 Track 6 months ago and its even better!

1st V6

by emailtyrone from VA | March 17, 2012

it's a head turner. i had no intention of even purchasing a vehicle when i stopped by the hyundai dealership and no i find myself totally mesmerized by the fact that i own such fine piece of machinery. "surreal" would be the word that comes to mind. i have never really been into cars, but i am liking this one and look forward to driving to the point that i almost find excuses to to go places just so i drive it. i highly recommend it for anyone that enjoys driving and likes sharp cars.

Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 6 speed manual trans

by Jonathan from Campobello,SC | December 19, 2011

Great overall value for dollar.Corners and handles like a go-cart.Great fun.Expect to loose some ride quality with the track package.Ergonomics are not quite perfect for me.I've grown to love the electronic display with phone,audio,climate,& navigation.Very happy with the car.

Gas Hog

by Freeway Bound from Murrieta, California | November 27, 2011

I drive 140 miles per day on the freeway. I had a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT. It is a V6 and I would get 27-29 MPG everyday. The car was getting old and I needed a new car. My requirements were 30 plus MPG minimum, automatic trans, rear wheel drive, and the ability to have hands free phone. The rear wheel drive requirement narrowed my search to three choices, Camaro, Mustang, or Genesis Coupe 2.0T. The Genesis was the least expensive, best warranty, and the highest ADVERTISED MPG. It estimates up to 36 MPG. Because I drive nothing but highway miles I expected somewhere between 29 and 36 MPG. What I am getting is 24 mpg. I have complained and taken the car in. They said there is nothing wrong with the car. I like everything about the car except the MPG. If you are thinking like me then you should consider the 6 cylinder and not the 4. Reading the blogs you will find that the 6 cylinder gets better gas mileage. I am seriously thinking of trading it in for a Mustang just because of the poor gas mileage. This car is costing me an extra $110/month more then I expected. I know I will lose a lot of money if I trade it in but I'm that upset about it. Maybe the better gas mileage will cover my losses on a trade-in.