2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Do your research first

by Unhappy from | July 22, 2014

Like some others, I should have read up on these before I bought one. I purchased a 2011 3.8 Grand Touring with a little less than 40,000 miles on it in 2013. Immediately I felt a vibration coming from the rear end once I passed the 75 mph mark. I took it back and Hyundai of course blamed the tires, so I replaced them. The tech drove it and said he still feels the vibration as well so we call in some Hyundai certified tech to drive it and he tells me the vibration is normal! Needless to say after months of fighting and ruining a brand new set of tires, Hyundai will not acknowledge the problem and I am stuck with it. Buyer beware.

Very nice for the money

by genesistexas from San Antonio, TX | July 16, 2014

Bought new 2013 Genesis 3.8 Track with 6speed manual with 46 miles on odometer. Got excellent deal because it was left over. Car performs great. Dealer services were excellent. Acceleration and performance are very good. Front seat comfort excellent. Back seat only good for children. At the price I paid excellent value. Hyundai definitely has stepped up since there previous models. Only down is gas milage which may be more a result of my heavy right foot than anything else.

A blast if it worked

by JoshR from Richmond VA | July 6, 2014

I'll get right to the point, I own 2 genesis coupes which i bought a week apart. a 2011 2.0T and a 2013 3.8. Both cars have manual transmissions and the R Spec trim. the 2.0 had 30k miles on it and it grinds into 5th gear which everyone apparently knows including hyundai. The 2013 had 30 miles on it, drove it for a day and started noticing a clunk from the rear end. This model is known for having loose bolts in the differential mounts and subframe. I cant recommend this car to anyone because of several known serious mechanical problems that i was unaware of until after i purchased. Everything else is fantastic but hyundai needs to get its mechanical issues under control and come up with a fix.

Great Car for the Price

by Coupe Owner from Tampa, FL | June 18, 2014

I bought the 2013 3.8 Track Model with the 8-speed transmission. I really only have one minor complaint about the car's drivetrain and that is the manual mode for shifting with this transmission can be a little slow to shift and doesn't let you downshift as quickly as I might like. In automatic mode, the shifts are smooth as silk. It has plenty of power, the steering feels great, the Brembo brakes are stellar and the features (Nav, Leather, Sunroof, Infinity Sound System, Cruise, Automatic Climate Control, 350 hp, 290 lb-ft of torque, adjustable suspension, Brembo Brakes power driver's seat, power windows, HomeLink, and the list goes on) offered are awesome for a car in this price range. Also, build quality is really good. The car feels very solid and well put together. Unlike other cars in this price range, the materials don't feel brittle and cheap. Also, if you are a visceral person, the sound that the 3.8 makes is magical when you put your foot down. I don't drive with kid gloves and still manage to get 21-24 MPG on average. I have not had any issues with reliability (currently at about 16,000 miles and a little over a year old). The only time it was in the shop other than normal scheduled maintenance was when I damaged the splash guard pulling too far over a parking curb with an extra long piece of rebar sticking up. It's comfortable to drive on both long and short trips, even with the sports seats (which I might add keep you nicely tucked in the seat even when turning hard). The only other complaint I have is that the roof is extremely short in the back seat. Do not expect any passenger over about 5' 6" or so to be able to comfortably sit in the back seat.

car has issues

by disappointed hyundai owner from | May 10, 2014

I bought a 2.0T premium in April of 2014. The car is sleek and sporty, fun to drive and comfortable. It handles well, has good acceleration for a turbo four cylinder, and holds the road nicely in the twisties. The interior is well laid out with a premium stereo and navigation that is easy to use. The suspension is stiff but acceptable. The issue I have is the car has a vibration at 70mph and above. It is coming from the drive line (propshaft) and is extremely annoying. I have had the car back to the dealer and although they admit they can feel it, they said they cannot repair it saying it is normal. I called Hyundai customer service and talked to them about it. They told me not to drive that fast. Hyundai knows about this problem, they have many complaints, yet they refuse to repair it or even acknowledge they have an issue with this car. I am now in the process of making them fix it or buy it back. I own two other Hyundai car and have been very happy with them, but this car has soured my belief that Hyundai cares about keeping happy customers. I feel Hyundai has lost a customer and will lose many more.

Elvira the Spec "R"

by Elvira from Knoxville, TN | May 1, 2014

This is my sons first car he bought brand new. It is an excellent car and will stay with a 370Z that is ten grand more. The car is purpose built and a pleasure to drive if you like sports cars. WE LIKE SPORTS CARS.

My best sport Car

by Full sport car from Fort Lauderdale, Fl | April 27, 2014

I've had various sports car, but this is the best, comfortable, fast, I feel the power of the engine and for a reasonable price

Fun to Drive Sports Car

by KeysCopRetired from Key Largo, Florida | March 28, 2014

I've owned my 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T for 1 year now. This is a fun to drive sports car that has great performance and turns heads with it's sleek & sporty styling. Average fuel economy I've experience is about 28 mph....31 on the highway, 25 in the city. While this is a great car, it's not perfect. My biggest complaint is the dangerously aggressive traction control. Right after I bought this car the traction control nearly got me in a crash. The TC is so aggressive that at the slightest hint of wheel spin...a little sand, loose pebbles, anything the traction control shuts down all power to the wheels for 2 seconds. So if you are in the middle of the road trying to accelerate into traffic, you may get run over. I now drive with the TC OFF. Five stars if not for the traction control issue.

2013 3.8L Track Model - Awesome Car for the Money

by Mike E from Cave Springs, AR | March 22, 2014

I now have a little over 6k miles on my Coupe. Sold my RSX Type-S (200 HP) because I wanted more power and this car's 348 HP sure fits the bill. Got the 6-speed manual and I LOVE driving this car! The handling and acceleration are excellent. Gearbox is not greatly refined, but it's far from bad too. Tiny back seat, but I rarely use it. It's nice to have though, which is why I didn't consider the Nissan Z. This is a whole lot of car for the money!

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track

by DJ from Central California | March 9, 2014

This is the most exciting vehicle I have ever owned. I have had Muscle Cars, Vettes, SUVs and more toys than a person should ever have, but none have brought me more joy than this car. I had the aluminum rims chromed and put a K&N system on and the MagnaFlow Pipes will be on next week. This car is a rocket ship. It handles like it was on rails and rides like a sports car should. Not soft but a little bit still and sure footed...all positive. I'm 55, so the high tech stuff is really cool to figure out. Stereo is really complicated. I would give it a 9.75 out of 10 so far. I have owned the car about a month. Best car for the $$ on the market today!!!