2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Fun to Drive Sports Car

by KeysCopRetired from Key Largo, Florida | March 28, 2014

I've owned my 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T for 1 year now. This is a fun to drive sports car that has great performance and turns heads with it's sleek & sporty styling. Average fuel economy I've experience is about 28 mph....31 on the highway, 25 in the city. While this is a great car, it's not perfect. My biggest complaint is the dangerously aggressive traction control. Right after I bought this car the traction control nearly got me in a crash. The TC is so aggressive that at the slightest hint of wheel spin...a little sand, loose pebbles, anything the traction control shuts down all power to the wheels for 2 seconds. So if you are in the middle of the road trying to accelerate into traffic, you may get run over. I now drive with the TC OFF. Five stars if not for the traction control issue.

2013 3.8L Track Model - Awesome Car for the Money

by Mike E from Cave Springs, AR | March 22, 2014

I now have a little over 6k miles on my Coupe. Sold my RSX Type-S (200 HP) because I wanted more power and this car's 348 HP sure fits the bill. Got the 6-speed manual and I LOVE driving this car! The handling and acceleration are excellent. Gearbox is not greatly refined, but it's far from bad too. Tiny back seat, but I rarely use it. It's nice to have though, which is why I didn't consider the Nissan Z. This is a whole lot of car for the money!

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track

by DJ from Central California | March 9, 2014

This is the most exciting vehicle I have ever owned. I have had Muscle Cars, Vettes, SUVs and more toys than a person should ever have, but none have brought me more joy than this car. I had the aluminum rims chromed and put a K&N system on and the MagnaFlow Pipes will be on next week. This car is a rocket ship. It handles like it was on rails and rides like a sports car should. Not soft but a little bit still and sure footed...all positive. I'm 55, so the high tech stuff is really cool to figure out. Stereo is really complicated. I would give it a 9.75 out of 10 so far. I have owned the car about a month. Best car for the $$ on the market today!!!

I love this car

by Followet from Southern CA | February 10, 2014

I have the 2010 base coupe it was a nice little car handled good -- good power. Then I got the spoiler. Now it handles great. The back end never lifts in a corner like it use to when driving fast in the mountains. It needed a bit more power the new tubos solved this problem. I purchased a after market chip. I am suppose to have 250 horsepower now. I know something works because my son got a ticket for 145 coming out of the mountains. He is no longer on my insurance. But you can feel it when you put the pedal to the medal now. Some times it is a little scarey to be able to acclerate going into a corner, but it tracks so sweet. Some day I am going to spin out in a corner. Wait I did that. Got to remember to take the trac control off when you are really hustling.

HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE REVIEW

by Genesist from Hamlet, NC | February 8, 2014

I have 3,000 miles on the car now, no problems so far, gas mpg could be better, but I knew this before buying.

The Worst Car I've Ever Owned

by colormegone60 from Miami, Florida | December 22, 2013

I recently got rid of my 2013 Genesis Coupe with the 3.8 liter V-6 and 8-speed automatic transmission. After having the car a month the engine kept revving up to between 3,000 and 4,000 rpm's and the transmission would kick hard into gear. The dealership where I brought the car said they detected no problem. Three times at the dealership and they found no problem? Gee's no doubt it's because they didn't want to have to replace the transmission, even under Hyundai's fanatastic warranty. Sold the car and I swear I'll never buy another Korean car again. The Genesis Coupe's look nice but mine was very unreliable. Heck even the latest Consumer Reports gave it the lowest rating on reliability. Guess that says it all.

30,000 and no issues

by Timmy Z from Phoenix | December 18, 2013

I have read a lot of reviews posted all over the internet on my 2013 Genesis Coupe Turbo. I am confused. I read about all these transmission issues and waste gate problems etc but I have experienced none of these issues. This car gets driven....a lot. (30,000 miles plus) Power is good for what it is (2.0 4 banger w/turbo) I did not expect it to be a rocket ship, just a little quicker than your everyday, run of the mill, coupe. That it is. Handles good, brakes well, and gets good gas mileage. The interior seems a little on the cheap side and the fake vents in the hood scream "Cheezie" but the overall look of the car is good. I paid a little over 24,000 for the car. By todays standards for what this car delivers and what it lacks is still a great value for the cash.

KDM power 2.0T

by kultureshok from Los Angeles | December 7, 2013

i see so many mixed reviews when it come to the genesis coupe. So owning this car i feel compelled to write a through review on this coupe. I have the 2.0 turbo and yes the car is a blast to drive for 25k. the power from the 4 banger is more than adequate if you're just using it to get around. i've already put 2600 miles so far with no issues so far. ive read tons of reviews on this car and notice people are complaning about the wastegate rattling, i'll make a follow up review is this does happen. handling is respectable hugs corners feels more stable at higher speeds, but steerig and road feel need to be improve, the 2015 models should address that. i know people who have had this car for 12 plus months with no issues at all. anyways the 2013 genny is a step in the right direction, its a very solid capable coupe.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.5 Grand Touring

by mrdan from Auburndale, Fl | December 3, 2013

The car has a serious problem with the a/c. After about 30 to 40 minutes the passenger side vents stop blowing cold air when a/c is turned on. I have had it back to the dealer 4 times to no avail. Started the Lemon Law process in Florida. Would not recommend this car!

Worst Car I ever owned

by Elroy from Ft. Lauderdale, FL | December 3, 2013

Care makes so much noise from the clutch, transmission, and shifter. The turbo does not even work half the time. ALL of these models have this problem, and Hyundai refuses to fix the problem. DONT BUY THIS CAR, YOU ARE WARNED. WORST CAR EVER.