2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

16 city / 24 hwy

Overall

Wife's Play Toy

by Not a Car Guy from Houston, Texas | February 20, 2015

I'm not a car person. I just wanted to make that point clear. My wife has been driving kid cars (Caravans, Ford Flex) since our girls were young. (Now 24 and 26) I wanted here to get something fun to drive, she wanted a manual transmission, I didn't want to spend a lot of money. We looked at the Subaru, Scion and Genesis versions of coupes, and the power of the Hyundai won us over. For the car enthusiast, I think the handling of the Subaru and Scion are an advantage. For the person that drives a few miles a day, but occasionally likes to punch it, I don't think you can beat having 348 hp under the hood. I love the car.