2012 Hyundai Genesis

Available in 4 styles:  2012 Hyundai Genesis 4dr RWD Sedan shown

Overall

Great Car!

by clum553946 from San Joaquin Valley, Ca | September 10, 2014

I bought a 2012 Genesis 4.6 a few months ago & have been very happy with it! I started looking at the Genesis a month before that & was trying to buy a 2012 3.8 from a northern Calif. Hyundai. I showed up on a Sunday & couldn't get waited on & when someone finally got around to helping me, they weren't that much help at all! The reason I was looking at a 3.8 was for gas mileage, but when I saw a 4.6 at a Sacramento Infiniti dealer & how it was equipped, I decided that I could lose a few mpg for the added power & luxury. After test driving it, i was hooked! The car is a joy to drive! On the way home it got 31.5 mpg on the freeway on a 200 mile trip! I thought it might have been a fluke or I had a great tailwind, but the car consistently gets over 30 on the highway. Town mileage is around 18! The 4.6 has a lot more grunt than the 3.8 as well & doesn't run out of breath at higher rpm's. Anyway, I drive it like I stole it everyday. It had 26K miles on it when I bought it & it's the first car I've ever purchased that gets more mpg than the epa rating & also one that I can't believe all of the tech features it has! I'm really glad that the first deal fell through!

2012 Genesis (V8) wonderful!

by Rick in Fort Myers from Fort Myers, FL | July 31, 2014

I've owned several Acura TLs and a Lexus, but became a Hyundai enthusiast several years ago when I retired - and the budget got tighter. Love our Sonata, but I didn't like the Tuscon Limited (ugh) I traded in for my 2012 Genesis 4.6. I like tech features, and finding a v6 Genesis with Tech Pkg in the pre-owned market is next to impossible. So I opted for a 2012 4.6, which was discontinued that model year. The 4.6 is loaded to the gills, so there is no need for "options." I was nervous about a v8, but I've been really pleased with the gas mileage (well above what the invoice said), and I run only regular gas! In the month I've had it (and driven plenty of miles), I've been more than pleased, and my expectations - even after lots of research - have been exceeded. Want a premium car at a very nice price? You won't go wrong with this one!

Hyundai Sales cars that loses their VALUE

by Linda silver from Houston, TX | May 16, 2014

I purchase my car in Nov 2012; I have 21,236 miles on my car. I owe 36,000 the value is $26,000. BAD

The best car I have ever owned to date

by Mr. Ruiz the average Guy. from Highland Park, California | March 4, 2014

This car is excellent in just about every way possible. The interior is very roomy the genesis sedan does not feel like a Typical Hyundai matter of fact it feels far more expensive then what it really is. The leather seats are soft to the touch as well as the door panels are wrapped with some plastic but also has plush soft touch leather on them. One big com ain't I do have is the length of the rear seat belts are very short and practically buried under the seat. So if you have kids that still require booster seats you will have a hard time every day putting the seat belts on over the booster seat with your child in it. The car is very quiet. Cargo space is very big. Battery is located in the trunk next to spare tire. Factory amp to the standard 7 speaker system is located on the rear fender right side so just incase you were wondering. The sou d system sounds great but lacks alot of bass for my years from the factory subwoofer. The speakers are about 38 watts rms for each tweeter and each speaker front and rear doors. The sub woofer is 25 watts rms via dual 2 ohm load and 50 watts peak so the speakers on the doors over power the subwoofer. Tech is pretty good for my non navigation unit. I have a Samsung galaxy note 3 and was able to pair my phone e with the genesis radio via bluetooth for hands free calling and for bluetooth audio as well. It has an auxiliary input with a 3.5 jack and has a usb thumb drive capability which I am currently using a 16 gb usb drive with mp3 format music. The car really does give me 17 miles to the gallon in the city and an average of 27 miles on the highway. So it's excellent on Gass for a 3.8L v6 that gives 333HP and 291TQ. Overall I am very happy with my purchase.

I LOVE THIS CAR!

by Brett from Middletownt, CT | February 21, 2014

I just bought a 2012 RSPEC Sedan. This car is FAST, SEXY, and has all the options I would ever want. This is my second Hyundai: my first was a 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 track: and this car is faster! I think it rides smooth and quiet, and has plenty of steering feel unlike many of the car reviewers who feel differently.. I've tinted the windows, put a trunk lid spoiler on it, window gaurds, sundroof visor, Genesis wing emblem on front and back and it looks HOT! I paid $31k and it had 18K miles on it and was like brand new. Try buying a BMW or Mercedes for that! Hyundai: you ROCK!

Hyundai Genesis sedan outstanding

by Mr. Sheps from Arizona | November 30, 2013

The 2012 Hyundai Genesis sedan is absolutely the best value for the money in any mid-size 4 dr sedan. Its performance is years ahead of Honda Accord V-6 (290HP), Toyota Camrys V-6 (270HP), and premium burning Nissan Maxima (290HP). The Hyundai has about 338 HP, not even close to the other competitors. This car has fit and finish, extremely quiet, and plenty of power on reg unleaded. You can buy a brand new Genesis, 2013, for 24,900.000. What a bargain. Plus the long warranty, it cant be beat.

Exquisit Machine

by Zipperwill from Denver, CO | November 10, 2013

The vehicle has a 3.8 GDI V-6 at 333 horsepower. When you need power it is there. I have the Premium package and the Tech package. Car is a dream to drive with a cruise control that adjusts itself and leather comfort beyond compare. Lights and wipers are automatic and never need tended, Can't say enough good things about this car,

WOW!

by Sal from North Carolina | October 25, 2013

As they say "you have to drive it to have an opinion". Many people have to have a status symbol so they can say I own a whatever. They don't know what their talking about. So drive one. I've had mine a year without any problems at all. The Nav system is the best I've experienced, the car is comfortable,rides smoothly and is tight. If you want to spend $15 grand more to have a status symbol go right ahead. I'll be going on vacation with that money.

Have owned 2 Genesis. 2009 & 2012

by cal from Greenville, S.C. | May 12, 2013

Bought the 2009 (V 6) model , put 47,000 miles in 3 years. A great car. Got my 2012 (V 6) a year and 3 months ago. Lots of nice improvements. Ride is smoother and the small increase in HP makes for better performance (31 mpg on highway and 25 mpg in town) Looking forward to the 2014 will buy the new Genesis assuming that all the new auto cruse etc. are included. Great Car !

good value for the money but far from perfect

by rwd car fan from fairview,tx | March 24, 2013

Have owned the car for 18 months now and only have about 3500 miles on it - retired, don't drive much. basically pretty good car - smooth running,plenty of power (3.8 L V6) , excellent braking,good roadholding and handling (but strange vague feeling power steering). Seats could be more luxurious, some interior plastic trim looks cheap and the wood trim is way too dark with my black interior. Rear sunshade,sunroof, folding mirrors, tilt&telescope steering worthwhile features- nav system awful and 18" tires too hardriding. Options should be separate,not packages. Basic car is a good deal- many options are not . As many owners and drivers have noted with this car the ride is too stiff and suspension has a nervous,twitchy feel that detracts from any pretension to luxury.