2013 Hyundai Genesis

Available in 2 styles:  2013 Hyundai Genesis 4dr RWD Sedan shown

Overall

Genesis v Lexus 350

by Tracy from Nashville | August 15, 2015

I have driven several Lexus models over the past 20 years and I believe they are A+ in all particulars. There is no doubt Lexus is a slightly better quality car than a Hyundai. However, if you consider the lower cost of the Genesis vs. the added benefits of the Lexus 350, it is a no brainer. The Hyundai is a much better value, all things considered. I love mine.

Good value, comfortable ride.

by codeblue from Atlanta, GA | August 2, 2015

2013 Genesis 3.8 L. 31,000 miles, CPO and extended warranty. No tech package. I traded in a 2008 Mercedes C300 and was looking for a reliable, comfortable car with a long warranty. The Genesis fits the bill. My initial observations are as follows. Interior fit and finish is good, but not by any means Lexus quality. Car fits 4 adults comfortably and rides smoothly. Big trunk, so a long road trip is possible for 4. Handling is overall average. Steering has little road feel and is not weighted like a German luxury car. Throttle tip-in is sudden and it's hard to take off from a stop smoothly. The 8 speed transmission is not particularly refined, especially as it hunts around for the right gear after a turn. The engine is loud and thrashy under hard acceleration. Fuel economy is about 14-16 in town - less than expected. I can't imagine how bad it is with the 5.0 RSpec. . Brakes are barely adequate. In sum, it's an older person's car. The stock sound system is average for a 2013 car. It does have a sub on the rear package shelf. The Bluetooth will not work completely with the latest phones, like and iPhone 6. It will receive calls but won't respond to voice commands. The good part is that it's a good value and has a transferable bumper to bumper warranty to 10 years,100,000 miles. No more worries about $8k transmission replacement like the Merc.

Great car until

by Tomfoc3 from Columbia MD | May 20, 2015

I now have 28K miles on the car. Everything was going very well. Suddenly the entertainment system went out. When I got home I set the parking brake and turn it off. It woul not start up. Now the whole electronic system was. The brake is also electronic and could not be overridden. This meant the tow company couldn't move the car. Two tow companies late finally it was towed to the dealer. All the tow truck drivers confirmed thelectronics were dead. But, when it was dropped off at the dealer it started. The service tech trouble sot the problem with a factory service tech. But, they found nothing. I was driving it today and had a short time the entertaianment system blinked. I'm apprehensive about the happening again. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Absolutely the best vehicle I have ever driven.

by jiminwisconsin from Winneconne, wi | October 8, 2014

I am 63 years old and have owned at least 20 cars in my life and this one is by far the best. Extremely quiet ride, tremendous acceleration and decent gas mileage, smooth ride and great interior. If I didn't know it I would never thought it was a Hyundai. My friends all agree it is a great car and as amazed as I am with it. Not a fan of the exterior design they attempt to make it look like a Mercedes and don't need to. Otherwise you will not go wrong if your looking for a luxury sedan.

Lovin my Genesis

by Dyno Don from Manassas,VA | September 9, 2014

I bought my 2013 Genesis 3.8 a month ago with 4000 miles. It has the premium and tech options and is black with black interior. I'm a car guy and couldn't be happier with this awesome ride. The 333 HP direct injected V6 provides more than adequate performance with very good gas mileage. The 8 speed tranny is a perfect match for this engine. The ride is smooth and solid and the cabin is super quiet even at highway speeds. It has all the bells and whistles and the stereo is awesome. Hyundai even went so far as to add covers under the car to reduce drag, making it more fuel efficient. If you're self confident enough that you don't need a Mercedes, BMW or Lexus to impress others, then this may be just the car for you. The only things I wish it had are a folding rear seat and a heated steering wheel. They've added these in the 2015 Genesis, but I really like the look of mine better.

Great Price Tag Without The Name Tag

by New Hyundai Driver from McAllen, Texas | August 18, 2014

I've had my Genesis for almost a year now and my wife and I are extremely impressed with how much we got for our money! We drive 500 mile round trips on a regular basis and it's very, very comfortable. It drives itself without any driver fatigue! Love the sound system! Lately however, as it does in south Texas, it gets extremely hot and it seems that the a/c system is not able to keep the cabin cool (grey exterior w/black interior). The dealer recommended window tint which I have already installed but it's still not adequate. It's in the dealer again for the same a/c problem. Hope they don't make the claim that there's nothing they can do....I don't take those excuses very well.

Best car I ever drove

by value savvy from Houston, TX | July 3, 2014

I bought Genesis last year and I just love it! It is beautiful and ride very smooth. The interior is roomy and the trunk is big enough. I like this car better than Lexus I drove before. I highly recommend it.

handsome beast

by cargal from Charlottesville VA | May 9, 2014

Both used 2013 Genesis with 7400 miles on it, great condition. Interior is very comfortable and elegant. Love all the gadgets once we learn how to use them. Has all the up to date bells and whistles. Quite new to us so we can't vouch for reliability but all independent repots are quite good. would recommend to anyone looking for a luxury car in same class as Lexus, Audi,Mercedes,BMW, but much less expensive.

Amazing value

by I-wanna-go-fast from Oakland, CA | April 21, 2014

Very reliable car, with great acceleration. The car drives like the lexus LS460, extremely smooth and comfortable and has great features. The interior is a little boring and does feel cheaper when compared to other luxury cars, but the drive and the price definitely make up for it.

Outstanding

by Happyowner from Phoenix | February 23, 2014

Where to begin? For the money, this is by far the best value of any car I can think of. Performance: I have the 3.8L and it performs incredibly well. Acceleration is effortless. Rear wheel drive rocks. Transmission is very smooth. I get 24-26 miles/gallon in mixed driving. I had a 4 cylinder car prior to this one with half the horse power and I would average 28. It's remarkable. Safety: this was the main reason I bought this car. It is built like a tank, top crash scores in all tests. Braking is very responsive and effective. The massive power available to be called upon at anytime with just a harder push of the gas pedal has already helped me avoid a couple of potential crashes. This is not a beefed up Sonata, this is in a class of its own. At 333, it has more HP than most SUVs. Comfort: acoustic glass, extremely quiet, once you put the music on you're completely isolated from outside noise. Seats are comfortable, wish the driver seat had an additional height setting. Do yourself a favor and buy some high end tires, the ones that come with it in the 6 cyl are a joke. I put 18" wheels and 245 Michelin Sport tires and it has made a huge difference in handling and comfort. The car also looks more masculine. Warranty: the other main reason I bought this car. Complete peace of mind, can you put a price on that? Looks: simply stunning. I got the Casablanca white. Paint quality is very high. Led brake lights are very classy. This car is better looking than most of the luxury sedans out there in my opinion. Install the Genesis badge in the back for a killer look. Could not be happier with the purchase. Find one that's just under 1 year old and you'll pay the same others pay for a new small and uninspiring vehicle with a dishwasher engine and 5 star crash scores against a flock of birds.