2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport

Starting MSRP

Overall

poor performance

by tim from Evergreen Co | March 12, 2015

The black trim on this car is impossible to clean. After taking to car wash and using a brush at home, it still looks dirty and car is only 6 months old. 4 cylinder gets poor mileage and has inadequate power for mountain driving. molding on drivers door wore thru in three months. I had it replaced and it is wearing out again. Chrome exhaust trim rusted and was replaced after three months. Sirus XM radio installed is a joke. 90% of songs on that station suck and good luck trying to cancel service if you sign up for more after the initial three months free. Poor service from the dealer I bought it from, now I drive an extra 10 miles to different dealer. Blue Link is totally worthless.

Best crossover for a smaller family

by Tristan from Baltimore, MD | February 21, 2015

Introduction: This was our 3rd Hyundai purchase and each model has impressed me more then the one before. When it came time for our 2nd Child I traded my 2010 Genesis Coupe for the Santa Fe Sport 2.4L Base model with AWD. I spent considerable amount of time researching various "crossover" type vehicles knowing my situation was changing and we really needed two cars capable of transporting our family of 4. My wife had a 2011 Sonata with the same engine as the base model Santa Fe. After almost 4 years and 90k miles it was the lowest maintenance and most efficient car I had ever seen. The reason I selected the Santa Fe sport was mostly because I was able to get the exact same engine in a crossover which also looks better then most of its competitors. Initial Impressions: After deciding on the Santa Fe Sport I found my local dealer had the exact car I wanted. A base model with AWD in black. Unlike some other manufacturers I was able to drive off the lot with a "base" model and only had to pay $1,750 extra for the AWD option. If you look at dealer inventories for these vehicles you'll see the AWD models move much faster then their FWD counterparts. I consider it to be completely worth the extra cost for 2 reasons: The performance difference in bad weather/ peace of mind and resale value. In 10 years if i decide to sell this vehicle I'm sure no one will care if it has heated seats as long as it has AWD and was well cared for. Status after 7 months and 7k miles: I have already changed the oil twice even though it may not be required by the manufacturer. Overall MPG has averaged from 20 (daily driving around town) to 25 on longer highway trips. Just like our Sonata there have been no issues, check engine lights and I have yet to see a recall notice in the mail. Side Story: The biggest and most understated advantage of this vehicle is its winter performance. I have a job where I'm forced to work long hours during the winter and always have to be able to get to work. In the morning when I left there was a winter storm warning and I knew I'd be at work much of the day. By the time I left in the late afternoon we already had half a foot of snow and the temperature was under 20 degrees (catastrophic by mid-atlantic standards!) The Santa Fe sport in AWD lock mode took the hilly and winding backroads like a champ! I passed numerous stuck vehicles on the trip home of approximately 20 miles. Even my coworker who left earlier with a 4wd/full size SUV told me how bad the roads were, particularly one hill on my way home which is a significant incline over 1/4 to 1/2 of a mile. About 3/4 of the way up the Toyota Highlander in front of me panicked and turned around. There was a 3 car accident at the top of the bend and he told me on the way down he'd take a different way. Just then horns blared behind me as a Cadillac crossover came up the hill, apparently concerned that if they slowed down or stopped that they might not make it the rest of the way. I dropped a gear and managed to get around the stuck cars at the top of the bend. My traction control/AWD system kicked in at one point as it strugged towards the top but kept me going straight and over the hill. The Cadillac behind me made it over as well but quickly fell behind my rear view as we continued down the road home (and I swear I'm not a fast driver!) Bottom Line: This vehicle is not in the same class as the Escape, Rav4 or CRV but costs about the same amount if options are selected wisely. A very stylish crossover with good color choices and options for those who expect more features. Excellent safety features and plenty of room for a family up to 4 people (plus a dog, who rides in the back). Reliability of the 2.4L engine is amazing. Gas mileage is not as good as a sedan but excellent by AWD/SUV standards. This vehicle is very enjoyable to drive and I recommend anyone in the market for a crossover to consider it as an option.

Am still smiling

by lizdec from Pittsburgh, PA | December 31, 2014

Great Crossover. Comfortable, great set of interior controls and features on this vehicle that were not even on my top end foreign crossover which I traded for the Hyundai. After 4 months in, I'm still loving it every time I'm behind the wheel. Love the BlueLink feature and the interior layout.

Love it, with one reservation

by jbprojects from Raleigh, NC | December 25, 2014

I really like my Santa Fe, with one incredibly frustrating reservation. It's comfortable, has nice performance, and looks good. The controls are well thought out. The one thing I hate is the "voice activated" features. I've gotten to the point of "just doing without," right up until I want to try again. In short, the capabilities to control my phone, whether as a phone or as a media player, falls WELL short of the less-than-$200 Pioneer after-market unit I had installed in my previous vehicle. Given the overall sophistication of the electronics in the vehicle, I find this not only frustrating but genuinely baffling. If hands-free operation of certain systems is important to you, try this out and ask questions before you buy.

You'll love the Santa Fe Sport!

by Tom Terrific from Wyoming | November 8, 2014

I've had my Santa Fe Sport for six months and about 3,600 miles now, so I've had time to get to know it pretty well. The verdict is.........I wouldn't trade it for any other crossover on the market. It's quiet, comfortable, easy and fun to drive, and I personally think it's the best looking vehicle on the road. My only criticism is that the gas mileage is a little less than what I'd hoped for--but everything else about the vehicle is perfect, so who cares.

Great Car

by Hyundai Sports Lady from Tennessee | October 20, 2014

I love my new car. It drives good in the city and on the road. Performance is great. I would recommend this car to everyone!

Took this rather than Lexus RX350 and Caddy SRX

by Former Cadillac Owner from Naples, FL | October 2, 2014

Tried out many vehicles but took this one. Great value for the money. Very easy to drive, good in tight spots, peppy engine and transmission, comfortable, loaded with everything except turbo - not needed. Love the sky roof, back-up camera, visibility. GPS is fussy, too much tech, spend too much time in manuals, wipers have too many settings and various controls are spread everywhere but once you get used to it, it's bearable - would probably buy another one. The 10 year warranty and price makes it a no brainer.

Awesome vehicle

by newcar78 from Houston, TX | September 15, 2014

This was our 1st Ron Carter Hyundai experience. We purchased a 2014 Santa Fe Sport from Jarred Howard. We bought a great car at a great price! Hassle Free! We vehicle we purchased was at another location but Jarred arranged to have it moved. We had a chance to test drive the vehicle and learn all of the features. We also had a opportunity to speak with Israel Salazar while Jarred assisted another customer. Both were very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. We will definitely refer our friends and co-workers!

Great Crossover

by Derby from Jefferson City, MO | August 27, 2014

We had a very experience with Corwin Hyundia, our salesman Jacob Warren answered all our questions. They were always there even later into the evening and had special considerations for the health challenges that my husband deals with. The price, attention to details, helpfulness and customer service were very good.

Love everything about this car!!

by Joelle from Orchard Park | August 12, 2014

This is my 2nd Santa Fe. I absolutely love it! It's roomy, fast and nice looking. I was so happy with these cars, I didn't even look at another car when I bought my 2nd Santa Fe.