2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

Available in 5 styles:  2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 4dr AWD shown

Overall

I'll drive it for ever if I can

by Kassman from Palm Springs, CA | August 11, 2012

I bought this car used with about 40K on it. I now have 227K and have virtually no problems, just routine maintenance. I love not having a car payment. I will keep my Santa Fe until she say "put me to sleep, I served you well". Once a year I take a long trip of 2,500 miles and never suffer from lack of room or comfort This is the most reliable car I have ever owned..

nice ride

by santa fe owner from michigan | April 3, 2012

I am very happy with my purchase. its smooth, handles snow and ice good. the sleek design is a plus,as is the sun roof.opens and raises! love it!

Pretty good!

by Stephanie from Minneapolis/St. Paul | January 23, 2012

I bought my Hyundai Santa Fe in March of 2009 with 89,000 miles on it for $7000ish including tax and title and had it until someone hit and ran it when it was parked until October 2011. Great in the snow, I had it in the worst winter in the last 20 years in Minnesota, and it never got stuck once. The gas mileage is fair, I'd fill it up once per week at about $45 per tank. The interior is nice, and the exterior is okay. I didn't like the little love handles on the front sides. The check engine light would go on periodically which was super annoying. Nothing was ever really wrong with it though when I took it in. Usually it came on if I excellerated too fast of if it was super hot that day. It also did this sputter thing at stop lights that was annoying, but my mechanic said it wasn't something to worry about. Before someone hit it and totaled it, I was planning on spending $400 on a tune up, which is to be expected with a car that age. Overall, it's a pretty good car for the money. Some annoyances, but really safe, and decent gas mileage. :)

A Well-Made Vehicle

by Hillian from Cedarville, OH | July 25, 2011

I recently sold my 2002 Santa Fe, but loved every one of my 132,000 miles. The only flaw was an air conditioner that refused to work after three complete replacements, an additional repair on the first one, and several thousand dollars. I could not subject my baby son to the July heat any more in it. The engine was flawless. No major repairs other than typical maintenance. It had zip to it, drove great, and was comfortable leather. A good car if the AC works!

260,000 miles and still going!

by P2 from Daniels, WV | February 28, 2011

I bought my 2002 Santa Fe in Feb. 2002. Review written 2/2011. I've got 260,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. I travel 140 miles round trip 5 days a week for work on the WV turnpike (serveral mountains and many curves). The AWD has gotten me thru many snow/ice storms. Other than routine maintenanace the only repairs have been (1) leak in the air conditioner system, covered by warranty and (2) broken belt & loose pulley. The tires last for 90, 000 miles on this baby. Will replace w/ another Santa Fe when this one dies.

Great Vehicle

by BDO from Indiana | February 2, 2011

Very safe and reliable vehicle. Great quality for money. Gets me where I need to go and has the look of a high-end SUV without the gas mileage.

125000 Miles Still Awesome

by Wally from Dayton, OH | September 13, 2010

Bought car with @ 20K miles. I have changed the oil and had 2 tires replaced thus far...are you kidding me??!! Car runs like the day I bought it. A simply amazingly well manufactured vehicle.

Great Car!!!

by ghill from Ripley, MS | January 22, 2010

I just bought this car 6 mths ago, with 150k miles, but it drives like brand new. No problems whatsoever. LOVE IT!

A Great Automobile

by Hyundai fan from Hilton Head Island | November 29, 2009

You can't go wrong with a Santa Fe. This baby has 130k miles and runs like new. With the triptronic transmission, i still have the original brakes. timing belts are expensive every 60k but its worth the investment vs getting a new vehicle. Highly reliable, excellent engineering. Decent mileage, smooth ride; 2.7 V6 excellent weight distribution.

160K and still chuggin'

by JaguarMoonStar from Long Island, NY | September 28, 2009

My 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS is an amazing vehicle, especially for the money. I've brought it on the beach for some four wheeling, I've pushed it over 110mph, it has over 160,000 miles on it, and it's still running quite well. It's really going to be emotional the day I have to give this car up...

Featured Services for this Hyundai Santa Fe