The Santa Fe competes with other midsize SUVs, including the Toyota Highlander and Subaru Tribeca. It can seat five or seven passengers. Trim levels include the base GLS, midlevel SE and top-of-the-line Limited.
New for 2009
The Santa Fe gets a new audio system and USB/iPod auxiliary inputs as standard equipment; there are some additions to equipment packages.
The Santa Fe is 184.1 inches long, 74.4 inches wide and 67.9 inches tall. Compared to its competitors, the Santa Fe is the shortest in overall length. Both its width and height fall in between those of the Highlander and Tribeca.
- 16-inch wheels on GLS; 18-inch wheels on SE and Limited
- Chrome accent grille and exterior door handles on Limited
- Roof-rack crossbars standard on SE and Limited
Seven seats are available on various trim levels. Total cargo volume is 78.2 cubic feet. The base GLS comes standard with a 120-watt AM/FM/XM Satellite Radio/CD/MP3 six-speaker audio system. Limited models upgrade to a 605-watt Infinity Logic 7 CD changer audio system with 10 speakers. The optional Touring Package on the SE adds a power driver's seat, HomeLink and third-row auxiliary climate control.
- Standard USB/iPod auxiliary inputs
- Available navigation system on Limited
- Third-row seat splits 50/50 and folds flat
- Optional DVD player for third row on Limited models
- Standard moonroof on Limited
- Standard leather seats and heated front seats in Limited
Under the Hood
Hyundai offers two V-6 engines in the Santa Fe: The 3.3-liter engine mates with a five-speed automatic transmission and the 2.7-liter comes with a standard five-speed manual or an optional four-speed automatic. The Trailer Prep Package, standard on the SE and Limited, adds a transmission cooler, upgraded radiator and fans, and trailer wiring.
- 185-horsepower, 2.7-liter V-6 with 183 pounds-feet of torque
- 242-hp, 3.3-liter V-6 with 226 pounds-feet of torque
- Front- or all-wheel drive available
- Can tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped
Standard features on all models include:
- Six airbags, including side curtain airbags for all three rows of seating
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Active front head restraints
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||September 12, 2008|
|Tom Strongman||KansasCity.com||February 20, 2009|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Hyundai Santa Fe
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.