2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

Starting MSRP

Overall

VERY HAPPY WITH OUR SANTA FE

by MARC from chaleston sc | July 23, 2014

we own a 2013 santa fe limited (6) seater. we have 8k on it now and we love it. drove it to gatlinburg TN last month and it did great in the mountins. we averaged 27.2 mpg for the trip (charleston sc to TN). love the captians chairs in the second row very comfortable. my wife actually rides in the back with the baby because she loves the second row of this car. my only wish with this car would be that it had more storage. the center console is too small and there are not enough cup holders. If this means anything to anyone, i work for honda! i'm a service advisor for them for the past 7 years and i picked the santa fe over the pilot. i actually paid $1200 more the the santa fe then i did the pilot because of my discount with honda. we could not be happier with our choice.

Tow hitches are available

by Happy GLS owner from Fort Wayne, IN | March 5, 2014

Boat and Trailer. I bought my Santa Fe GLS (V6) about 6 months ago. I agree the dealer and Hyundai are not very helpful about the hitch. However, if you look online, there are several retailers that sell hitches and the wiring harness. I purchased the Curt hitch and wiring harness. I installed it myself in about 1-2 hours. It is easier if you have someone to help hold it. The Santa Fe GLS is excellent in every way. Two minor complaints. The auto headlights don't come on soon enough in low light. You have to manually turn them on. The navigation/radio screen makes you click the Accept button each time you start the car. Winter mileage about 19-20. Hopefully in Summer it will go up a little.

Some Inexcuseable Compromises

by FrankG from Ancaster, Ontario. CANADA | February 25, 2014

I traded in my '06 Hyundai Tucson for this 2013 Fe and found there be some obvious short comings by comparison to this, Hyundai's flag-ship vehicle. 1) The front passenger seat doesn't fold all the way forward and neither does it reline back far enough to allow 8ft. long stock to be neatly contained and concealed within without having to extend out an opened rear tailgate. 2) the counsel storage cover extends too far which makes it difficult to easily retrieve items from narrow storage recess below it such as a pen or nail file. 3) Fuel economy ratings are far from realistic. I'm getting nowhere near what was promised from the 2.4ltr.engine. 4)Both left and right rear visibility is restricted by the narrow upward design configuration of the rear side windows. 5) Front window defrost seems to take forever to clear just a light covering of frost and almost an eternity of windshield ice. My 4-star rating herein is one of kindness attributed to the comfort and overall quality of the build, but, that's where it ends.

2013 Santa Fe GLS Towing Capacity

by Boat Trailer from Vero Beach, Florida | February 17, 2014

Don't buy this vehicle to pull anything other that very light weight tows. I bought this vehicle to replace a Dodge Durango for towing and better mileage. The salesman tried to get me to buy the Sport Turbo, saying the Turbo engine would give comparable towing capacity to the stated 5,000 pound capacity of the GLS. I told him I wouldn't tow my boat with a 4 cylinder engine in a 3,500 pound capacity vehicle. I wanted the Santa Fe GL which has stated 5,000 pound towing capacity, and has a V-6 engine. I was also told that the Santa Fe is prewired for the hitch. I drove home in the vehicle and have been very satisfied with the Santa Fe GL When I contacted the salesman in a day or two to discuss getting the hitch installed, he was not straightforward with me. He said he wanted me to speak with the service manager, but that conversation never took place. He kept trying to steer me to an aftermarket hitch installed elsewhere. I tried to research a hitch as an accessory on the Hyundai website but was not able to find a hitch for the Santa Fe GL I called Hyundai support and the young woman who took my call was very nice, but not even able to understand what I was asking about. She tried to read me something which had to do with the carrying capacity inside the vehicle. She read very well but told me nothing about the towing capacity of the Santa Fe GL. I finally called and spoke to the Service Manager at the dealership. He told me the only hitch he could find for the Hyunday Santa Fe was a Class II hitch (rated at 3,500 ponnds for the Sport. When he spoke to someone at Hyundai heaquarters he was told that a Class III hitch would be rated at 5,500 pounds and he could not install such a hitch on the GL because it would be over the rated capacity of the GL which is 5,000 pounds. They had no solution for how the GL could be equiped to tow the advertised 5,000 pounds capacity. I did some research on the internet and found a hitch made by Draw-Tite which is a Class III hitch and is rated at 5,000 pounds. I asked if he could install this hitch because the hitch specs match the vehicle specs, He said he woulld have to get back to me but he hasn't and I am not able to reach him. I won't have this hitch installed by other than the dealer because if there ever should be a problem I can see that Hyundai would never stand in back of the vehicle. My impression is that Hyundai fudged the truth on the 5,000 pound towing capacity of the GL. I believe that the company knowingly did this and tries to cover up the misstatement by mumbling and stumbling after the sale.

Loving it

by 4x4 rider from Toronto | January 31, 2014

I drove Toyota all my life and I was really scared from the change but Santa Fe changed my thought and it's super truck for families

From 2011 to 2013 *wow*

by Second Time Around from Cobourg, Ontario, Canada | December 1, 2013

We bought a new 3.5 Santa Fe Limited in 2011 I believe it was SUV of the year that year also. But this 2013 Sport 2.0T Limited is head and shoulders better than the 2011. Love the heated steering wheel, ability to change the steering feel ( comfort in summer, sport in winter for me) the seats are far better both bolstering and and feel, rear camera is much better and faster working, love the heated and ventilated front seats and heated rear seats, being in Canada, it helps. The panorama sunroof is gigantic, rear sunshades are different, and power sunshade is great. Bluetooth is better in this one, turn on the surround sound in the 10 speaker Infinity stereo and enjoy. The 2.0 L Turbo is actually quicker than the 3.5 V6 in the 2011. The steering wheel controls are better, the placement of seat heater buttons is better. This SUV is a giant step forward for Hyundai in my opinion. No comment on the gas mileage yet as there is only 560 kms on this one and it took until 3000 kms for the 3.5 to start getting decent mileage. I love this vehicle and would recommend to anyone. Looks, feels and rides like a much more expensive vehicle. Hope it is as reliable as the 2011 was for us. I expect it will. Also one of best warranties out there. I had a Cadillac CTS before switching to Hyundai, no comparison, Santa Fe is much better.

Love My Sport

by sad from Middletown, DE | November 22, 2013

I had a Santa Fe 2009 GLS and now I bought the Sport 2.0 Turbo. I love this car. I love the look, the interior, the stylish exterior and mostly the color (red). My only complaint is that sometimes and I don't really know why, it sounds like a train going over my car. I have the crossbars and not sure if it has to do with the wind hitting it at times but other than that I love it. I checked out the Jeep Wrangler which was too rich for my blood and the Ford Escape was too small. I did not like the looks of the new Ford Explorer. This met all of my needs.

Satisfied

by Satisfied from Alexandria, VA | November 18, 2013

I love this car! and so does my teenage son! We like the intuitive touch screen, the gas mileage (not quite as good as advertised but definitely better than our 2005 volvo xc 90) and all the features such as heated seats, all weather mats and capacity. We needed the third row of seats and happy to say, those who use them have been impressed as well. Shortly after we bought this car, it was hit in the partking lot and had to go for some body work. Driving a crossover made by a different manufacturer (Buick) helped me to realize how much I really appreciate Midknight (my Santa Fe) in terms of handling, integration of blue tooth with phone, etc. My teenager appreciates the head turning quotient and the ease of handling and the fact that his drumset fits.

Great features for the price!

by Milan from | November 10, 2013

I've always owned Hondas, Nissans, or Mercedes and I am very impressed with this vehicle. The exterior is classy and the interior has more quality features than most higher end cars.

2013 Santa Fe GLS V6 - car that fits

by Tall Guy from Northwest | November 7, 2013

The challenge was to replace the 2003 Pilot that, as a result of some 300 trips over mountain passes, rusted out. The new Pilot compromised their passenger seating - making the new one, a non starter. After driving many cars, a simple criteria: 1) fit 6' 6" persons - no sunroof, but with heated seats for friends. 2) AWD to avoid chains required in the pass, can go up a 1 mile/1000' vertical gravel driveway, and an still be an exceptional highway driver. 3) fits a bike in the back or other large people 5) Good value, mileage and reliable After owning a Santa Fe GLS V6 for about 2 weeks - I've put 2000 miles on it and I'm happy. It's hard finding heated seats in a car with no sunroof to get some headroom. The GLS has a long wheel base, flawless drivetrain for the highway and the AWD doesn't chop up the steep gravel driveway like my neighbors Merc GL. The back fits a road bike without removing the front tire. The passenger seat is on par with the drivers so if my spouse drives, I can sleep! I gave the performance 4 stars because it's not as quick in the turns as an older sports car like RDX - but that's not it's purpose.. The bonus is it looks good..