2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

36 city / 40 hwy

Overall

Mercedes, Volvo

by Fox_000 from Queens, NY | September 13, 2014

Adjustable mirrors, seats should be controlled by the buttons installed in the cabin, rather than manually. It is 21st Century - don't forget about it. Good luck!

Very nice economical car, better than Camry/Accord

by NS from Bergen, NJ | August 26, 2014

In my opinion, this is the Best car in comparison to Camry, Prius or Accord hybrid vehicles. This 2014 hybrid model is giving 46+ miles per gallon on highway while doing 65 miles per hour because my commute consists of mostly highway driving. For local city driving, it is giving 47+ miles per gallon. I have already driven more than 1000 miles; I still love this car. I was a Toyota's loyal customer and had four Toyota vehicles in last 10 years. I am glad, I did not buy Camry or Accord this time. Thanks to Hyundai Engineering team for this car!

A Super Car

by Berry Sonata from Carver, MA | August 9, 2014

The Sonata Hybrid is a super car. It is not a Corvette but it can be quick. However, it's shining point is its fuel economy. It best mileage is advertised in the low 40 mpg range. Out of the box our Hybrid started pulling numbers in the 46/47 mpg range around town. My practice is to immediately dump the factory oil replacing it with Mobil 1. With only 150 miles on the car was getting a solid 49/51 mpg around town. Yes, we do drive conservatively aiming for good mileage and I am sure that our results are not pro-typical, but the 50 mpg range for a new car is fantastic. We can not wait to take it on a trip. The car handles like a much bigger car (variable rate steering helps) with sure straight breaking. Exceptionally comfortable to drive. The only criticism would be the front passenger comfort. The seat is very low and non adjustable leaving the passenger to strain to see around them. Other than that it is a super car that is a joy to drive. Even though it is a bit pricy, we would highly recommend the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.

Needs work, I would not buy this car again.

by Objective1 from California | May 28, 2014

Great looking car, overall MPG has been 30-34max after 6 months. Numerous build quality issues including problems with the transmission shifting, and the EV mode routinely does not consistently kick in. Also very disappointed the backseat does not fold down at all. Also the navigation system is very inaccurate I end up using my phone for directions most of the time. Overall this is not a hybrid vehicle I would not buy again or recommend to anyone, unfortunately, the hyundai service departments are very difficult to work with and routinely would dismiss legitimate issues as "normal".

Loving my Sonata!

by MGWagner from Denver from Denver, Colorado | May 7, 2014

Well my grandson said-Meemaw dont you think that's kinda flashy? I love the car-the seats are a little stiff but still very nice-very roomy and with lumbar support and heated seats and many electric adjustments I have lots of options. MPG around town is 28 and on highway quickly gets to cruising in the 33. The power is smooth and more than adequate. The features are so numerous and the hands free does a multitude of things for max safety and convenience-things found in much more expensive cars. It even keeps track of hours on the road-cumulatively- I have 57 hours! Cant wait to take a road trip-but every day is a pleasure in this car!

Best car I ever owned

by Joshi from Quebe City, Qc, Canada | April 25, 2014

I have owned over 20 cars in my life and this is by far the best car I have ever owned. Confort, options style and L/100 km (MPG)I have been getting it is super. Just love it. My previous car was a 2008 Sonata and it was very good but there is no comparaison.

Simply superb!

by Family Driver from Herndon, VA | April 17, 2014

One of the best cars I've driven. Spacious cabins. Excellent mileage - ~40 (city+highway) - Stylish design - Panoramic sunroof.