2000 Hyundai Sonata

$662–$5,618

Overall

Most Reliable Car I've driven

by MorgiePorgie from Muskegon, MI | September 24, 2010

My Hyundai Sonata GLS is a very great car. It has over 211,000 miles on it, and I have no doubts in it. It is very low on the comfort level for me, but since this is my first car, I am only looking for it to get me from point A, to point B. Now, the engine is very impressive to me. It accelerates VERY fast. It gets great gas milage as well. Overall, I would highly reccomend this car, or better yet, this brand overall.

one of the best cars ive had!

by the car dude from peabody | April 11, 2010

I got my 2000 hyundai sonata gls in 2005. i had the car for three years got it with 120,000 miles. when i was done it had 230,000 miles never had a problem. the car has alot of power to. compared to the 2004 impala i had this car was amazing.the gas milege was great. the only down side is the radio is week. but in my opinon i give this car 9 out of 10.

Very reliable and economical car

by Walterk from Mamaroneck, NY | December 25, 2008

I bought my Sonata GLS in 2002 - 2 years old and 25,000 miles. It now has 63,000 miles and is going on 9 years old. Day in and day out, it starts and runs fine. I have done my part in maintaining and repairing when necessary - not very often has it needed repairs - usual stuff - brakes, wheel bearing, tune-up, etc. The Sonata has rewarded us with reliability, solid quiet ride and good fuel economy. I would buy another Hyundai.

Great Value!!

by Sam from CT | August 16, 2008

I purchased the car 7 years ago at 10k and it's now around 100K, the car has great performance, excellent gas millage and very comfortable. The Hyundai dealers are excellent and do many things for free under Goodwill warranty including the subframe issue mentioned below in one of the reviews, they also gave me a loaner car for free even that my original warranty expired.

lousy car

by hammer from ct | April 24, 2008

I purchased my 2000 hyundai used in 2001 .The car had 10000 miles on it . With a pretty good track record until 162000 miles when i discovered that the subframe had completely rotted out of the car , mind you the car is only 8 years old what a joke i would not recomend this car or a hyundai to anyone period . To think that you keep your car in excellent mechanical condition only to have the fram e rot right out from underneath you i think its time to go back to ford sorry hyundai

Great Car, Great Gas Milleage!!

by Todd from Center City, MN | July 9, 2007

My wife bought this car in Texas in 2003, before we met. It's been a great car, with only one trip to the dealer for the timing belt sensor (with the belt also), but that is considered normal maintenance. I've been impressed with the handling and I've been getting about 27mpg on the highway to and from work. We have 67,000 miles on it currently. I'd recommend this car to others.

Very reliable car, I only drive Hyundai now!

by Car lover from Boston, MA | April 15, 2007

Love this car, the Hyundai line of cars is a true leader. When I first drove the car I could tell that the power and smooth ride were above average. I have had Honda and Toyota, which are both great cars as well, but the cost value is far greater in this car!

Best Commuter I've ever owned!!!

by Cassie from Montata | November 30, 2006

I bought this car in late 2003 with 54k on it. I bought it primarily for driving to and from work and to visit family. I get amazing gas mileage, up to 33 MPG highway, I have never had a problem with this car. As long as you keep up on the maintnence, it runs beautifully!! I have had this car for 3 years, it has 132K on it and still runs great!!

Piece of junk

by jheoaustin from SuSugar Land, TX | August 4, 2006

My 2000 Sonata bought in 2002 second-hand at 11K mile made me visit dealership for repair more than 8 times. It gave me a stall on the road once, and had/has to be repaired twice each for spark plug/wire and transmission. It has only 64K mile now. This is a piece of junk. Stay away, and let others know about what puny Hyundai's quality means.