2004 Hyundai Sonata

Available in 4 styles:  2004 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Nice inexpensive car!

by BMW Owner from Fort Worth, TX | September 19, 2014

I was looking for a cheap car that I could use as part of my year-long commute (down to Dallas during the week, back home to Pittsburgh on the weekend) and I found this 2004 Sonata for less than $4K. 95K miles and it still runs great. It's a little dinged up on the outside but it stills looks pretty good (Like the styling on it). Everything mechanical works and works well. Good power and acceleration for freeway driving. Bad stuff - suspension not the best, gain on the power steering is pretty high and turning radius not great. Drab interior didn't hold up well with time but seat covers took care of that. All in all - a lot of value for the money and one month in, I'm very pleased. If I avoid the mechanic I'll be thrilled.

Best car I have ever owned

by Barb from Fredericksburg VA | August 19, 2014

I bought this 2004 Hyundai Sonata used in 2005 with about 25,000 miles. I purchased the extended warranty. Sorry I did because I never needed to have any warranty item repaired even now five years since the warranty expired. Changed the timing belt at about 70,000 miles but when I looked at the old belt there were no signs of wear. Have oil changes between 4,000 and 5,000 miles. Have replaced tires twice and had rear brakes replaced once. Recenlty I had my first tune up at 91,000 and rear struts. I have never gotten behind the wheel and this car did not start. Have never had a moments trouble. My only bone of contention is that the paint on 2 of the door handles have chipped. I would buy this car again in a heart beat.

2004 LX 2.7 Great Car

by Dann_cann from Bethel Island, CA | March 23, 2014

Bought new for cash well under MSRP; best value; 2004 Hyundai Sonata LX V6- 10 yrs old next November and currently with 194K miles and no loss of power (mobile 1 since 99K). Only warranty repair was the water pump at 58K. KYB gas struts at 100K. First break set lasted 100K. Gets a consistent 27 avg. mpg still. Profile handles stormy weather great! Every 60k timing belt, etc. regular maint. Not expensive. Odd that so many reviews' media want(ed) to leave Hyundai out?? Time for a paint job, all new hoses, and new tech radio head unit now. Shopping for a aftermarket front strut tower brace and CARB legal chip. Also own the 2005 Tucson same engine and 4x4 with over 100K on it too. Got my money's worth many times over. Want to see Hyundai get diesel SUV into this country & CA. for my next car.

Sonata Soulmate

by Soccer Mom from Hartford, CT | December 22, 2013

I bought my 2002 Sonata used with 65k miles in 2008. It now has 190,000k miles. Twice I was told it was on its way out, and twice I proved the mechanic wrong. It is a V6 which I highly recommend if you like to go from on ramp to cruising speed quickly. It's only had routine maintenance and has been used to teach two teens to drive. I would like cup holders in the back seat and a better sound system. Looking for another Hyundai.

Good Car

by Car Guy from | April 27, 2013

Great car, father bought it for me as my first one just to learn the car is amazing only problem is the dock its to old fashion for me other then that its an amazing car

Great car . No hassles . 0 maintenance required

by sana from colombus , ohio | January 1, 2013

I have the sonata V6 model and it rides awesome . I love hyundai now . its quite powerful . never gave me problems in snow and winters . Go for it .

Should have chosen another car

by dnyce from Memphis,TN | November 2, 2012

I purchased a Hyundai Sonata and i regret even stopping to take a glance at that car. At first, it seem like a really good deal. Three months after I purchased it, serious issues continued to surface.

FAST & COMFORTABLE & RELIABLE

by SONATA FAN from MONROETON, PA | August 4, 2012

I HAD A 2006 SONATA WHICH I LIKE THE MOST BUT THIS ONE I HAVE IS 2004 AND ALSO DRIVES JUST AS WELL AS THE 06' BUT IT'S V6 SO IT'S FASTER THEN IT!

awesome car on and off road

by Horse & Dog Girl from Denver | May 5, 2011

130,000 miles and going strong. No major or minor problems with my dogmobile. Fits 4 medium size dogs and 2 passengers comfortably! Yea right!

Except for the color

by Bernie from Tampa, FL | December 28, 2010

This week we traded in this Sonata for another one- only reason: my wife was never crazy about the color of the first one and thought it was time for a change. The car was great- never had ANY problems or repairs: routine maintainence only. Gas mileage was great, quiet ride (we did replace the tires with a touring grade, softening the ride a bit). City and long distance highway driving. Only complaint: there was always a slight pull on the steering to the right that could not be corrected by realignments, balancing, etc. Returned it to the dealer a couple of times but was told that it was "the nature of the beast".

Featured Services for this Hyundai Sonata