2007 Hyundai Sonata

Available in 6 styles:  2007 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Happy 7 year owner

by Sonata Owner from Yorktown VA | December 28, 2013

I bought this car in the summer of 2006 with less than 50 miles on it and sold it recently (November 2013) with about 57,000 miles (Yes, I know that's about half of what I should have on it.) In my time driving it there a bunch of things I loved and hated about the car: Pros: Very spacious; as a college student at the time I was able to pack my entire life into that car and then some. Huge trunk and plenty of legroom front and back. There's a reason this midsize car is comparable to large sedans in this aspect. Handling and Speed were above average allowing me to merge on to highways with relative ease the steering was tuned well. I felt i knew exactly what the car was doing at all times. Not to mention the turning radius was one of the best i've seen in any car. It's no sports car by any means but its no slouch either and given the type of car it is i'd say it had ample horsepower. Quiet and smooth ride. I absolutely loved the ride in my Sonata it was so quiet I made the mistake of thinking it was off when I had it parked for a while and tried to start it again a few times. It keeps road noise out extremely well and the ride is very smooth on even some of the worst paved roads. Some small stuff like the speakers sounding absolutely wonderful; though they didn't always go as high as I wanted but they had all the notes in all the right places. Cons: Not the most reliable car. At the end of my 7th year I started noticing problems: AC went out, ECS light would occasionally come on, the paint started to peel off the front of the vehicle, Windshield washer fluid pump stopped working, and the CD player stopped reading CDs (though I never really used that much.) Interior design was abysmal. This may be subjective but whoever they had designing the interior with gray on gray with green lighting should be shot. Luckily I had the "carbon fiber" look rather than the wood grain otherwise I think it would have looked significantly worse. Lacked some features that other cars had at the time like bluetooth, autodimming mirrors, or even an auxiliary input for audio. Overall: I liked the car a lot it was comfortable, roomy, had good horsepower and handling, and got me from A to B without many problems until the very end. The problem however is the very end where things started to fall apart. It's because of that I rated it 3 stars. Other than that it was a great car aside from some personal aesthetic opinions and I would recommend it.

Good but too much gas usage

by cAR ENTHUSIAST from | October 6, 2013

It is a good car. It has a good amount of room and it works just fine. However, it uses a lot of gas.

best buy in life (side my wife leah)

by mlyb from spring valley ny | October 3, 2013

these guy the best stars around from anywhere honest courteous unreal absolutely worth a drive from anywhere

I love this place!!!!!

by camille wisdom from Houston, TX | August 22, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this place!!! Everyone made it possible for me to drive off in my vehicle. EPIC auto sales will help everyone, even with credit challenges. DANIEL DIERINGER, is an EXCELLENT SALES REP. AND MR. DAMIAN IS AN EXCELLENT MANAGER.

a Nightmare

by Distraught and disapointed from | April 12, 2013

To all of you out there saying how its the best car you have ever owned and your favorite car, i feel embarrased for you. That was once me too. about a month ago. This past month has been a living nightmare. In the process of researching my options as what to do about my failing engine, I have learned there is a bulletin out on the vehicle. Google websites that you can check current recalls and bulletins on and keep track. Right now the engine 2.4 liter 4 sp auto. is incredibly unreliable and defected as it seizes as soon as the warranty is up, with no warning, indicator lights, over heating, nothing. If a filter is used other than a Hyundai filter, the oil will be sucked up and the car will knock and the engine destroyed. PLEASE, if you had had any problems file a formal online complaint with The U.S. Dept of transportation. And with Hyundai. If I were you I'd be sure to trade it in before it reaches the warranty date otherwise.

Most Reliable Car I have ever owned!

by Steve5920 from Cincinnati, OH | April 4, 2013

I bought my 2007 GLS Sonata 6 years ago with 6 miles on it. It currently has 132,000 miles. Fluid changes, air filters, spark plugs, brakes and on S belt. All your normal maintenance. It has started everytime and has performed very well. I am about to sell the car and if you were going to buy a 2007 GLS Sonata ( hopefully with less miles than mine ) you are making a great decision.

Greatful

by shanelle from marysville wa | December 12, 2012

I was so pleased with the service that I received from the moment that I got there from opening doors to making sure I had the right car payment that was right for my budget very friendly helpful thank you Diana for all the hard work u did for me and my family

Frustrated

by Jade from Albuquerque NM | October 12, 2012

I enjoy my Sonata, I have owned it for about 3 years. I just keep running into minor irritations that are beginning to become bothersome. The windows, for example, keep breaking. Actually, the cord attached to the motor that pulls the windows up and down is snapping. I have had to replace two of them already. Also, the visor hinges crack which causes the visor to hang down as though its limp and lifeless...not much for blocking the sun at this point. These seem so minor, but the cost to repair is insane. I would recommend the Sonata to a friend with a couple warning labels attached.

all 4 of them

by hyundaiman from Pittsburgh | September 2, 2012

We currently have 4 Hyundais in the driveway. 2 Sonatas, 1 Elantra, 1 Santa Fe. Ergonomically excellent. Can go from 1 to the other and KNOW where the controls are. EXCELLENT fit & finish. Interior well thought out. Customer-centric. Cannot say 1 thing bad about any of the years and any of the models.

Best overall car I have ever owned& The sportiest

by gofast from Pasco, Washington | July 16, 2012

This is my wifes car and she loves it except for two things.She has a bad back and it is a sporty low ground hugging type vehicle.So it is hard for her to get in and out.The only other thing is that even though the seat is lumbar adjustable it just gets to be painful after about twenty minutes driving to work.The gas mileage is great for a six cylinder.The car is peppy to drive,in that it accelerates quickly and has a smooth ride.It has an excellent sound system,and handles like a dream in good or inclement weather.If not for her back,we would probably have purchased another Sonata.Never had any mechanical problems in 55,000 miles.

Featured Services for this Hyundai Sonata