2008 Hyundai Sonata

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Unreliable Inferior Car

by Kenya from Lake Wales, Florida | September 20, 2014

I have had two Hyundai’s, a 2006 and a 2008. To my surprise, I have read several forums where consumers like myself have complained of problems of their Hyundai’s from both of these years up to the current model. I thought the engine and electrical problems were exclusive to my first car being a 2006 Hyundai Sonata, however, I am experiencing the same problems in my 2008 Hyundai Sonata. Either the sensors light up and nothing is wrong with the car or there is a car problem and they don’t light up. In both cars, the connecting rods malfunctioned. Catastrophic failure of the connecting rods, they are defective in these cars. Very disappointing. Hyundai will not own up to the inferior product they are putting into their engines. I will never purchase another Hyundai and I warn others not to do so also. Consumers will be gravely disappointed.

new engine at 100,000

by shocked from midwest | January 22, 2014

bought it used. was reliable until 100k miles when needed new engine! wasn't covered under warranty. would consider certified next time

Good Buy Great Car

by Debps from Connecticut | January 12, 2013

I bought this car in a hurry because my 2008 Honda Civic was totaled. Compared to my Honda this car is awesome. Drives great in the snow! Runs smooth and Quite. Comfortable front & back seats. Heated front seats Only downside so far is it is not very good on gas but I have only had it about a month so not real sure avg but so far about 20 mpg

Value for your money

by Round Lake Jim from Round Lake, IL | May 13, 2012

I posted the review back on July 2010 on my 2008 Hyundai Sonata Limited wth V6. The is just a follow up. I have driven about 20000 miles since my last review. No mechanical failure on the Sonata so far. I just follow factory maintenance schedule. The driver's side low beam head light replaced recently at 49K. No warranty service needed as of yet. Just regular wear and tear stuffs. I am very happy with the vehicle so far. The Sonata V6 3.3 liters I owned has a timing chain (the older 2.7 V6 still has a belt). I don't expect it to replace for 1st 200K miles. The 4 cyclinders 2.4 Sonata came with a belt which needs to be replace about every 60K. The cost of replacement at a dealer typical runs you about $500 a shot. EPA 21city /28 Hwy. I get around 22-23 mpg combine driving with 26 mpg on hwy. I never hit 28 mpg hwy as I tend to drive a bit faster (70mph+) than 55 mph limit.

Hyundai Sonata

by BrittC from Lexington, KY | December 12, 2011

I enjoy my Sonata, I wanted a newer car but since this was in my price range, I took it based off durability and that it has been. I have treated this car very good and it's done the same in return. The designing didnt seem to be thought out at all, the outside is very bland and the inside is even worse, not very appealing at all. but that seems to be something thats changed in the newer models so hats off to Hyundai!!

Not the least impressed

by antbee22 from Egg Harbor Township NJ | October 6, 2011

I have purchased 2 cars brand new first the elantra 03 I had many electrical problems for the first 15,000 miles. Yes they tried nicely to service the car and I. I bought a 2008 Sonata brand new and still owe over $10,000.00 and have 2 times so far in about 3 years breakdowns. First was a sensor and now today a fuel pump and they could care less if I have tranasportation.... Go figure spend more and get less, then Hyuandai is the car for you!!!!

best car 4ever

by jack from plano | May 28, 2011

very comfortable car for teenagers this hyundai will beat any toyotacars this is the fast car for the good ride

Good choice

by MK from Boise, ID | April 26, 2011

I was looking for a car that would last for years, was roomy inside yet still a little sporty. My V6 Sonata with sun roof and spoiler is perfect! It is roomy and comfortable (even for my man who would not ride in my other car). There is not alot of road noice and handles great-turns on a dime! Gas mileage is not what I hoped (averages 25 MPG) but I love the power.

2008 Hyundai Sonata LTD V6

by ChrisMartin1701 from Ballston Spa, NY | February 1, 2011

i love this car! powerful, comfortable, looks awesome, plus my friends think i spent $70,000 for this car :D it was a perfect replacement for my old 2001 Sonata. i use it as my fire response vehicle for the local volunteer fire department. i get a lot of comments about this car, most of them are positive. its not everyday you see a luxury sedan with emergency lights ;) overall, this car is the best i have ever owned so far. i wouldnt trade it for anything, except for maybe a classic muscle car or a large pickup.

Value for your money.

by Round Lake Jim from Round Lake, IL | July 29, 2010

I bought this 08 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 used. It has enough pick up speed since it has a V6. The handling is more on par to my dad's Camry(soft). It has more features standard compare to Camry for the same year. But I noticed Hyundai try to save money on certain area of car. For example, the limited I have has leather interior standard. I noticed Hyundai used cloth on the front seats near center console. It is not visible from outside unless you touch it while sitting. The gas door lid is made out of plastic instead of metal. The price difference(savings) has to come from somewhere. They are all minor. It is still a good car to own. I am happy so far.

Featured Services for this Hyundai Sonata