2009 Hyundai Sonata

Available in 7 styles:  2009 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

HYUNDAI SONADA

by ELIER from WEST CHESTER PA | July 3, 2014

Recommend to anyone that wants a great car at a great price. other dealers couldn't get me approved and they did!!! the staff and costumer service was great! very well recommended!!!

Buying My First Car

by New Car Owner from Sharon, CT | May 16, 2014

I had drove a hand-me-down Jeep for a long time and when it recently broke down I knew it was time to buy my first car. I went to Brass City Hyundai in Waterbury, CT and was instantly hooked on this car. It gave me the space I needed with the luxuries of driving a car. I also got a lot of help, advice, and feedback from a great sales consultant, Tony. Unlike other sales consultants at car dealerships, Tony was more interested in being honest with me than selling me a car. I am so glad I listened to him! I have had my Sonata for about a week now and I love everything about it. The ride is smooth, the interior and exterior are sharp, and now that it is warm I can roll the windows down and jam! I am very thrilled that this is the first car I have in my own name. I am sure I will buy more Hyundais in the future and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a car.

superior car

by Morty C from Miami, Fl | January 8, 2014

I cannot say enough positive about the car as it is still just like new. I drove a Volvo before this and the Sonata is a superior car never mind the value for dollar you get! I appreciate the great dealer service too

Hyundai Yes but not from Modesto dealership

by warrantycovered from Modesto, California | November 21, 2013

I paid almost $500 for a repair and then called a bay area Hyundai dealer and quickly found out that what I paid for has 150,000 mile 100% warranty as a special emissions part within my low emissions vehicle. Modesto dealer failing to provide that information was bad enough but then to get the Modesto dealership to refund my funds, after I got the facts from the other dealership... what a hassle. They wanted to mail me a check, and as of this writing the reversal of charges on my credit card has not been made.

5 Hyundai's and countin

by Happy Hyundai Owner from Maryland | July 9, 2013

Purchased a 2009 Sonota new and have been enjoying it ever since. This is the fifth Hyundai our family has owned and we can say without a doubt; we've never had any trouble out of any of them. This Sonota has lived up to an expectation that we have come to expect and Hyundai has proven that again. Looking foward to number 6 in the near future

Good Value for the Price

by Hyundai buyer from Baton Rouge, LA | December 31, 2012

Looking for a good but inexpensive car to replace a totaled vehicle. This car has the safety features I was looking for and low mileage. Good car.

A lot of features for the price

by Sonata fan from Boston, MA | December 7, 2012

This is a nice riding car, not sporty though more of a smooth, quiet ride. The paint is really nice, a lot of metallic sparkle and shiny. The V6 motor is very smooth, hardly know its idling. I think the interior is upscale, mine has leather seats and wood-like trim a nice stereo and power everything. The negatives are numb handling on the highway, auto trans sometimes isnt sure what gear it wants to be in and the seats could be more supportive. Overall thought, this is a lot of car for the money. It's not perfect, but does many things well.

Just what I was looking for.

by Picky Consumer from Plano, Texas | August 18, 2012

Bought this Sonata for my teenagers. Was looking for a reliable car that tested out maximum safety on both types of crash tests (this one beats Accord and Camry) and was affordable. Although seats are not as comfortable as Hondas and Toyotas we have owned, the visibility and responsiveness of the car makes it a much easier car for the teens to drive than our 09 Camry or 08 Sienna. I love getting a turn in the Sonata every now and then. It is actually fun to drive. Definitely the best choice we could have made. Highly recommended.

Great Mid priced car

by Docjon43 from Birmingham, AL | February 1, 2012

We have the 5-Speed Manual. The only porblem we have had, and other experience this too, is the low gear shifting. The clutch/transmission is finicky and you just have to get used to it. One thing I learned is that the shift point are really lower (slower) than I'm used to with my Accord. I litterally shift into 2nd before completely releasing the clutch from starting in third. Beyond this, this is a lovely car. It's more comfortable than an Accord (I'm BIG person.) Roomy and soft ride. The engine is peppy, give you a fast start when you need it. One thing I love is that this car has a timing CHAIN, not belt. I bought it with 60k miles on it and took it to my mechanic expecting to have to replace the timing belt and was delighted to learn that no such thing existed in this car. Bottom line is, I would buy another Sonata in a minute!

i love this car

by jah from ny ny | January 3, 2012

I like this car due to alot of things. the gas mileage is good. i love everything about the car. the interior and the exterior. When searching for my car this is the one I laid my eyes upon and have no regrets. I bought it with 91,000 miles on it and it is working just fine.....