2009 Hyundai Sonata

Available in 7 styles:  2009 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

this Sonata

by luxury car man from Great Falls, Montana | April 9, 2015

I just recently purchased this 2009 Hyunai Sonata with 88,000 miles on it. It seems to be dependable. What I really don't like is that the suspension is hard and uncomfortable. I had a mechanic check it out, and he said the suspension is as it should be by manufacturer's specs. The seats are very nice leather, but they are way too firm. The automatic transmission shifts into second gear sometimes with a bad lurch, or a sloppy shift at best. Handling in a cross-wind on the highway is terrible! My last car was a 1990 and it handled great in crosswinds. Yes, it has a whole lot of miles on it, but I expected a better car for the money. I do like all the creature comforts and options. When it is started for the first time on any day, the engine makes a lot of noise. This quiets down after driving it about a mile. Let's just say I'm good at maintaining my cars, but I sure hope it don't turn out to be a money-pit. I'll try to enjoy the car until it gives me even more reason not to. I drove it over 200 miles before giving this review.

Awesome car.

by Suzi Q from Helendale, Ca. | October 12, 2014

I have had my 2009 Sonata for 6 years and 45000 trouble free miles. I drove on a 7000 mile road trip through mountains, hot deserts, potholes and cities. I got 34 mpg. I never got a back ache or muscle cramps. I took my 89 year aunt on a California coast run and she was thrilled at her comfort level through long hours on the road. The only flaw that occurs to me would be that it has average get up and go from 0 to 60 mph, but this is a little quibble. It has a nice sound system, quality interior, beautiful silver pearl paint and all standard features. What a value! I highly recommend this vehicle. Very reliable!

HYUNDAI SONADA

by ELIER from WEST CHESTER PA | July 3, 2014

Recommend to anyone that wants a great car at a great price. other dealers couldn't get me approved and they did!!! the staff and costumer service was great! very well recommended!!!

Buying My First Car

by New Car Owner from Sharon, CT | May 16, 2014

I had drove a hand-me-down Jeep for a long time and when it recently broke down I knew it was time to buy my first car. I went to Brass City Hyundai in Waterbury, CT and was instantly hooked on this car. It gave me the space I needed with the luxuries of driving a car. I also got a lot of help, advice, and feedback from a great sales consultant, Tony. Unlike other sales consultants at car dealerships, Tony was more interested in being honest with me than selling me a car. I am so glad I listened to him! I have had my Sonata for about a week now and I love everything about it. The ride is smooth, the interior and exterior are sharp, and now that it is warm I can roll the windows down and jam! I am very thrilled that this is the first car I have in my own name. I am sure I will buy more Hyundais in the future and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a car.

superior car

by Morty C from Miami, Fl | January 8, 2014

I cannot say enough positive about the car as it is still just like new. I drove a Volvo before this and the Sonata is a superior car never mind the value for dollar you get! I appreciate the great dealer service too

Hyundai Yes but not from Modesto dealership

by warrantycovered from Modesto, California | November 21, 2013

I paid almost $500 for a repair and then called a bay area Hyundai dealer and quickly found out that what I paid for has 150,000 mile 100% warranty as a special emissions part within my low emissions vehicle. Modesto dealer failing to provide that information was bad enough but then to get the Modesto dealership to refund my funds, after I got the facts from the other dealership... what a hassle. They wanted to mail me a check, and as of this writing the reversal of charges on my credit card has not been made.

5 Hyundai's and countin

by Happy Hyundai Owner from Maryland | July 9, 2013

Purchased a 2009 Sonota new and have been enjoying it ever since. This is the fifth Hyundai our family has owned and we can say without a doubt; we've never had any trouble out of any of them. This Sonota has lived up to an expectation that we have come to expect and Hyundai has proven that again. Looking foward to number 6 in the near future

Good Value for the Price

by Hyundai buyer from Baton Rouge, LA | December 31, 2012

Looking for a good but inexpensive car to replace a totaled vehicle. This car has the safety features I was looking for and low mileage. Good car.

A lot of features for the price

by Sonata fan from Boston, MA | December 7, 2012

This is a nice riding car, not sporty though more of a smooth, quiet ride. The paint is really nice, a lot of metallic sparkle and shiny. The V6 motor is very smooth, hardly know its idling. I think the interior is upscale, mine has leather seats and wood-like trim a nice stereo and power everything. The negatives are numb handling on the highway, auto trans sometimes isnt sure what gear it wants to be in and the seats could be more supportive. Overall thought, this is a lot of car for the money. It's not perfect, but does many things well.

Just what I was looking for.

by Picky Consumer from Plano, Texas | August 18, 2012

Bought this Sonata for my teenagers. Was looking for a reliable car that tested out maximum safety on both types of crash tests (this one beats Accord and Camry) and was affordable. Although seats are not as comfortable as Hondas and Toyotas we have owned, the visibility and responsiveness of the car makes it a much easier car for the teens to drive than our 09 Camry or 08 Sienna. I love getting a turn in the Sonata every now and then. It is actually fun to drive. Definitely the best choice we could have made. Highly recommended.