2011 Hyundai Sonata

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Awesome Car

by Bizzy from Sanford, FL | March 31, 2014

I test drove several cars before settling on the Sonata. Since it was a new model, I decided to lease it, just in case it turned out to be a dud. It's an amazing car for the price. I did not suffer from any of the commonly reported problems. The only maintenance I needed on this car was routine oil changes and air filters. The only issues I experienced were paint chips on the hood and impact scratches on the grill from road debris. I like this car so much, I turned it in for a 2014 Sonata, and I'm paying less!

Sonata is very disappointing!!

by RX-7enthusiast from Daphne, AL | March 14, 2014

I leased my 2011 Sonata GLS brand new in March 2011, it had 7 miles on it. At 3500 miles a noise in the front of the car started and the dealer replaced the right front suspension, noise got worse! It took almost 3 months to get dealership to contact Hyundai engineer to find out what to do. Turns out it was an issue with the frame of the car. At 20000 miles the a/c stopped blowing and the dealership had to replace it. The driver window works when it wants to and dealership can not duplicate. The TPMS warning light comes on randomly driving down the interstate and dealership says this is normal, not a chance this is normal. At 50000 mikes my driver door lock went and and my cruise control turns itself off, that is if you can even get it to set and dealership says can not duplicate. The wind house is horrible and the car pulls to the left constantly. Getting ready to trade this thing in for a new Accord! I have owned Hyundai's before this one and had no problems. My car also likes to blow fuses for no reason!!

Outstanding Vehicle !!!

by RWisejr from LI NY | March 5, 2014

I purchased this 2011 used Sonata for a very great price. I always liked the styling so I had a high interest when my daily driver crapped out. So purchased the car and have been pleased with the ride ,handling and comfort of this vehicle. But the one thing I really feel in love with is the gas mileage . It is outstanding. I recommend this car to anyone in the market for a quality mid sized sedan.

Never again

by Never again from Virginia beach, VA | November 23, 2013

Bought 2011 Sonata turbo when it first came out. I cannot take a long trip with this vehicle. It literally breaks down every time I go on a long trip. Multiple recalls, break downs, and just plain unreliablabilty for a nice looking car. That's the disappointing part of owning this car, it looks good but not reliable. Stay far away....2 turbo issues, car start button not working(multiple recalls), dead battery, car pulling to left, bad stereo, rims very soft scratch real easy, paint peeling.

Love the Sonota so far

by carlover from CT | November 22, 2013

I love this model, it looks sleek, drives smooth and very quiet. Roomy interior and trunk. Good gas mileage- not as good as they advertise though.

Love My Sonata!

by Sonata Fan from Phillipsburg, NY | November 12, 2013

I love the Hyundai Sonatas. I just purchased my second one from cars.com. Originally I found the standard 2011 GLS at cars.com 3 min away from my home. I wanted the Limited but couldn't find one. A year later found the exact year, color, and trim I wanted before but for an awsome unbeatable price. 2011 Venetian Red, Limited with GPS. I love these cars. Very cute and stylish (most important), they run great, best warranty in the industry, and excellent on gas. I drove from New Jersey to Columbus, Ohio over the summer on one tank of gas. To me, its the best looking and most reasonably priced car of it's class compared to Nissan, Honda, and Toyota. Purchasing Certified Pre-Owned is always the best way to go because you get the new car look, feel, and standards without the new car price. It's a win/win with this one!

Great customer service

by Chris from | October 29, 2013

My used car salesman was Jim Rabbitt. He was very professional in the car buying process. Very nice to us and really cared. We were so happy with our car. We will recommend him to everyone we know. Thanks again Jim Rabbitt !!!!!!! You give superior Hyundai a great name!!!!

Great Value, Design & Performance

by Economic Advocate from RI | October 15, 2013

Got what I was looking for. Stylistic car with reliability, high performance and good with this economy.

Excellent value, not much of a city car

by CoreySt from Fort Smith, AR | September 19, 2013

I have owned this car for a while, bought it at 51,000 miles. I bought this car because I liked the hype and there was an incredible amount of value compared to the Camry, Accord and Fusion. The interior is very sharp and I receive compliments all the time on the exterior. The stereo will surprise you and is pleasing to look at. The materials are quite pleasing as well and you really feel like you got a lot for your money. However, it's not exactly reliable and not exactly built for the city commute, if you live in town that is. If you are a highway/interstate commuter, I would highly recommend this car, but for the city dwellers, I would recommend stepping down to the Accent or Elantra. The sonata has a surprisingly rough ride and has serious alignment issues. I have received 3 recalls on this issue alone. In conclusion, if you are a highway star, commuting into the city, or between towns, I would definitely consider the Sonata. It is very sharp, roomy and classy. Otherwise, step down to the Accent or Elantra.

Best car ever!

by Best bang for your buck from Manitoba, Canada | August 18, 2013

I have had the 2.0 T limited since October 2010. I now have 66k kilometers on it. The only two issues i have had with it were: 1. The struts and strut mounts up front went prematurely and the dealer put in new ones no questions ask and no charge. 2. My parking brake light would not go out for about 4 months. Dealer put in new parking brake assembly, problem was still there. They then put in a whole new dashboard, this did not solve it. Their engineers could not solve this issue. Then by fluke one of their techs found a broken harness in the engine bay during an oil change and put in a new electrical harness and the problem was fixed. Again no charge for any of this. Excellent dealer service level! I get 46 miles per gallon (canadian) highway mileage and about 27 in the city. Not bad for a family sedan that is faster than the fusion and camry. The only V6 that can beat this car in its segment is the Altima.....man those things are quick! Anyhow, i would highly recommend this car. Very quiet and the fit and finish make it a class leader. I will be buying the 2015 Sonata when the new generation is released next fall!