2011 Hyundai Sonata

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Available in 6 styles:  2011 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

There is no free lunch ...

by Unhappy Sonata Owner from Ontario | April 23, 2014

My wife and I bought this car in 2011 because we believed it offered fair value for the money. There is, however, no free lunch ... the reason Huyndai is able to sell these cars at a price point lower than their competitors is because they spec lower grade parts throughout. The brakes went early and were expensive to replace. The repair shop joked that Hyundai is specing brakes the way printer companies spec ink; they give you just enough coating on the calipers and rotors to get you out the driveway. Parking brake wore out. I've driven cars for 300,000 km and the parking brakes never wore out! Front skirt is fragile, as are the clips holding it in place. Normal bumps against a curb result in either broken clips, or cracked skirt. Both our current Mazda and past Toyota were far more robust. Two skirts have had to be replaced in 2 years on the Sonata ... none in 30 years of driving other cars. It''s cheap material designed to look good and save costs. It simply doesn't stand up ... Rust after 24 months around windscreen and on rear trunk. No other car we've owned has been so susceptible to the normal dings of highway driveway. The autobody shop just shrugs and says, "yup, Hyundais rust." Inadequate paint coating ... it doesn't stand up. Horn in on warranty 4 times. Broken promise dealer to store winter tires for life of the car. Mileage is good but nowhere near so good as advertised. Just too much hassle; no good will from corporate; and a sleazy feeling dealer. We're ditching it now before the real roosters come home to roost. Shame, because they're nice looking and feeling cars.

Awesome Car

by Bizzy from Sanford, FL | March 31, 2014

I test drove several cars before settling on the Sonata. Since it was a new model, I decided to lease it, just in case it turned out to be a dud. It's an amazing car for the price. I did not suffer from any of the commonly reported problems. The only maintenance I needed on this car was routine oil changes and air filters. The only issues I experienced were paint chips on the hood and impact scratches on the grill from road debris. I like this car so much, I turned it in for a 2014 Sonata, and I'm paying less!

Sonata is very disappointing!!

by RX-7enthusiast from Daphne, AL | March 14, 2014

I leased my 2011 Sonata GLS brand new in March 2011, it had 7 miles on it. At 3500 miles a noise in the front of the car started and the dealer replaced the right front suspension, noise got worse! It took almost 3 months to get dealership to contact Hyundai engineer to find out what to do. Turns out it was an issue with the frame of the car. At 20000 miles the a/c stopped blowing and the dealership had to replace it. The driver window works when it wants to and dealership can not duplicate. The TPMS warning light comes on randomly driving down the interstate and dealership says this is normal, not a chance this is normal. At 50000 mikes my driver door lock went and and my cruise control turns itself off, that is if you can even get it to set and dealership says can not duplicate. The wind house is horrible and the car pulls to the left constantly. Getting ready to trade this thing in for a new Accord! I have owned Hyundai's before this one and had no problems. My car also likes to blow fuses for no reason!!

Outstanding Vehicle !!!

by RWisejr from LI NY | March 5, 2014

I purchased this 2011 used Sonata for a very great price. I always liked the styling so I had a high interest when my daily driver crapped out. So purchased the car and have been pleased with the ride ,handling and comfort of this vehicle. But the one thing I really feel in love with is the gas mileage . It is outstanding. I recommend this car to anyone in the market for a quality mid sized sedan.

Never again

by Never again from Virginia beach, VA | November 23, 2013

Bought 2011 Sonata turbo when it first came out. I cannot take a long trip with this vehicle. It literally breaks down every time I go on a long trip. Multiple recalls, break downs, and just plain unreliablabilty for a nice looking car. That's the disappointing part of owning this car, it looks good but not reliable. Stay far away....2 turbo issues, car start button not working(multiple recalls), dead battery, car pulling to left, bad stereo, rims very soft scratch real easy, paint peeling.

Love the Sonota so far

by carlover from CT | November 22, 2013

I love this model, it looks sleek, drives smooth and very quiet. Roomy interior and trunk. Good gas mileage- not as good as they advertise though.

Love My Sonata!

by Sonata Fan from Phillipsburg, NY | November 12, 2013

I love the Hyundai Sonatas. I just purchased my second one from cars.com. Originally I found the standard 2011 GLS at cars.com 3 min away from my home. I wanted the Limited but couldn't find one. A year later found the exact year, color, and trim I wanted before but for an awsome unbeatable price. 2011 Venetian Red, Limited with GPS. I love these cars. Very cute and stylish (most important), they run great, best warranty in the industry, and excellent on gas. I drove from New Jersey to Columbus, Ohio over the summer on one tank of gas. To me, its the best looking and most reasonably priced car of it's class compared to Nissan, Honda, and Toyota. Purchasing Certified Pre-Owned is always the best way to go because you get the new car look, feel, and standards without the new car price. It's a win/win with this one!

Great customer service

by Chris from | October 29, 2013

My used car salesman was Jim Rabbitt. He was very professional in the car buying process. Very nice to us and really cared. We were so happy with our car. We will recommend him to everyone we know. Thanks again Jim Rabbitt !!!!!!! You give superior Hyundai a great name!!!!

Great Value, Design & Performance

by Economic Advocate from RI | October 15, 2013

Got what I was looking for. Stylistic car with reliability, high performance and good with this economy.

Excellent value, not much of a city car

by CoreySt from Fort Smith, AR | September 19, 2013

I have owned this car for a while, bought it at 51,000 miles. I bought this car because I liked the hype and there was an incredible amount of value compared to the Camry, Accord and Fusion. The interior is very sharp and I receive compliments all the time on the exterior. The stereo will surprise you and is pleasing to look at. The materials are quite pleasing as well and you really feel like you got a lot for your money. However, it's not exactly reliable and not exactly built for the city commute, if you live in town that is. If you are a highway/interstate commuter, I would highly recommend this car, but for the city dwellers, I would recommend stepping down to the Accent or Elantra. The sonata has a surprisingly rough ride and has serious alignment issues. I have received 3 recalls on this issue alone. In conclusion, if you are a highway star, commuting into the city, or between towns, I would definitely consider the Sonata. It is very sharp, roomy and classy. Otherwise, step down to the Accent or Elantra.