2013 Hyundai Sonata

Available in 6 styles:  2013 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Fell Head over Heels

by Antgineer from Knoxville, TN | July 3, 2015

I've had a the same car since high school and it was time to get something of my own. I was looking for an efficient yet fun to drive car and boy did I find exactly what I wanted. What got me hooked from the get go was the styling love the slick smooth angles. The first test drive starting her up you feel like it's a normal average sedan until you tap that throttle. Of the cars I've test drove and been in this car has the best hidden secret. the steering is extremely responsive which is great for the mountainous area. Interior looked a little cheap but more durable and attractive than most of it's class. Only thing that is hard to get used to which all the positive features overbear it is the rear window visibility. Very small and hard to tell how much room left when backing out. All around great car, Highly recommend for anyone looking for efficiency and fun.

hyundai is back

by duke from rochester ny | June 9, 2015

so i just scored a major steal on my sonata gls - 2013 with only 5400 miles on it. i've had it for over a month right now. this is our 2nd hyundai, with a 12 year gap since the last one. hyundai has really pushed itself in the last decade WHAT I LIKE: *i'm getting avg 25-27mpg in mixed driving, which is 80mph on the hwy and then around town 5-6 days/wk. if you use cruise on the hwy, mileage sometimes goes up. it'll definitely go DOWN when the A/C is on - so pay attention to that!! The acceleration is very good for a 4cyl midsize sedan. This car has more hp than the other competitors in the class. It drives like a hybrid and accelerates like a V6. The electronic assisted steering is so easy to turn at low speeds - really nice feedback. I went 418 mi in mixed driving before i had to fill up. *The ability to play music seamlessly from my phone or the usb stick is really nice. Simple controls for audio are on the steering wheel. Can use manual shifting if you want. Good amount of space inside. *nice gauge colors and displays with redundant gear selector in display. *great safety ratings, especially with side and curtain side airbags *real hood struts - keeps the hood opened - you don't need a support bar holding the hood up. WHAT I DON'T LIKE *the driver's display is nicely automated and shows when doors are opened but has a stupid separate yellow icon showing the trunk is open. pretty annoying. why not incorporate that into the standard display? Also, there are green icons in the driver's display showing the lights on and the 'ECO' mode. while you can lower the lights on the display itself, these green icons stay the same!! just plain dumb to have those green icons glaring at you while you drive at night. give the ability to lower the intensity!! *while the stereo has good separation, the bass leaves a lot to be desired. *the driver's seat could use a bit more bolstering but is somewhat easy to adjust for height and length. *not enough compartments for storage *no power outlets for the rear seat *no a/c vents for the rear seat **even after all of that, i would have said the car is slightly below excellent but way better than good so i went with excellent.

pros and cons

by yes from | December 29, 2014

Hey I have owned this car for over a year now and put twenty eight thousand km on it and so far so good. I don't like the service they try to take more money from you witch is wrong for buying a new car. I have noticed the re sale value on this brand sucks but for paying for a new car for twenty two grand is a good deal peace of mind for 5 years as long as you keep up on your maintains they require you to do. over all its a sharp looking car.

Worst vehicle I ever owned

by LGRock from Dearborn Michgan | September 15, 2014

Sonata's Boxy ride and poor resale value along with less that pleasant service staff (they even laugh at my request for rmedy of situation) made it worse car I ever owned ..WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN

Horrible Seat Comfort

by Unsatisfied Customer from Orlando Florida | August 9, 2014

I bought a 2014 Sonata, and the Drivers seat is so uncomfortable that its horrible to seat on. I rather remove it and use a milk crate to seat on, I called the dealer and they tell to buy a seat Cushing?? they where very fast to sell the car to me as the best thing in the world, but when you have a complaint they don't want to hear it or do anything about it, disgraceful actions. so now I have a new car that I hate to drive, thanks Hyundai!!!

2013 Sonata Excellent car !

by Tony from Wallingford Ct | June 6, 2014

Bought a 2013 Sonata and am well pleased. Great features including XM. Good sound system ! I find the car to be very stylish, gives an excellent ride and on the highway am getting about 36-34mpg...around town about 25-27. Lots of interior room and the seats are very comfortable.

First Hyundai, no regrets

by Turbo56 from Bowie MD | May 30, 2014

Got a fully loaded Limited 2.0 with premium package almost a year ago, first Hyundai. Looks great, drives great, the electronics (nav, infiniti stereo) all are great. Gas mileage a little sketchy. I drive 75-100 minutes each way 5 days a week in heavy traffic and get around 22-23mpg. On weekends, maybe 24mpg. Took 1 long trip and got 28-29 which is not bad. You can play with the Turbo all you want on the highway without hurting mileage but zipping around town too aggressively dampens the mileage quite a bit. I did not buy the car for high mpg and so I just enjoy it. No QC issues in the first 11 months but only time will tell if it is as good as a Toyota in the long haul. Features include: Automatic dual-zone climate control, heated front/rear power leather seats, rear heat/air vents, heated side mirrors, panoramic sunroof, bluetooth streaming, HD touch screen navigation, satellite radio, homelink, bluelink, 9 speaker Infinity stereo w/ powered sub-woofer, LED mirror mounted turn signals, fog lights, paddle shifters and 18 inch wheels, proximity key-less entry with push button (remote start thru Blue Link app on my phone or tablet) start, and automatic headlamps all work flawlessly. This is a GREAT car!

Love this car

by Goffer milage from Eugene Oregon | May 25, 2014

I have had my Hyundai sonata for a year (1,2000)+ miles and never in a fill-up to fill-up got less then 30 mpg and most of the time 32 mpg. I drive 35 miles a day to work one way so it gives me a good idea of how it will perform in the future so I can calculate my cost. Can't say enough good about this car Yahoo.

Couldn't keep it out of the shop

by Dede from Texas | May 3, 2014

I bought my first Hyundai in 2012 and settled on a 2012 Sonata 2.0 Turbo. The car drives and handles well, especially on wet roads but the seats are terribly uncomfortable and there was excessive road noise. During the 2 years I owned the car, I had to have the engine, the radio and the TPMS (twice) replaced. The service people almost never got it fixed right in one visit and even after they replaced the radio, the Bluetooth frequently lost the connection to my phone. I'd NEVER buy another Hyundai.

Rough Rider

by Al from Hampton, GA | April 16, 2014

We've owned our 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS for approx. 4 months now and we like it over all. The main complaint we have with it is the fact it rides a lot rougher than any of the Mitsubishi Galants we've owned in the past before we purchased this Sonata. The Sonata has a lot of road noise much like the Galants but it's a lot rougher riding. I've been searching for a way to soften the ride but I'm having a hard time finding any aftermarket springs and shock assemblies that are not high performance systems for lowing a vehicle.