The Hyundai Sonata is a midsize sedan that competes with the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and Ford Fusion in the crowded family-car segment. The front-wheel-drive five-seat Sonata comes with a naturally aspirated or turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
(Skip to details on the: Sonata Turbo)
New for 2014
Exterior changes include a new grille and newly available xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights and LED taillights. A variable steering effort system that lets the driver choose between Comfort, Normal or Sport modes is standard while the SE 2.0T trim level gets a sport-tuned exhaust system. A blind spot warning system is available.
Inside, new available features include a ventilated driver's seat, carbon fiber trim and a color trip computer between the gauges. Horsepower and torque ratings for the standard 2.4-liter engine are lower this year to comply with EPA standards.
- 16-inch alloy wheels; available 17- or 18-inch alloy wheels
- Heated side mirrors
- Available dual exhaust tips
- Available power sunroof or panoramic sunroof
- Available xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Available fog lights
- Available LED taillights
- Cloth upholstery; cloth/leather or leather available
- Available heated front and rear seats
- Available ventilated driver's seat
- 60/40-split folding backseat with center armrest
- Air conditioning; dual-zone automatic climate control available
- Cruise control
- Bluetooth connectivity
- CD stereo with USB port and MP3 jack; available touch-screen stereo
- Available leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Available color trip computer
- Available push-button start
- Available touch-screen navigation system
Under the Hood
- 190-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine (192 hp for SE)
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Front-wheel drive
- Stiffer rear suspension for SE
- Six standard airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Electronic stability system with traction control
- Antilock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution and brake assist
- Available backup camera
- Available blind spot warning system
The Sonata Turbo has a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that makes a V-6-like 274 hp and 269 pounds-feet of torque. Available in SE or Limited trim, the Sonata Turbo uses a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Shift paddles on steering wheel
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Dual exhaust tips
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 Hyundai Sonata.