2015 Hyundai Sonata

2015 Hyundai Sonata
Available in 6 styles:  shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Sonata engineering and manufacturing high point

by Rick Forrest from Bettendorf, Iowa | January 22, 2016

Looking at car reviews on Consumer Reports, Motor Trend, USA Today, and US News & World Report in the heavily populated 'mid-sized car' category lead me to discover the Sonata. It's a great car that has excellent interior appointments, easily connects to iPhone, good acceleration, and an improving reliability history. Hyundai has aggressively pursued increased market share with their best selling vehicle, the Sonata. Looking at the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Subaru Legacy, Mazda 6, Nissan Altima, Chevrolet Malibu, and Ford Fusion, I concluded in agreement with US News...the 2015 Sonata is the best Mid-sized Car for the Money. I purchased the 2015 Sonata SE w/ Popular Equipment Package. The warranty and included 5 year road-side assistance sealed the deal.

Poor design for oil change

by Masoud from 44221 | January 7, 2016

You have to remove 14 bolts to remove a splash guard under the car to access the drain plug and filter when you want to change the oil. It took me 1-1/2 to change the oil that normally would take me 20 minutes. Hyuandai ignored my suggestion to add trap doors under the drain plug and filter for easy access. I would have purchased a Camry for the same price had I known this fact.

I actually get a thrill outof driving again

by love my hyundai from New York | December 7, 2015

when I bought my sonata in November it was the best car buying experience I have ever had. My salesman was polite, courteous and very interested in my concerns. I will definitely send my friends and family to him. He answered all my questions and didn't pressure me in any way.

Major dissapointment

by First time buyer from North West Florida | November 29, 2015

I traded my 2013 Ford Fusion for this auto because I thought I was getting a better auto. What a mistake! I bought a fully loaded Limited edition. The interior seems to be roomy. On a long trip the seats become so uncomfortable. The electronics are so user unfriendly. As the user you are stuck with way Hyundai wants everything setup. The GPS map was so out of date by years. Now they offered a special to update the map at a cost of $149 w/ a $70 discount. CRAZY! The power is OK. Handling on the road is good. There are lots of good things but for me the bad things make this purchase a big mistake for me. Never again. After buying this auto every time I turn around the dealer or Hyundai wants more cash for some more trinket of some sort always sending ads even though I keep unsubscribing. Hyundai Blue Link is a joke, more money for nothing.

Lives-up to all the Hype advertised !

by Next to the Oldest Full-time Realtor in California from Leona Valley, Ca. | October 25, 2015

Four Stars given on comfort, not because of comfort, but due to rides on rough roads, noise is there, comfort is there ! I do live on a dirt road, but of course !

Work Commute - Limited Version

by Guillo from DC Metro | October 6, 2015

I drive 30 minutes everyday to work. Roughly a 60 miles commute (round trip). I am averaging 35mpg mostly highway and have gotten up to 39mpg. Fuel economy wise, this car is excellent. The interior design, specifically the dash, is average. The materials are great. Ride quality is better than average. I am very surprised by the quality of this car and how much I paid for it. I believe that there is no better car for the money at this price range. If you get a good deal on it, do not look anywhere else. A comparably equipped Honda or Toyota would have cost me $6,000 - $7,000 more.

All Around Top Value !!

by Eye for a great value! from Waterbury, Ct. | September 2, 2015

Thank you Tony Bandishie at Watertown Hyundai for your wonderful assistance in selling us our new Hyundai Sonata Sport. Buying a new car, can be stressful, and you made the time fun! We love the vehicle. This is our 4th family Hyundai throughout the years and we would not purchase any other! The ride is smooth and solid, extremely attractive in appearance, interior sporty and current. You can't beat the warranty--No other company compares! Dick and Cindy--Waterbury, Ct.

Love this car

by Shasha21663 from Indianapolis, Indiana | August 3, 2015

I bought my Hyundai Sonata 2015 in April and I honestly can say there is not one thing that I dislike like about this car. I have owned SUV's, sports cars and luxury cars, and this one is at the top of my list. I traded in a 2015 Nissan Versa and as small as that car was, it did not come close to ride, mpg and class of this car. I drive 22 miles to work every day and average 38-42 mpg in this car. I am so excited to be taking this on a cross country trip to California in a month and see how it does on the open road. I love it and cannot say enough good things about it. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car this size to test drive Hyundai. I also need not listen to anyone criticize me anymore for buying a car not built in the USA. this car is built in Montgomery, Al.

A rental drive won me over.

by Second Time Buyer from OHIO | July 27, 2015

My previous car was a 2009 Sonata Limited. I bought it because it was a good value; reliable, had the great Hyundai warranty, and at the time it had a lot of features that the competition did not have. I also recognized when I bought it that it wasn't a particularly exciting car to drive. So, despite 103,000 reliable miles, when the time came to look for a replacement, the Sonata was not on my list. I had driven a Mazda 6, an Accord (I had previously owned 3), and a Legacy (still own a 2003 wagon) - all terrific cars. But when I rented a car to drive to the North Carolina Outer Banks for a vacation, the rental company gave me a 2015 Sonata SE. It only took me about 5 miles to realize that this was an entirely different car from my 2009. It handled much more tightly, was tomb-quiet, seats were amazingly comfortable, highway ride was terrific, interior design/fit were exemplary, controls were where they should be - everything just "fit" and "made sense." So, after putting 1200 miles on the rental, I knew the 2015 Sonata needed to be on my list. No, it was not as sporty to drive as either the Mazda 6 (which I loved) or the Accord, and it didn't have the AWD of the Legacy (really tempting here in Ohio). But where the 2009 Sonata won over just my head, the 2015 won over my heart as well. When the car is in the "Sport" drive mode setting, I get 90% of the handling buzz of the Mazda 6, whereas the 6's taut ride gives me only 60% of the Sonata's ride quality. It is a terrific road car with a very large trunk, and my wife and I were not "beaten up" after a long day of driving. Overall, the, Sonata was clearly the best car for us. And when the price we got from Hyundai was markedly better than on the other models, the deal was sealed. We are now happily driving a white 2.4 Limited (power is just fine, by the way - I drove the turbo and it is fun but overkill for us), averaging right at 30+ mpg in mixed driving, and we have every technological and safety feature (except AWD) we could want. The panoramic sunroof is awesome, and the gray leather interior is tasteful and easy to live with. Hyundai has taken some heat for making the 2015's exterior more conservative than the outgoing model. While looks are always subjective, I think the 2015 Sonata looks much more refined than the 2014 model and will age much better. If you are looking for a midsize sedan, there are a lot of good choices out there, so shop around. But don't overlook this car. It may not exactly fit your needs, but it surely fits ours. I am nearly 66, and this will be our "retirement trip" car for the next number of years. We are very happy with our purchase!

Really Like This Car So Far

by John from Ohio | July 10, 2015

Have only had it for a few days and 222 miles on the odometer but do have a few early comments. Bought the Sport 2.0T white with black leather interior and few options. The build quality and attention to details is very good. The dash layout is simple and straight forward. Controls are easy to use when driving, good safety factor! Both front and rear seats are well padded and should be comfortable on long trips. Lots of leg room front and back. Although the 2.0T will probably never win a drag race with a Honda Accord V-6, It seems to have plenty of punch on the interstate and should have plenty of passing power on two lane highways which is what matters! If your looking for great fuel economy buy a Mazda 6 but if you like that extra power when you need it, you'll like this the car! I'm in my late 60's and was lucky to own a new 1968 GTO 350HP muscle car. Maybe that's why I gravitated toward this car. The only negative is the low profile 18" tires. If you use the recommended 34 psi of air pressure, the ride and handling is very pleasant and responsive. So far, I think Hyundai has built a very good car for the money along with a great warranty.