2015 Hyundai Sonata

2015 Hyundai Sonata
Available in 6 styles:  2015 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

A rental drive won me over.

by Second Time Buyer from OHIO | July 27, 2015

My previous car was a 2009 Sonata Limited. I bought it because it was a good value; reliable, had the great Hyundai warranty, and at the time it had a lot of features that the competition did not have. I also recognized when I bought it that it wasn't a particularly exciting car to drive. So, despite 103,000 reliable miles, when the time came to look for a replacement, the Sonata was not on my list. I had driven a Mazda 6, an Accord (I had previously owned 3), and a Legacy (still own a 2003 wagon) - all terrific cars. But when I rented a car to drive to the North Carolina Outer Banks for a vacation, the rental company gave me a 2015 Sonata SE. It only took me about 5 miles to realize that this was an entirely different car from my 2009. It handled much more tightly, was tomb-quiet, seats were amazingly comfortable, highway ride was terrific, interior design/fit were exemplary, controls were where they should be - everything just "fit" and "made sense." So, after putting 1200 miles on the rental, I knew the 2015 Sonata needed to be on my list. No, it was not as sporty to drive as either the Mazda 6 (which I loved) or the Accord, and it didn't have the AWD of the Legacy (really tempting here in Ohio). But where the 2009 Sonata won over just my head, the 2015 won over my heart as well. When the car is in the "Sport" drive mode setting, I get 90% of the handling buzz of the Mazda 6, whereas the 6's taut ride gives me only 60% of the Sonata's ride quality. It is a terrific road car with a very large trunk, and my wife and I were not "beaten up" after a long day of driving. Overall, the, Sonata was clearly the best car for us. And when the price we got from Hyundai was markedly better than on the other models, the deal was sealed. We are now happily driving a white 2.4 Limited (power is just fine, by the way - I drove the turbo and it is fun but overkill for us), averaging right at 30+ mpg in mixed driving, and we have every technological and safety feature (except AWD) we could want. The panoramic sunroof is awesome, and the gray leather interior is tasteful and easy to live with. Hyundai has taken some heat for making the 2015's exterior more conservative than the outgoing model. While looks are always subjective, I think the 2015 Sonata looks much more refined than the 2014 model and will age much better. If you are looking for a midsize sedan, there are a lot of good choices out there, so shop around. But don't overlook this car. It may not exactly fit your needs, but it surely fits ours. I am nearly 66, and this will be our "retirement trip" car for the next number of years. We are very happy with our purchase!

Really Like This Car So Far

by John from Ohio | July 10, 2015

Have only had it for a few days and 222 miles on the odometer but do have a few early comments. Bought the Sport 2.0T white with black leather interior and few options. The build quality and attention to details is very good. The dash layout is simple and straight forward. Controls are easy to use when driving, good safety factor! Both front and rear seats are well padded and should be comfortable on long trips. Lots of leg room front and back. Although the 2.0T will probably never win a drag race with a Honda Accord V-6, It seems to have plenty of punch on the interstate and should have plenty of passing power on two lane highways which is what matters! If your looking for great fuel economy buy a Mazda 6 but if you like that extra power when you need it, you'll like this the car! I'm in my late 60's and was lucky to own a new 1968 GTO 350HP muscle car. Maybe that's why I gravitated toward this car. The only negative is the low profile 18" tires. If you use the recommended 34 psi of air pressure, the ride and handling is very pleasant and responsive. So far, I think Hyundai has built a very good car for the money along with a great warranty.

My new sonata

by Smiley from Upstate NY | June 30, 2015

The car uses considerably more gas then the manufacturer states. Disappointed by the lack of mileage able to get doing high way driving Also, the light colors available on the leather seats get dirty very easily and are not easy to clean. The cars appearance is attractive and has nice options but would not purchase this vehicle if I had to do it over

best car ever

by nascar grammaw from Burleson Texas | June 17, 2015

this is my third Sonata and I love it its leather sunroof all the bells and whistles beautiful well made car

am loving my car

by jamesbonnd12 from | May 15, 2015

The new Sonata is really nice and has a luxurious feel to it.The seat in the sport model is very comfortable and supportive. My favorite feature on the sonata is the Navigation and Blind spot detection. The navigation is very rich and fun of details when you need a road guidance for your trip.Finally,i will recommend this car to my friends and family because I think its a huge value for your money.

Best new car yet

by becky from Huntersville, NC | May 12, 2015

I replaced my 2007 Sonata with a new 2015 Sonata and just LOVE my new car!! I would certainly recommend this car to friends and family members.

If it calls your name...

by wildcat78 from Elizabeth, NJ | May 7, 2015

Recently I bought the 2015 Hyundai Sonata SE and I am actually very impressed by the looks, comfort, performance, efficiency and safety for the value this car has to offer. Coming from a background where everyone's influences is bias solely on Toyotas and Hondas, I was able to turn the tide against their curtailed trend by following my intuition. Ha! But I'm not writing about myself going against all odds, I really want to let you know that this car measures up the ante. Bar NONE.

Reliable n spacious

by Commuting car from California | May 1, 2015

Loving my new car great in gas very spacious definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a gas saver

Sonata

by WMassguy17 from West Springfield, MA | April 15, 2015

I have been leasing my 2015 Hyundai Sonata now for 6 months. I absolutely love it! It is fuel efficient, reliable and fun to drive! I love what Hyundai did with the redesign in regards to the interior and exterior. The interior has superior quality materials. I recommend the Sonata to anyone who is looking for - value, reliability or an all around near perfect vehicle.

hyundai lover

by mr, naples from naples fl, | April 10, 2015

I am leasing a 2015 sonota limited, this car has all the bells and whistles you could ask for, love the scenic foof, great value for the money,this is my fourth sonota, avis they made a convertible model,