2000 Hyundai Tiburon

23 city / 32 hwy

Overall

Perfect Car

by Charlie from Southern California | April 28, 2012

I bought this car new and have been the only owner. It has over 248,000 miles and is still going strong. There are a few spots that the paint is wearing as well as the interior but that is to be expected. The clutch lasted 206,000 miles. I just changed the timing belt at about 235,000. My first set of breaks lasted 164K miles and yes, I do stop and I had them checked whenever I took it in to the dealer for a check up. Perhaps the key was oil changes when required. Other then that it was just the quality of the manufacturing. I hate the fact that they don't make them anymore. There is nothing out there with the style, now all the cars look the same. I still get a around 30 mpg and more if I'm on the freeway a lot. The only down side I can think of is I have had to change the headlights about once a year but they are just little bulbs and are easy to change. The origional tires didn't wear well but I now have a brand that lasts. I like the hatch back because I can get just about anything in it with the seats folded down. I sure hope they come up with something equivilant but in the mean time, I think this one is good for at least another 50K maybe more.

first car

by sport car from AZ | September 12, 2011

well i would recommoned for first time buyers it is a good car for beenin a hyundai. its a well design car but the interior leather is something tat i personally dont like but that is just me. when its cold the leather is super cold. when it is hot outside then the leather is super hot

Great Little Sports Car

by CO Tibby Driver from Denver, CO | March 24, 2010

I bought my 2000 Tiburon with only 17K miles on it and finally sold it with 110K miles. Over this span of 10 years, the car only broke down on my once. My car was also modified with a Cold Air Intake, headers, and full exhaust, so the engine worked much harder than a standary Tiburon. Anyhow, I received many compliments on the car and it was nice to see that there wasnt one on every single corner of Denver. Very reliable car, great gas mileage (once drove 500 miles on one tank of gas, all highway), and unique looks that you do not see anywhere else. By the way, I am 6'4, 220 lbs. and still was able to fit into this car!!

10 yr owner

by kk from Kentucky | December 24, 2009

I am so sad that the 2000 Tiburon was the only one styled as it was. Mine was in an accident yesterday and it can not be replaced. I loved every day driving it, it really could have lasted me another 10 years becaues it was made so well and drove like a dream.

Fun Little Sports Car, Won't Break The Bank!

by Tiburon Jon from Seattle, WA area | January 15, 2008

I've owned my 2000 Tiburon for a bout a year and a half now, and love it! I bought it used form a dealer, one previous owner. It is a great little car, fun to drive, nice unique lines, and most of all not too expensive. It certainly does not compare in performance and HP to more expensive sports cars, but it has decent pickup for a 4 cylinder. I love the interior design, very sporty, almost futuristic, and the standard front seats are designed with touches of racing inspiration. The hatchback trunk actually allows quite a bit of cargo capacity, with the back seats folded down. I have had mine in a few times for service: spark plugs, engine flush, a replacement belt, normal stuff for a 7 year old with 115,000 mi. All covered under warranty, good Hyundai service. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to others as a fun and impressive entry into the sport car world.

great little car

by ben_rush from danville,ky. | March 19, 2007

i owned my tiburon for 4 years loved almost everytrhing about it except the headlights kept blowing at one point i had both go out at the same time the driver seat was not the most comfortable on long trips two warranty problems i had were the carpet near the dead pedal came up it was replaced under warrnaty at 30000 miles then needed to be replaced again at about 57000 miles but the dealer said it was just normal wear and tear and not covered the other problem i had was a warped front rotor i could not get the old one off to replace it i called a dealership in ca. and they told me they would not tell me how to remove ait over the phone i had a freind with a 2001 he took his to a dealer to get the brake pads replaced and the dealer told him that the brakes he had on were not the right one and some one must have stole his brakes and they would have to replace them at a charge of 1000 dolars

Excellent reliablity, condition and looks!

by None from Irvine, CA | February 20, 2007

This a very good looking car that has had regularly scheduled maintenance since purchased. New transmission, shock and struts and tires. Recent service found nothing else in need of repair. Interior of car looks like new. It has automatic and power everything. Cassette and CD player. Sun roof and rear spoiler. Alloy wheels. If it were not for a few hardly noticeable dings on the exterior it would be in perfect condition. One owner, one driver.

Featured Services for this Hyundai Tiburon