2003 Hyundai Tiburon

Available in 2 styles:  2003 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Worth the wait

by Getting Even from Greeville, SC | March 21, 2014

I bought this for my 16 year old son. People thought I was crazy trusting this kind of car to my son. He is one of the most cautious people and drivers I know. I was right but it backfired. He was afraid of the car and the way it could attract tickets. I then realized this was the car I always wanted. I was right. This car performs like no other fast and smooth in the turns. Gets great gas mileage, and sounds oh, so good. I'm an old guy but getting in an out of this car is a breeze. Once you are in it fits so well. So speed, handling, economy, and it draws looks where ever I go. So what else? Visibility is surprisingly good.

Nice sporty car - but not perfect

by 2004GTSE from Baltimore, MD | March 6, 2013

The Tiburon was completely remodeled in 2003, making it larger and giving it a V6 engine. The styling is excellent - I even had a Corvette owner park next to me, get out and start looking at the car. (Replace the Hyundai badges with Tuscani badging and you'll confuse everyone as to what the car is!) Power is acceptable, but not neck-snapping. Handling good. Gas mileage could have been better. You'll probably never reach the top end of the car (over 130mph) .Now the problems. The clutch in the V6 is NOT up to the extra power of the V6, and you can expect it to start slipping at 60,000 miles. There was a Class Action lawsuit regarding the clutch. You're looking at $1,200 to replace the clutch. Replacing the spark plugs is also expensive as the intake manifold needs to be removed. You'll need to replace them at 90,000 - 100,000, so keep this in mind if you're buying. There was no after-market support from Hyundai, so "tuners" will be disappointed at the lack of after-market parts. If you're looking a buy one - CHECK THE CLUTCH!

Very good car

by brust from | November 21, 2011

Love it. The only problem is the gas mileage (18mpg)... but couldn't expect a great gas mileage on a v6... but the car is great. fun to drive and looks good.

The Best In The West (east, north, south)

by goddess7240 from Cape Cod, MA | August 25, 2010

I own the exact same car. It has been the best purchase I have ever made. I am a single woman and this is a problem free, reliable car and it looks really nice. Mine has 108,000 and don't you think I have just considered trading mine in for a lower miliage Tiburon? Yes I am thinking about it now. I am smitten with praise for this car and anyone who asks me "Hey how do you like the Hyundai?"....they get the full story of praise from me.

i love it :)

by tiburonsito from | June 27, 2010

This car is amazing...its cheap for an amazing caR! =) its really nice in the inside and the outside... people are always telling me compliments about the car and some people even ask me if I sell it to them...it is a really nice car and the parts are cheap too

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!

by Tib Man from Chicago | November 30, 2009

I have nothing but great things to say. My tibby has over 140000 miles on it and stills drives like new! It competes with my friends 2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS Spyder and I spent a fraction of what he did! I would recommend this car to ANYONE! It looks great, feels great, handles great. Plus it has a six-speed manual transmission! This car is AWESOME and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Mechanical Mess

by Tibby from CO | July 2, 2009

I drive a 2003 Hundai Tiburon and I would absolutely refuse to refer it to anyone. Yes the car looks great on the outside, but I have had problems with it that just aren't safe. At times the car's accelerator revs on its own and there is no stopping it including the brakes. I have had it looked at and they can't find the problem. I have never seen something like this before.

TOP GEAR APPROVED!!

by Stig from San Diego, Ca | May 12, 2009

Saw an Episode of Top Gear where they compared this vehicle to a Lexus is 430 sport coupe and said that for the price and considering the car maker the Hyundai Tiburon stays true to a what a sports car should be over the Lexus. I have to agree with such an elegant and yet so aggressive body style the Tiburon is still a very unique looking car always turning heads when going down the road. It has a very quiet exhaust and gentle acceleration while just cruising down to the store but press the throttle down a bit and you get a nice grumble that quickly grows into a deep muscle car roar emitting from the twin exhaust pipes all while throwing you hard into the leather bound bucket seats. If your looking for a best bang for your buck sport car with out the hassle of reliability issues the Hyundai Tiburon is that car.

i own this car and its not all that great

by javi from | April 18, 2009

don't get me wrong its a beautiful car but when it comes to maintenance its not good at all. unless you have a lot of money don't buy this car as a first car

best value

by TechGuy from Sacramento | March 11, 2009

Very fun to drive car. Reliable and good looking. Many upgrades available. It has powerful v6 engine and 6-speed manual transmission. The most important thing is that you don't have to overpay for this car, like you would for Honda or Toyota.

Featured Services for this Hyundai Tiburon