2008 Hyundai Tiburon

2008 Hyundai Tiburon
Available in 4 styles:  2008 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Good value for the money

by Vtroadrunner from Upstate NY | August 12, 2013

I've owned many 2 door subcompacts and have found the Tiburon to be dependable and fun to drive. The suspension is great on hills and curving roads, which there are many in my area. The V6 has decent acceleration, and it's not a problem when it comes to passing. It's the first automatic that I've driven in years, as I've always driven standards, but I still feel like i'm driving a responsive vehicle. Not to mention the looks you get when you drive around town. It looks like a much more expensive car. I was so satisfied, I bought a second one for my Daughter.

Perfect Little Sports Car

by G&G from White Oak/Pittsburgh, PA. | August 5, 2013

We've bought this 08 GS model 4 years ago, loved every moment we drove it, and regretfully have to sell it due to insurance downsizing (we own too many vehicles for only 2 people). Gas MPG great, overall styling, value, reliability,and road handling outstanding. This car would be excellent for a younger person going back to school(or college) or anyone who just wants to feel that free spirit that this car provides without breaking the bank.

money wise there is nothing that can compare

by Mario13 from south africa | April 4, 2013

Ferrari look alike. And since when is that a bad thing. The car always urges you on to go faster. I know own my 4th generation tib.

Love this shark

by Mr. Tib from CT | July 25, 2012

Gas Tank is small for the v6 and the milage isn't exactly stellar, but nothing else compares in quality, trim or warranty for the money.

Love my '08 SE

by itguy1994 from | April 4, 2012

Got it used in fall '09 with 14,000 miles on it & went AL-AZ the next spring. Best mpg 36 w/cruise set just under 90mph, (yes I got a warning-TX is a big state) noisy on rough road surfaces but, turn up the Kenwood stereo & go! The car tunes itself if you can keep a constant speed to it; it loves the highway. You won't win any drag races with this car but the more it runs the better it gets. Engine torque and overall power really does not kick in until well above 3300 rpm. Runs at 75 all day on my commute with the cruise in 6th right around 3100 rpm. I've had it on the track at Talledega and it easily hit 120 and had more to give; Barber MotorSports Park is the next goal.

Nice little car for my kid

by MomtoTeen from Columbus, OH | February 20, 2012

Teen daughter fell in love with this car based on looks, so we shopped around a while to find her a low-mileage, automatic version and found a great one. Drives nicely but not overpowered, so she can't get in too much trouble. Cutest car around. Great value with the 100,000 mile warrantee on the power train.

Awesome Car

by its a secret from Omaha, NE | November 3, 2011

I love this car, not only does it look really cool, but it is very reliable. I barely have to fill up my gas tank, but when I do it seems to last a long time. Great MPG! I love having a sun roof it makes it feel nice and open. I love cloth interior so it is never too hott or too cold! I also enjoy when the interior matches the exterior because I think it looks classier! I would DEF purchase this car! great deal

Great car!

by Mr. B from Memphis, TN | July 23, 2011

I bought this car early in 2011. I bought it used, it had 27,000 miles or so when i got it. I've now put on about 13,000 miles in six months! I love driving it! It has a great sporty exterior look and even though the performance doesn't quite match its looks you can by an air intake or performace exhaust system if thats what you want to get from it. I bought a cold air intake for mine at $200 and now it takes off like a rocket! The inside is nice, however back seats are pretty tight. Also I got a GS model and it came stock with a Kenwood audio head unit and speakers, sounds great if you like to blast your music. Overall its about as comfortable as any other car I've been in. And now the price has dropped tremdously since it was there last year of production. 13k for this car (what i paid for mine)??? GREAT DEAL!!!

No Regrets

by Mikkie from Washington | April 6, 2011

I bought my 2008 Tiburon GS when gas was approaching 4 dollars. I couldn't beleive the MPG I got 28 to 30 MPG in the city regularly because I am not a hot rodder. Just easy stops and gradual exceleration. I did not carry a lot of passengers so I mostly kept the back seats in the folded down positon and got tons of stuff back there, even lumber! I did think it was a little noisey on the highway when I had the back seats down but nothing to complain about.

"My pretty little pink pony" pretty car.

by 20somthin and in debt from Indianapolis | March 27, 2011

I bought the basic 2008 GS model back in 2009. For the price it had a very unique sporty style. Downside was the car had very little power, interior lacked quality, and overall uncomfortable (Plastic was used on many interior pieces. Unique floor mats - factory - with Tiburon glued on were nice until the Tiburon glued on stickers fell off. I could only use the car as a two passenger vehicle as the backseat was very small. Driver/passenger seat were not comfortable either due to lack of seat adjustments.) Bottom line, if you are in the market for a "pretty car" - pretty like "My Pretty Pony" - and also reliable car you have found a match here.

Featured Services for this Hyundai Tiburon