2005 Hyundai Tucson

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Has performed well

by SVAgirl from Louisiana | February 23, 2014

We bought this car, used, for our high school daughter in 2011 (6 years old at the time). At the time it had about 60,000 miles on it. It has served her well and she now has it in college. It has been low maintenance, which has been wonderful. I have driven it on occasion and I love the way it handles--it's very responsive. It was a good purchase for our daughter and we expect it to last her through college and maybe beyond!

Great Car

by buzz from largo, fl | December 26, 2013

bought one new in 2005 and it is the best all round car I have had. very reliable and nice looking both inside and out. gas mileage could have ben a little better but loved the car.

Quality and Reliable

by DoubleDown from | February 23, 2012

Owned for almost 5 years and never had a major problem. Only repairs were for basic wear and tear from use.

Every thing is Perfect

by SUV Lover from | June 11, 2011

Best Accessory, is the Stabilized Steering! Side winds doesn't bother the handling. You're not aware, that the wind is blowing.

reliable car

by Hyundai lover from Las Vegas,NV | April 6, 2011

I love the Hyundai Tucson that I drove for almost 6 years now. it had least or none problems. did not bothered me at all, and is reliable perfectly. a very good car turned out to be,low maintenance, good warranty, and very safe . Good for mothers, new teen drivers, and anyone who likes to have a powerful and safe car without breaking the bank.

excellent in the snow.

by remir from south hadley,ma | March 24, 2011

my hyundai tucson is great. for the first time in years I have had no trouble with driving in the snow. It handles great. some of the things that I would change would be a higher arm rest; and better gas milage. it curently on gets 19.5 miles to the gallon. but I really love it otherwise.

Best Car Ever Owned

by Hard Driver from Gettysburg, PA | July 15, 2010

I purchased a 2005 new with just a few miles on it. In these 5 years, I have put 204, 000 miles on it as of today. I have put gas, oil (every 5000 miles-synthetic), tires and wiper blades in it. Flawless performance. We have the manual 4 cylinder. We get 29 MPG still - I drive almost exclusively highway miles which might account for the MPG and the lack of repair bills. When oil changes come around, I almost always have the full amount of oil in the crankcase. At 200, 000 plus miles and no oil burning at all. All accessories still work as designed. The 4 cylinder is a bit underpowered. We got the manual to compensate for that. I have no problems accelerating, passing, etc. You just have to hold it in gear a bit longer. Don't be afraid of pushing the RPMs to 4000, I do it daily and the car has no issues. I'm 6' 4", 270 pounds, wife is 5' 2" 130 pounds, we can adjust the seat in a flick and off we go. Both of us experience good visibility and control of the car. Two older teenage children (one over 6 foot) have no complaints sitting in the back, even when I have the driver's seat back for me. This car represents outstanding value for the money.

Never

by Sports Car Enthusiast from | April 27, 2010

This car is to bad. New owner will have a lot of problem. Real price for the car in this condition 3500

way to go!!

by joe from chicago | August 10, 2009

Best car I've ever had. Had it 4 1/2 years,no trouble! Unbelievable! Have had about 30 Detroit made cars over time. They can't compare. Daughter has 2007 Tuscon and plan on purchasing a second Tuscon in 2010. Nice handling and nice looking Thank You!

love my little suv

by little mama from Austin | August 6, 2009

I got my Tucson, a 2005, in 2007. It's a manual so I can't speak for the automatics performance. I like a standard transmission because I get to control the "kick". Anyhow, this car has been great, easy and fun. Very reliable. It's more comfortable than the CRV's I test drove. I did have a problem with the locks not locking w/ remote or manually but I took it to the service department and they were like no other service department I've ever been to. They were very pleasant and took care of it quickly. The warranty has been great. I have 2 kids and safety was number one in picking it. I have a very basic model, but I'm guessing more options makes for a more luxurious car, however, for me - I LOVE to drive and my Tucson has been fun, from the first test drive. That plus the Hyundia's safety and warranty made it a great pick, still.

Featured Services for this Hyundai Tucson