2006 Hyundai Tucson

2006 Hyundai Tucson

Available in 6 styles:  2006 Hyundai Tucson 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Very good car for the money.

by bobomack from Houston,TX | July 6, 2014

I was looking for a dependable SUV with comfort and reliability. I bought mine used with 60,000 miles on. I read all the reviews and it has indeed been a great purchase. It has plenty of comfort and features. I was getting 21.5 MPG when I purchased this vehicle, but once I changed the oil, it increased to 23.5 MPG. I'm impressed with the 6 cylinder engine, plenty of zip and power on the highway. I was scepticle buying A Hyundai, since I'm a Chevy guy, but now I'm glad I did. I maintain my Tuscon, change the oil and keep the fluids full and this car has not let me down yet,

Salesman found the car that was made for me.

by Used car buyer from Souderton, PA | July 11, 2012

Had a tough time picking out a car after test driving a half dozen or so but when this was brought out I finally made the decision. The Tucscon had all of the features that I was looking for and more. Engine size, cargo room, safety features, easy to steer and great styling. There's even a compass built into the rear mirror. I'm going to enjoy driving this to the shore! I can't wait.

Looking for a 4x4 SUV

by jrmdgj from Des Moines, IA | February 9, 2011

I was looking for small used 4x4 truck at first, but didn't find anything within my budget. I had owned a Hyundai before for 9 yrs and it was very dependable and great in the snow. So I started looking at used Tucsons since it was available with 4x4. I have owned it now for almost 4 months and have enjoyed using the 4x4! And it has the room I was looking for.

Very good SUV

by Cars for daughters from Tucson, AZ | October 26, 2010

Bought this Tucson for one of my daughters. Living in CO we wanted 6 cylinders and 4WD. She enjoys driving this spacious reliable small SUV.

A chihuahua with the heart of a lion!

by Multiple Hyundai Owner from Woodstock, CT | August 20, 2008

I purchased 2 of these on the same day, one for me, one for my wife. The all wheel drive with the 4WD lock button on the dash is absolutely fantastic. A quick press of the button makes it so you can just edge out of somewhere you know you're going to spin, like that wet lawn on an incline! Fuel efficiency is good for an SUV, plenty of power for getting onto the highway, a nice comfortable cruiser for longer trips, plenty of cargo room. In the snow, it's a bear! I've had it in over 10" of snow and it acted like it was a dry summer day powering right through! With all the airbags, ABS & Electronic stability control, I always feel safe about my wife in hers, even in the worst weather!

Great bang for the buck

by Ted from Orlando, FL | June 14, 2008

Have 45k on the little beauty. Great car for the buck. Wasn't expecting a Cadillac, so I am happy with it. Have a 5 speed stick that gets 20.5 in city traffic. Original tires and everything works great. Good head & leg room for a 6 footer like me.

Great SUV

by Esquire from Bronx, New York | March 6, 2008

I brought this car used, and have only had it for one month, but I am totally in love with this SUV. I am 6 feet tall and I am totally comfortable driving this car. I had 4 of my friends in the car, and they were very comfortable, even with 3 in the backseat. The look, style and feel of the SUV is one of a more expensive ride. It has all the features you will ever need. Since I have only had it for one month, I still don't know about reliability, but the warranty is great. I recommend this SUV looking for a great, inexpensive, ride that is also cool to drive.

2006 tucson gls

by bwaller from Las Vegas NV | May 14, 2007

I have owned this vehicle for one year now and can say that this is one of the best cars I have driven, quality is right up there with toyota (have driven 4 brand new toyotas), getting 20.3 mpg in city and 23-25 hwy 80mph+ Comfortable on long trips and road noise is not excessive, easy to park and manuever. I am 6ft tall and can fit easily, even in back seat with front seat all the way back. I can see myself keeping this car for quite some time.

Super SUV with lots to offer !

by Pierre from Quebec, Canada | January 26, 2007

I purchased a Tucson 2006 GL V6 FWD approx. one year ago and can safely say I am very satisfied with the vehicle over all. I find the styling very attractive and really like the aqua silver paint job. The one thing I cannot yet comment on is reliability since I've only owned the vehicle for a year (but so far so good). The ride is very acceptable for an SUV, and is very comparable to a car like ride. Canadian roads are very bumpy at times and the Tucson absorbs those bumps reasonably well. Unfortunately, I can't say that this vehicle is good on gas. According to my calculations based on a 65 Litre tank this vehicle does 16-17 miles to the gallon in the city and around 19 on the highway. But then most other SUVs in this category don't do that well with 6 cylinder engines either in the gas consumption department. And to be honest, I knew what I was in for when I bought the Tucson. If I was concerned about saving on gas I would have purchased a smaller vehicle like an Echo or civic. Cargo space is where the Tucson shines, fold down the passenger seats in the back and you've got a ton of room for cargo and the seats fold down perfectly flat and level. The 2.7 litre V6 is snappy off the line for a small truck, and does the job for passing manoeuvres on highways. Handling around corners is awesome. Couple that with stability control and traction control and you feel safer when pushing down the accelerator. I've had a chance to experiment with stability and traction control in the snow and I'm happy to report that these systems activate exactly when they are supposed to. In winter I would recommend a good set of winter tires for added traction. The Sound system is very acceptable and has MP3 compatibility. I wish it had a built in Auxiliary for Satellite radio or ipod, but I'm sure Hyundai will eventually include these. I went with the FWD model because I tow a boat in the summer weighing in at 1500lbs. The Tucson has no trouble pulling my boat with the dealer installed hitch. Compared to Rav 4 and Honda CRV in the same class I believe I saved over $3500 and got a better warranty then most (5 years 100, 000 KM covering almost every component of the vehicle). 3 yrs. unlimited 24 hour roadside assistance. Need I say more...ok I will-check out the JD. Power ranking on this car you'll be pleasantly surprised.

With excellent warranty how can you go wrong?

by New Hyundai Tucson Limited Owner from Virginia | January 3, 2007

As this was our first new vehicle purchase my husband and I spent a few months researching economical compact SUV's. Requirements were good gas, safety, and mechanical ratings. My top four choices, without driving, were the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV-4, Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson, in that order. After driving each of the four vehicles the choice was limited to the Toyota RAV-4 and Hyundai Tucson, but Hyundai won because of the excellent warranty they offer along with value for the money. Comort is rated a 4 and not 5 because the leather seats were a bit uncomfortable after an eight-hour drive two days after we bought it, but it seemed that is because they need to be "broken" in. Cloth seats are actually more comfortable. Handling is excellent, when driving in heavy rain the car never felt like it was slipping, it was solid. When turning up the music I occasionally hit a button that switchs CD's. Back seats easily fold down and storage compartment below floor level are perfect for jumper cables, ect. After researching for so long, to make the jump to purchasing was a bit scary, but I am very happy with the vehicle and look forward to many, warranty covered, years of use.