2009 Hyundai Tucson

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Tucson 2009

by owner from chicago IL | March 17, 2014

so far a good car. very well designed inside and out. Good visibility and simple features. Plenty of room inside to feel comfortable without being cramped. Decent amount of trunk space. Engine a bit loud and not as powerful as V6 obviously but it's not bad. overall a great car for a family or anyone who wants a simple, safe and compact suv.

Absolutely no problems in 4 years and 34,000 miles

by just me from florida | March 1, 2013

I liked this car and found it very dependable. My only problem was that it picked up a lot of road noise and shifted a little rough. I wanted to get a little larger vehicle what would ride better and not be so loud. I was going to get a Hyundai Santa Fe all wheel drive and planned to do so, but the dealer who sold me the Tucson made an offer and then reniged on it which ticked me off so much I would never buy from him again. When the dealership was new they seemed to want my business. Now they just blow you off rather than keep their word. So I just bought a Subaru instead. Good car though. I never had to take it back for anything at all. Probably should have kept it but had the itch to trade and wanted all wheel drive.

Solid bang for the buck

by NJGal from Trenton, NJ | September 15, 2012

I bought my 2009 tucson from a dealer in southern Jersey. It had just under 40,000 miles on it and I paid $14,500. It is the bottom line model - which sits fine with me because I didn't want a bunch of gadgets and bells and whistles. Unfortunately, it doesn't even have a thermometer to tell me the outside temperature, which is the one "bell and whistle" I do miss. That said - I love the sightlines and feel I have a great range of vision - and do not feel nearly as nervous on the NJ Turnpike as I did in my smaller sedan. It doesn't have a lot of get up and go - If I could do it again I would hold out and find one with a 6 cylinder engine. All told though - I am really happy with the car. The sound system includes a plug for our iPad, which is key for my husband - and the air conditioner is awesome. Haven't had the heat on yet - and I've only had it about a month - so my score on reliability is hopeful, but not yet fact based.

love my little Hyundai!!

by former Saturn owner from Rocket City, Alabama | April 12, 2012

I bought the 2009 Tucson in 2010 - brand new, had been sitting on the lot for over a year. Why? Because it's a stick shift!! I've owned nothing but Saturns for the last 15 years. When Saturn went outta business, I had to get something else. Did my research, Hyundai's renewed commitment to quality and reliability impressed me. I love this Tucson. It's a nice small vehicle but has some pretty nice bells & whistles. Handles well, responsive, I don't mind the road noise. It's just noise. Decent gas mileage on the road and great small city car. I've owned it two years now and wouldn't trade it in for the world. Highly recommend it to anyone wanting a small SUV.

I am going to miss you

by mac from cleveland oh | May 16, 2011

this was my car what can i said it is a great vehicule mileage was very good so far I think it was better than the sonata

not a single issue in 25,000 miles

by hyundai mondai from FL | March 26, 2011

Bought new two years ago. Nothing needed to be done but oil changes and scheduled maintenance. The transmission shifting can be a litle rough and the road noise is a little worse than other cars I have had, but that is characteristic of the vehicle. It is comfortable and all the dash controls are intuitive and easy to use. I bought because of the warranty and lower price than Honda and Toyota and reputation of the local dealership. I am happy with my selection.

First-time New Hyundai Owner

by Former Long-time GM Owner from Cornwall, Ontario, Canada | November 26, 2009

We purchased a new 2009 Hyundai Tucson GL - 25th Anniversary Edition in the Spring and have been pleasantly surprised with the comfort and performance enjoyed over the first 8500 kilometers (5300 miles). the value-added package. Included in our Tucson's Anniversary package is a premium Kenwood stereo system, a Garmin in-dash GPS system, a 2-way power sunroof and body colour door handles and mirrors. These features, along with heated seats, air conditioning, keyless remote entry, 4-wheel disc brakes, ABS with EBD, 60/100,000(mo/km) comprehensive warranty and more made the purchase decision for this vehicle a "no-brainer." The wife loves the easy to operate features and controls found throughout the SUV. We recently purchased 4 winter tires and rims in preparation of the upcoming Winter months. The only negatives we had at the beginning was the marginally noisier ride (we were always used to more soundproofing in our previous cars) and the firmness of the rear seatback, but we've grown accustomed to both over time. I'm anxious to see how the Tucson keeps its excellent composure in extreme snow/ice conditions with its enhanced electronic stability and traction control (standard equipment). Fuel economy for our Tucson is reasonable at approx. 23 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway. Overall, we are quite pleased with our vehicle and would recommend it to our family and friends.

best value for money!

by Red from milwaukee, wi | November 1, 2009

What model? 2007 Hyndai Tucson, 2007 GLS - 4 cylinder FWD. How long? Have been using the Tucson for over 2 years and 30k miles.I m the second owner and got it with 13k miles on it. Any maintenance so far? only oil changes. had to tighten the rear wiper when it stopped working because of huge lump of ice sitting on it in winter. Have the airbag light on..I am told its covered under warranty. Gas Mileage? 23-26miles per gallon - mixed highway and city drive Any problems? I feel the shocks are hard in winters, somehow hear the thud of the wheels on cement roads. I dont feel the jerks but I hear the noise because of bad sound proofing and dont like it. What I like? The extra room when I have to carry huge items, I could fold all the seats down. The shiftronic Manual tranmission when I feel like driving on power mode. All features for a good price. 5 star crash rating. What I dont like? Pickup is sluggish for a SUV on 4cyl. Would prefer a V6 on a Tucson.

only one concern

by firsthyundai4me from Florida | August 1, 2009

So far I only have about 1700 miles, but getting around 25mpg with mostly short to medium trip drives with a/c running, which I think is pretty good. The 4 cylinder has enough pick up and cruises effortlessly. It is comfortable to ride and intuitive to operate with a lot of nice little touches. Only concern I have found is that the transmission can be a little rough with the shifting. I bought it for the warranty and think it is good value for the price.