2012 Hyundai Veloster

27 city / 37 hwy

Overall

Perfect Match

by Veloster Owner from Houston | August 4, 2014

Best car so far bought it pre own and i still get up to 60,000 manufacturing warranty (sweet) car drives real smooth, so many high tech options you don't need extra gadgets at all. excellent on gas if you drive normal aggressive drivers will not be impress on gas mileage and power remember this is a 1.6 car 0 to 60 in about 9 seconds so take that in to consideration but if you are looking for economic,reliable,good looking and high tech car this is the one for you. at 65 mph on freeway i get around 40-42 miles per gallon going 75 mph around 32-35 miles per gallon on city driving Normal driving around 27-30 miles per gallon.driving above normal( a little crazy) around 25-27 miles per gallon i never get bored on this car is excellent for long driving i can listen music from many sources usb drive,my phone,XM radio or pandora i don't even look at my phone to make or receive calls Bluetooth work great no mechanical problems so far at 39,000 miles i give for stars on performance because on the lack of power on stop and go if that is your concern get the turbo your choice power or high mileage. my only complaint is the air vents they broke easily everything else love it

love my car to the fullest

by car geek from Columbus ohio | February 3, 2014

i switched from a bmw to this car i love this car absolutely lovr it more reliable. the gas mileage is awesome i get all sorts of compliments on the glass,roof an the button on the door handle that unlocks the doors an push to start the tech package is great i can do so much with this car an do not hesitate on buying one u will not regret. well built

Best Car I've ever owned!

by Sean from SC | December 13, 2013

Best Car I've ever owned! I've had no problems at all with this car and get 30-32 mpg around town and sometimes 40 mpg on the hwy!

Sweet little ride.

by RinWY from Cheyenne,WY | November 21, 2013

Very sporty and gets a lot of looks. Fits my style perfectly. Not going to win any races with it but I'm too old for that anyway. Stable and fun to drive.

Great practical reliable everyday use car

by Velosterpwner from Tennessee | September 7, 2013

I have owned the Veloster since it came out new. I have now driven over 40,000 miles+. I have been on two road trips from New York to Texas in this vehicle. Never had any problems and the gas savings were phenomenal. I have installed an injen cold air intake and magnaflow performance exhaust and my MPG is 50~54 on the highway. The car is noticeably faster with the upgrades. It also sounds sick and unlike any other car. I get 42 MPG combined with city and highway with eco mode on. When driving aggressively I get 28~32 combined MPG. I can watch movies on the touchscreen while driving off of my USB and anyone who owns a Veloster can also. My car has never been in the shop for any problems. I have been in an accident due to a careless driver and I walked away perfectly fine. I have replaced the original tires with performance tires and it makes a HUGE difference. I have koni shocks and lowering springs ready to be installed when the weather gets better and the Veloster will handle like its on rails: sharp cornering at 60 MPH+. Right now I can turn a sharp 90 degree turn going 45 MPH. The handling is superb and the Veloster chassis is even used in Rally car racing. Maintenance is also great as oil changes require only 3 and 1/4 quarts and is very easy to do yourself. The Veloster has a very good aftermarket supply available and you can modify it to be something else. With the seats folded down you can haul a ton of stuff. The front interior area is large and very comfortable. The only drawback is the acceleration from a stop. But once you hit third gear you can get pushed back into your seat and it hauls a $ $!

Great Car!

by Bertbiz from Minneapolis, MN | July 12, 2013

What a fun car to drive. Different from anything else I've had. Driving a stick is fun, too! Love the Vitamin C color. Won't lose this in a parking lot...

Mini-Batmobile

by Sc-Schuess from South Cacalackie | June 5, 2013

The glossy black 2012 Veloster is so much fun to drive. Great MPG. Lots of user-friendly options on this one. The *only* shortcomings are the blind spots created by the large sideview mirrors. When you sit low on the road (compared to the SUV I was driving formerly) you can't see around or over those mirrors easily. Still -- great car.

Great mileage-good in snow- sprorty

by Just me from Brookfield , WI | March 18, 2013

Love this car. My son picked it for me since he gets it when I'm done. I commute 90 miles a day. It's great on gas. It handles very well in snow . It does ride low to the ground so it is a bit stiff in bad pavement . Overall though this is a great car most especially for the price

What a blast !

by Nordic from Pueblo, CO | December 20, 2012

I replaced my C6 Corvette with a Veloster Turbo 2013, so I as loking for a spoty exterior design, front wheel dive, powerfull engine and sporty driving experience. I found it all in the Veloster and what a nice car to drive. The 1.6 l Turbo engine performs so well and makes it a really fun car to drive. Already the first day i had 2 people comming up to me saying: "Nice car - What brand is it ? - Do you mind if I take a look inside ?" I love my Veloster and can't wait to take it on a long ride for Christmas vacation - it will be a blast. Oh - I have to mention the warranty - 10 year bumper to bumper - Quite good - can anybody match that ?

GREAT FOR PRICE

by NORM from NEW YORK | December 9, 2012

I HAVE 2K ON CAR-DRIVES GREAT LOVE GETTING UP IN MORNING JUST TO DRIVE 1/2 HR TO WORK-HAVE THE TECK AND STYLE PKG ALL WORK GREAT THE 3 RD DOOR IS A PLUS-EASY TO USE BACK SEAT EVEN FOR AN ADULT FUN CAR

Featured Services for this Hyundai Veloster