2013 Hyundai Veloster

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Pass by Gas Stations More Often

by Tooker from New Brunswick, Canada | March 30, 2014

I live in northern N.B. Canada. We have long winters and lots of snow. 10cm of snow is falling as I type this and it's March 30th. If you're looking to save at the pump this car is ideal, but if you need that real sense of security during winter driving then you need to be looking at something that has AWD. In addition, the hard plastic arm rest on the driver's side door will lead to a sore left elbow if you rest it there for even a short amount of time. The car is low to the ground, so it actually can be challenging getting out of it, even if you're in great shape. For front wheel drives, it handles like all other front wheel drive vehicles in the winter. I have good winter tires on it, but quite simply it's not an ideal car if you live in an area that has very tough winters.

A LOT OF CAR FOR THE MONEY

by VITO from FINCASTLE, VIRGINIA | January 25, 2014

I CHOSE THIS CAR PRIMARILY FOR THE UNIQUE STYLE AND FOR ALL THE STANDARD EQUIPMENT. I ADDED THE STYLE PACKAGE TO THE BASE, 6 SPEED MANUAL. THE RIDE IS SMOOTH AND COMFORTABLE ENOUGH. I'M A LITTLE SPOILED BY MY LEXUS LS, BUT THIS LITTLE CAR IS QUITE COMFORTABLE. THE SOUND SYSTEM, 450 WATTS AND 8 SPEAKERS IS BETTER THAN MY LEXUS'. I TELL FRIENDS THE DASBOARD REMINDS ME OF A KLIGON WARBIRD, VERY SHARP AND VERY FUNCTIONAL. SOME PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT HAVING A SPARE TIRE. I ALMOST DECIDED TO BUY A FULL SIZE SPARE, AND BUILD A NEW RAISED PLATFORM IN THE TRUNK TO ACCOMDATE IT, BUT I READ THAT 85% OF SPARES ARE NEVER USED AND END UP IN JUNK YARDS. I'LL TAKE MY CHANCES WITHOUT ONE. THE INTERIOR IS SPACIOUS, GREAT TRUNK SPACE, COMFORTABLE SEATS, SUPER SUNROOF (I LOVE THE POWER SUNSHADE WITH IT, A FIRST FOR ME) AND I LOVE THE USB. I'M NOT VERY TECH SAVY, BUT I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TRANSFER ALL MY MUSIC FROM WINDOWS MEDIA TO A USB. NOW I'VE GOT OVER 1000 SONGS TO PLAY ON THE CAR'S SYSTEM. THAT SURE BEATS DEALING WITH ALL THOSE MUSIC CDS. FINALLY, I DID SOME RESEARCH AND CONSUMER REPORTS (VERY OBJECTIVE SOURCE SINCE THEY DON'T ACCEPT ADVERTISING) GAVE THIS CAR AN ABOVE AVERAGE RATING ON MOST CATEGORIES. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY. FOR THE MONEY, THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT COMPARES TO IT.

Best Poor Mans Sports Car Ever!

by buschchris1 from San Antonio, TX | January 22, 2014

I had a Tiburon V6 manual before and after I came back from over seas, decided I liked Hyundai enough for another. I got the 4 cylinder Manual with leather seats and sunroof. For the money its great. It looks way better than other cars in its class, has a nice interior and feels like a little shuttlecraft from Star Trek. The sunroof makes a big difference in how spacious it feels so get it with one if your over 6 foot like me. The shifting is tight at first but works in like any normal manual. For a 4 cyl engine the manual is the way to go, more power control and its light so it can move if you know what your doing. It is a rougher ride but that's how sports cars are, they have tight shocks due to low clearance so stop complaining other people, if you want comfort, get a medium sized sedan with regular tires. I love it so far, im at 31k miles right now. There is only one complaint and that's the Hyundai Bluelink (Bluestink more like it), if you don't pay for the service, the GPS wont work and it pops a registration message every time you turn it on. Your not going to win any races with a stock engine. The turbo is a lot more power and if you got the money, go for it. I am getting 33m/gal with a mix of highway and city so it does well. I drove to Austin from San Antonio and got 36m/gl. I calculated myself as I didn't trust the dash display and it was about .5m/gal off so not too bad. The warranty makes it worth it to get this over anything else not to mention the safety rating seems better then the rest in it class. I would say Hyundai so far has kept me loyal thus far. If they would only remove the blue link and allow more customizing in the head unit it would be perfect. Cheers.

Good not great

by Just a guy from San Jose | December 19, 2013

I have a little bit of buys remorse on this car. I like the look. I like the zippiness, tight turn radius, and decent gas mileage of the turbo model. I had a 300+ hp sports car before so this says something. However there is a slight odor of oil when I run the heater and when the car parks in the garage. The car is little hard to shift into gear when on a sharp downward slope. The plastic interior has really shows the where you touch it. The car only has 700 miles so I am a little concerned about build quality.

2013 Veloster Turbo

by Ray from Hagerstown, Maryland | December 19, 2013

We got our 2013 Veloster Turbo over a year ago and have had no problems at all, plus excellent dealer service. This car is an all around great vehicle...the third door access very useful, the hatchback great and handy, power great, sound system excellent, comfortable/well organized interior and dash, and sharp looking.......fuel mileage with that much power on tap great (lives up to claim and expectations). Satisfaction top notch.

Veloster Turbo Manual Transmission

by karmakat from Midwest | December 2, 2013

Just purchased this car a little over a month ago. I love love love it. Great fuel economy as well as being sporty and fun to drive. Drove five other small hatchback style cars before deciding this one was the best value for me. Can't really reply on reliability havent had it that long.

Very nice car

by Thejimster5 from Hurricane wv | November 17, 2013

I have now owned this car for almost a Yea. Overall I love the car. I have the re:mix version. It is very reliable and the sound system is incredible. The gas mileage is also great. The only downside is the ride. From where the car sits so low the suspensionis very tight resulting in a rough ride. I would highly recommend this car.

Great buying experience

by Turbo lover from Round rock, TX | October 31, 2013

I love driving my BMW 5 series and wasn't sure I needed a new car. But as fiat would have it, the car overheated on and I found myself at Round Rock Hyundai looking at a car I had seen driving around town,the Veloster turbo. I was only in the lot a few minutes when a happy little red head named Patsy was asking me if I wanted to test drive one of the cars. I declined since I pretty much knew what I wanted and only needed to check on financing. I prepared myself for a long, drawn out process that was not going to be fun at all. To my surprise, Patsy asked me what I needed and the she was my liaison to the finance department. She was awesome. At the end of the day, they found the car I wanted, met all of my financing terms and I had my car. Patsy never stopped smiling, or gave up on my terms. She is a star.

Made a big mistake!

by luft56 from Taylors, SC | October 24, 2013

Although I liked the fuel mileage and the looks of the car there were plenty of things I didn't like. The ride was terrible! Unless you get out on the highway you can count on a very rough ride. In Eco mode the car hesitated all the time when stepping on the gas. It just didn't seem to want to run very well. I had it in to the dealer twice and they said everything was fine. And getting out of the car feels like you're getting up from the pavement. It just was not comfortable. The car sits very low and not only is that a challenge you need to watch how you park and where you go or you'll scrap bottom. I ended up selling the car after only 5 months.

Veloster Tech Pkg - Stick

by P-Gigs from Madison, NJ | October 23, 2013

Driven for one month. Handles great. Plenty of power as a stick. Very functional and comfortable to drive. Backup camera is key! Great sound system and sunroof! Only criticism is the hatch cover - does not match the car - must be borrowed fro,]m The Accent/