We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2015 Hyundai Veloster

2015 Hyundai Veloster
Available in 4 styles:  2013 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

First New Car! ...So Far So Good!

by Steve from CT | June 1, 2016

This is my first brand new car I have ever purchased and I gotta say, I am quite impressed (owned this car for 4 months now)! For the price you do get a lot for your money with the Turbo model. Now I've looked at the Focus ST, Fiesta ST, WRX, and the Golf GTI, this car is thousands cheaper and you basically get the same stuff as the competitors. Now engine performance isn't the best in this car, with a 0 to 60 time of about 6.7 seconds, which isn't bad by any means, but its still a little bit slower than its rivals, but I don't mind that at all to be honest, its quick for me! The 6 speed manual transmission with the sport short shifter is remarkably smooth, very satisfying to shift in this car. With my lead foot, I still manage 28 to 32 MPG, I can get about 300 miles on one tank of gas (13.2 Gallon tank). In the bends, it handles remarkably well! A little body roll here and there but the side bolsters on the bucket seats keep you strapped in for the ride. I absolutely love the exterior styling, some may have different opinions on it, but this is a sharp looking car, I catch people all the time breaking their necks trying to look at this thing haha, I love it! Now here comes the downside to this car, the interior...now the heated leather bucket seats are AMAZINGLY comfortable, you get a A LOT of head room in the front (I'm almost 6 foot) but the back seats on the other hand are more for people who are shorter than 5' 8" so if you don't carry more than 2 passengers on daily basis your all set. The quality of the plastics used on the door handles could be better, it just has that cheapy feel to them. The dashboard as well feels extremely cheap. The leather wrapped steering wheel is a very nice touch, but its already wearing out after 4 months of ownership. The Dimension sound system isn't bad, I've heard worse and better than this system. I do love the 7 inch touch screen center display, with the Bluetooth connectivity so I can call while Im driving and listen to my music. Overall the interior is decent, VERY spacious but not that high in quality. Now every hatchback needs to be practical, and the Veloster is pretty good at it! Granted I have to fold the back seats down every time I go golfing to fit my clubs, but I was able to fit a decently large mini fridge with about 5 medium sized totes in the back no problem. Ride quality in this car is pretty darn good, its not too stiff, not to soft, its almost just right! To me this is the perfect highway cruiser, its so smooth on the highway. One downfall I will admit about the suspension setup and everything, this car does wheel hop a little bit, sometimes you feel the back end come loose for a SPLIT second and then your fine. Overall this is a fantastic little car and so far I'm pretty satisfied with its performance and features (especially the standard back-up camera and the 7 inch touch screen center display) Definitely recommend this car to anyone!

Would like to own this car in white

by Lois from Arlington, Texas | January 8, 2016

Drives smoothly, quite engine, pricing good, comfort midsize, equipment efficient. extremely dependable

Exellent customer service and car

by Dawnefd from MA | December 15, 2015

I was very impressed with the professionalism at York Ford on Rte. 1 in Saugus. Everything regarding my new lease was explained in detail and all options were explained to me. Jim Fauci was so personable and patient and he did all the leg work for me making leasing a new car effortless on my part. Jim went above and beyond by setting up my Blue Tooth and showing me how to use all the new options. It is not always easy find a great customer service in this day and age so I will definitely be a repeat customer. Thank you York and Jim!

Fantastic

by Vellie from Avinger Tx | August 1, 2015

This is the best car I have ever bot. Have had numerous vehickles in the past but my Veloster far outshines any I have ever owned. Comfortable, stylish, easy handling, all the features I wanted. I give it a 100% satisfaction. So happy with it. Also a beautiful color.

Owned a 2013 and a 2015

by Joe from Denver, Colorado | July 14, 2015

Traded in a 2013 Veloster (naturally aspirated) after two years of trouble-free ownership for a 2015 Veloster Turbo. That's indicative on how much I like this car. Contrary to what reviews say that it remains unchanged, the 2015 has had minor refinements performed, and I suspect Hyundai has listened to costumer feedback in regards to them. Mine has a quieter cabin, smoother suspension, and tighter steering. Taking something I already felt was good to the next level up. I use this car daily for commuting, and for transporting my wife and two teenagers around in comfort & style. The younger crowd loves this car and it gets looks all the time. The vehicle delivers with enough performance to keep me happy and I'm a fast driver. The manual transmission, which was equipped in both my cars, is an absolute pleasure of smooth buttery goodness to operate. Hyundai really knows how to design an excellent manual gearbox. I highly suggest getting the stick. Inside the interior is sharp with charcoal colored leather, raised stitching, and matte finishes. The audio, navigation, and bluetooth are exceptional and the controls are very nicely laid out. There's ample storage and trunk space. I managed to transport a 30 gallon boxed air compressor in mine with the rear seats down. This car gets a lot of negative reviews. This vehicle is a "niche" car, meaning it's not a cookie cutter car and most people will either love it or hate it. If you're looking for ultimate performance, then look further. If you want a modern, economical, and original hatchback, the this is definitely a worthy candidate.

most fun car

by lovemycar from Wirtz, Va | July 11, 2015

I sold my Subaru Outback for the turbo veloster and just love it. My husband and I took it for a drive to N C after owning it for 4 days and truly enjoyed the ride. The GPS is the best I have ever seen. Warned us when we were running into a traffic jam and guided us around it. The seats are is confortable, the sound system is great. The blind spot mirror works perfect in keeping us safe. The backup system is a godsend. love my new car.

Love it!

by Me from Lake Charles, La | June 2, 2015

I just purchased the Hyundai Veloster a week ago, but so far, LOVE, LOVE!!! I have been looking for about 6 months and this car by far has more options for the money and just looks bad @$$. I have two children and they don't have a problem getting in and out. Like I said, LOVE, LOVE my "mom car" ;) Moms have to have fun too!!!

peppy little car

by drc1287 from Tehachapi, CA | October 20, 2014

I've had this car for only a few days but its by far the best car I've ever owned. I does have some turbo lag (turbo model) and it does sit low and wide.

A little pocket rocket

by Mar Vista from Santa Monica | October 9, 2014

Remember the 1988 Hyundai Excel. Well, this is not that 80s Hyundai anymore. The company has evolved into a world class auto maker contender earning award winning designs and performances repeatedly. The Turbo version is a must for added hp but you need to know how to take advantages of those extras. It's a joy to drive a TGDI engine with DCT and paddle shifters. Disregard all the negative reviews. Beautiful design inside and out. Tech savvy will love it. It's a smorgasbord of media connectivities. Hyundai paid very good attention to details on this car, even the license plate gets its own Veloster emblem, very well build and made as well with almost 30% discount in compare to other brands with similar 'luxury' items. Rear view camera is an awesome feature. The front grill looks very aggressive and the rear is so sexy with twin chrome exhaust Slalom is very smooth and agile. Great mpg too. Get one while it last, you'll love it.