2007 Hyundai Veracruz

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great deal

by Vermonter from Vermont | October 17, 2011

Hyundai Veracruz - great 7 passenger vehicle without having to drive a minivan - feels and drives like a sedan. Bought the car in June and by October I put 12,000 miles on the car. From someone who does a LOT of driving, this car is a joy.

Satisfied with everything but the mileage.

by Venice Driver from Los Angeles | October 1, 2011

I bought my Veracruz in May of 2011, after looking at the Honda Pilot and the Toyota Highlander. Overall, I'm absolutely happy with the car for all the reasons that drove me to buy it in the first place: it's roomy, well-furnished inside, it runs well and it shares a lot of the same styling with the Lexus RX350 of the same years. I've loved the 2nd row separate A/C - it's a nice feature. My only beef is that the car absolutely does not live up to its billing as far as mileage goes. It's very easy to calculate the mileage because the car has an MPG tracker on the dashboard. There is no way this car gets 16-17 mpg city. It's more like 12-13. If you're on a straight shot open highway you'll get 22-23. One of the reasons I bought this vehicle over the pilot is that I'd heard the Pilot's gas mileage was not as good as advertised. I was sorry to find that the same applied here. I do a mix of highway driving (with traffic) and city driving, and my combined mileage is rarely ever better than 17mpg. Buyer beware.

Absolutely outstanding!!

by Angelheart12 from NYC | July 29, 2009

I have owned over 24 cars during my lifetime and I will state that my Veracruz is the absolutely best automobile that I have owned. I have just over 21,000 with no problems what so ever. The service that I receive thru the dealership is praiseworthy as well. I could not be more pleased. I have read several negative comments about this car, and I will state that such has been very far removed from my experience. Terrific.. terrific... terrific!

One of the best

by Dave from Rockville, Maryland | February 27, 2009

I wanted a mid-sized SUV in April of 07' I am 6'6" tall and had to be concerned about size, comfort etc. And, I did not want to sepnd more than 35K ona vehicel. I've always purchased Toyotas, Volvo's, SAABs, and so I wanted reliability. This Veracruz will be two years old in May with 33,000. I have not had opne problem with it. I've added a front end visor to it to minimize being hit by bugs, small stones, etc. I've got the sunroof, leather, 8 CD player. I just wish it had an external thermometer in the dash readout. I'm surpried it does not have it. We've used the third row seating three times and once the people were seated they were comfortabel although entering and exiting is a task. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone searching for reliability,good lines and a sporty look. The great thing is with the back seats down I can get my 9 foot fly fishing rod in the vehicle without breaking it down.

Vera Cruz

by Sha from Dallas, TX | December 22, 2008

I bought this car hoping this vehicle would last me many years...at least 10. However within 2 month of my purchase my car wouldn't start if I let it sit for more than 2 days. I had to have my car towed to the car dealership. They stated my battery was bad and put a new one in. Within 2 weeks my battery was dead again. The car dealership again replaced my battery. On the 3rd trip to the service department my husband made them keep the car for several days to see why my battery was being drained. On the 3rd day they discovered that my car had a bad starter cylinoid (I don't know how to spell it but that they said was wrong with it). Well after that was replaced my car did GREAT. I LOVE my car. I LOVE the DVD system, I LOVE having leather and a moon roof. I LOVE that I was able to get all of the above for under $35,000. However about 10 month later (when the weather got cold) my car wouldn't start again. I am very frustrated and am about to trade my car in. I need a reliable car and this one has failed me.

Most Undependable Car I've Owned

by zoomzoom from Boston, MA | October 22, 2008

My husband was convinced that Hyundai has a car that is comparable to the Lexus (with their ad), and so we got the VeraCruz. I must say, features and luxury items were comparable with a unbeatable price. But Hyundai IS NOT a Lexus, or any other car they claim to be (they are now comparing the Genesis to Porsche Boxster...etc). Once our VeraCruz hit 9000miles (14mths old), the engine won't start. We had to jump start it daily at first. Thinking we may have left some of the lights on or something, we made sure all the lights (interior/exterior), radio, a/c were off everytime. But it still keeps dying. We took it to the dealership twice and they even replace the radio, claiming it was draining the battery. The problem started again 2 weeks after the radio were replaced. We called up HyundaiUSA to lodged a complain. The customer rep told us we'll have to wait 3-5 working days for someone to call us back. In the meantime, we just have to deal with the dead car, not even a courtesy car was offered. And within this time, the car went from bad to worse. It had to be jumped started each time we wanted to use the car. We called again on the 5th day to check on the status, they assured us we would receive the call in the afternoon. HyundaiUSA didn't call back until the 8th working day. We traded it off on the 7th day.

Love this car

by STS from Maine | February 22, 2008

This is the first Hyundai I’ve owed, I really like the car. It rides nice and looks sharp. Goes great in the snow.

Too many problems

by Fat Boy from Florida | February 8, 2008

Cheap interior Brake Proplems both front and back Very bad resale, only 4000 miles Too much outside air noise Far too much road noise Very bad radio

Best SUV Value

by JR from Sacramento CA | January 16, 2008

After 5 months of SUV research, my wife and I purchased 07 Veracruz AWD Limited in May 07. We now have 11K miles on it and no problems. Great SUV, well worth the price ( $33,000). Besides being very comfortable, safe, and quiet to drive, it is great looking and the perfect size. We just got back from the snow, and the AWD performed great, did not need chains, and we went thru heavy snow with ease. The only thing I added was gold lettering and a front end mask to give it a more sporty look. I highly recomend this vehicle

Best SUV!!!

by Puerto Rico from Puerto Rico | December 11, 2007

2006 Veracruz Limited with prem. package black/saddle leather. I had this suv for 5 months now and no complains at all, so far is better suv than the lexus 350, we test drove the lexus and it was more noisy than the veracruz. this is my 4th hyundai and i will buy another one again. like the genesis.

Featured Services for this Hyundai Veracruz