2008 Hyundai Veracruz

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Hyundai Veracruz 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Just purchased used 2009 with 90k

by Andy from Salt Lake City UT | April 23, 2014

My wife and I just purchased a Veracruz and while the miles are high, the car was in exceptional condition. There was one exception as one of the rear wheel bearings was going out, but we negotiated that into the deal. Otherwise, we love the vehicle and especially all the features that you would not find on a brand new Highlander. Time will tell on reliability though...

Love the Veracruz

by Research Girl from | February 14, 2013

This care more than exceeded our expectations!! Smooth ride, comfortable interior. Would highly recommend it!

happy owner

by cruza from north attleboro ma | October 4, 2012

car is 5 star across ownership spectrum.gas mileage is weak linkfor this car,but it is not enough to down grade the product. does everything well and makes feel like an extension of driver. i have 51k on car and runs as good as day came off lot.

Carries every which way!

by love the cruz and cure from Upstate New YOrk | February 7, 2012

Replaced my Murano with the Vericruz. I had all the bells on the Murano-fewer on the Vericruz but like it better, It carries many more people and more stuff. The seating configuration allows great flexibility-becaue seats fold down easily and you can even fold down the left side and seat people on the right in the 2nd and 3rd row. Back (3rd)row can seat adults. Love the quietness of the engine. I have had it running and it is so quiet at idle you can't tell if it is on or off. Gas mileage is about what I got with the Murano-22 highest for highway driving steadily.In town is about 17/18. I got mine used one year ago and am now at 50,000. It has a good ride-lots of useful features that are not obvious immediately but that you will appreciate having. The funky blue mood light is quirky but the car is a great deal and I suppose a secret because they are really hard to find but worth it when you do .I had to hunt one down! Car is used to commute long distances and to haul kids and sporting equipment.

Worst car

by Ontario car from Ottawa ontario | July 23, 2011

The Veracruz is not a very reliable It is always in the shop. We have spent thhe last two years at the dealers for several different problems

Good vehicle with great features

by Veracruz after Murano from Syracuse, ny | June 26, 2011

Great vehicle but it is most helpful when reviewers are honest. I am not sure how the previous poster ( a few posts down) is getting the kind of milage being reported unless the car is traveling on top of a transporter. I get exactly what the car states is will get- usually 17 in town if I do not stop at all and the best I do on the highway is 21 or 22. The car has been great-quiet-comfortable for 7 but lets be real about the gas-it is not great.

reliable used suv

by frosty from Florida | May 11, 2011

several years back, I began to look at this companie's product line. being an aging car enthusiast who has owned several high end luxury automobiles and more than twenty-five new and used auto's during my fifty years of driving, I believe the recent line of vehicles from this manufacturer to be among the best in the world. So, I purchased their new Hyundai Genesis two and a half years ago and what a good move. then came the time to replace my 2004 Ford F150 Lariat. I begun to look at vehicles such as the honda pilot, toyota highlander and value for $. The vera cruz came out on top on almost every issue. This is undoubtably one of the best vehicles i have owned. Though, I purchased this vehicle pre-owned, I highly reccomend this vehicle to friends and I will probably buy another

Great Value

by Empty Nester from Franklin, TN | January 10, 2011

We just purchased our Veracruz in June of '10. We've have been so pleased have already recommended it to others in my age range (53/55) for their next auto purchase. You don't have to climb up or drop down to get in - great for less than healthy hip joints. The power liftgate feature makes raising and pulling down that heavy door from overhead a non-factor. On a 2500 mile trip, we were very comfortable with the open interior. NO COMPLAINTS! Yes, better gas mileage would help, but not a deal breaker. Our vehicle had 9K miles when we bought it and it is an '08. Don't let the year discourage you. The '09 - '11 are identical. Great Vehicle for ANY age buyer!

Best top of the line auto to date

by over 65 from Houston Tx. | August 16, 2010

This auto has all of the features that you need for any kind of as trip. The only think that was missing was a rear camera but it does have sensors.

The first crossover I have ever owned.

by sumitup from albuquerque, nm | April 4, 2010

I was looking for something a little bigger than the Pontiac Gran Prix I had. So I started shopping for Crossover's and SUV. I am big fella (6 ft 3 and 315 lbs). I test drove many Crossover's and SUV's and narrowed my search down to 3 to 4 vehicles. The Honda Pilot fit fine, but seem to fit better for a person who has family (children) with or without the extras. The Yukon and Tahoe fit as well but was a little to large. The Veracruz fit and did not seem to be to much or to little room (fit). Gas mileage ahs been a surprize for me. With 2 road trips, I was averaging 34 to 39 miles per gallon (cruise at 75 mph) and City was about 17 to 19 miles to gallon. I have had no maintenance issues, except burnt out daylight running lamp. I am scheduled for first oil change (3-4 months, 3400 miles). This car is well worth the money !!!!

Featured Services for this Hyundai Veracruz