2002 Hyundai XG350

19 city / 27 hwy

Overall

Great Car

by MyOpinion from St. Louis, MO | November 12, 2014

I purchased my 2002 XG350 with 92,000 miles on it and therefore expected some problems. It currently has 108,000 and I've only had one minor issue that cost $75 to repair(clean). The car is very comfortable, average to good handling for a car of it's size and weight, good design and layout, quality seats and trim and a durable body. It handles well on wet pavement and on snow. The air conditioning is outstanding, heated seats, mirrors are a nice bonus for a car this old. My only complaint on this car is the stereo which will has a tendency to randomly change from FM, to CD, to Error message, before returning to either the radio or CD where it was playing. It will also do this even turned off on occasion. I don't drive it that much otherwise I would install an aftermarket stereo. I may actually do so anyway but it is a sporadic & infrequent problem. So I will plan on purchasing a stereo, choose a headset for my car, then the issue stops and I forget about it for a while.

Best car I've ever owned

by xg350 lover from Enfield, Ct | August 20, 2013

Hands down, the most comfortable car and most reliable car I've ever owned. Fantastic value for all you get! I would definitely get another one.

So far so good

by first time korean from Wichita, KS | April 17, 2012

The reviews will warn you against this year and model. Mine definitely has character. The pros- styling, performance, ample seating, luxury feel and toys at very decent price. The cons- electrical gremlins, one mirror doesn't adjust, trunk and fuel door release not functional (have to use key), radio will not stay turned off ( I always leave it on anyway). If it lasts three years it will more than pay for itself.

Hyundai so UNDERrated!!!

by Love my Hyundai from Southwest WA | June 29, 2010

I drove this car off the showroom floor in 2002. 77,000 miles and 8 yrs later we were ready for a new vehicle. This car was in the shop twice in 8 years and once was a recall for a switch (nothing to do with safety) and the other was just last year for a sound under the car that was still covered by the GREAT 10 yr 100,000 warranty. It has been a pleasure to drive and I'm not thrilled giving it up...just needed a bigger vehicle. I just bought a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. Hyundai gets a bad rap that it does NOT deserve!

I'll never buy another Hyundai

by Hate My XG350 from Bel Air, MD | May 26, 2010

From the day I drove my Hyundai with only 6,000 miles off the lot - I've been in misery. I have never owned a car with as many problems or sunk as much money in repairs. Further many of my issues according to the service guy are a problem for many owners of the 2002 XG350. I think when a manufacturer mass produces a vehicle with a reputation for being a lemon, they should either offer free repairs on those problems or give an option to trade for a reliable vehicle. I'll never buy another hyundai.

great car for little money

by Comfy Car Gal from Sedalia, MO | March 2, 2007

We bought this car used and had no problems. Smooth ride on good roads and poorly maintained roads. Comfortable for long trips. Would consider purchasing another Hyundai. We were thinking of another Honda til we test drove the Hyundai.

Excellent Value

by Franz from Washington, DC | August 26, 2006

All the apointments. Half the cost. It may not impress your friends without that special European name, however this is a fine automobile. Firm on the highway, peppy on city streets, luxurious and quiet inside, this car has all the trappings of a small sports luxury sedan. Maintenance cost are very reasonable. Fully loaded and an outstanding warranty (I only had to use my warranty once in 4 years), I am quite happy with this choice. I brag to my Euro-Lux friends about the extra money I have!!! You will like this car.

XG 350 disappointment

by xg350owner from Vermont | August 8, 2006

The xg350 has been GREAT...EXCEPT the electrical system... it has been in and out of service since we bought the car and now the dealer says this is one of the reasons they have discontinued the XG...continually has electrical problems that the dealer can't fix...The dealer has benn good to try BUT having to drive 25 miles each way for him to say "you're all set only to have to call him again in a few days... I am now leary of purchasing any Hyndai product.

Featured Services for this Hyundai XG350