The EX35 is Infiniti's luxury midsize crossover. The EX35 competes with the Acura RDX, Land Rover LR2 and BMW X3. The EX35 comes in one trim level — called Journey — with either rear- or all-wheel drive.
New for 2009
For 2009, the EX35 has standard leather and a rear parking camera.
The EX35 should fit right alongside its stablemates: L-shaped headlights, a twin-compartment lower air dam and a curvy, windswept profile are all part of the mix. The horizontal taillights don't seem as chiseled as the ones on Infiniti's larger FX crossover.
Infiniti says the SUV's Scratch Shield paint can repair minor damage, like a fingernail scratch under the door handle. Thanks to a flexible resin and clear-coat combination, Infiniti says the paint can minimize the scratch in about a week.
- Available 17- or 18-inch wheels
- Dual chrome exhaust
- Powered, heated side mirrors
- Fog lamps
- Power sunroof
- Intelligent Key
- Optional bi-xenon headlights
- Optional directionally adaptive headlamps
Five people can fit inside, where passenger volume is 88.5 cubic feet, beating the RDX and X3 handily.
Cargo volume behind the second row is just 18.6 cubic feet, however, which trails the others.
- Leather upholstery with genuine wood trim
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- Heated, powered front seats
- Optional voice-activated air conditioning
- Optional voice-activated navigation system
- Optional 11-speaker Bose audio system
Under the Hood
Rear-wheel drive comes standard, and all-wheel drive is optional. The EX35's car-based chassis has a four-wheel independent suspension with extensive aluminum components.
With all-wheel drive, gas mileage for the EX35 is estimated at 16/23 mpg city/highway. With rear-wheel drive, which none of the EX35's competitors offer, the EX35 gets an estimated 17/24 mpg.
- 297-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 with 253 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed automatic transmission
- Rear- or all-wheel drive
- Side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Active head restraints
- Electronic stability system
- Traction control
- Rearview parking camera
- Optional lane departure warning system
- Optional adaptive cruise control
- Optional forward collision mitigation and intelligent brake assist