2011 Infiniti EX35

17 city / 24 hwy

Overall

low on refinement and luxury--avoid 19 inch wheels

by Jasper Edwards from Ballwin, MO | August 12, 2015

I bought a 2011 in March of 2014 with 10k on it and just traded it last month when it had 17k. Avoid this car if you have any interest in value for the money, luxury, refinement, quietness, comfort or space. This vehicle ranks very low on all those qualities. With the 19 inch wheels, this car rides very badly, is very noisy, and requires constant correction to keep it straight. After driving it any distance at all, I am exhausted from the noise, roughness and effort to drive it. I cannot believe this car is sold by a luxury brand because it so utterly is not a luxury vehicle. Even the engine is quite loud. It starts at a very fast and loud idle and even when it is warmed up and slowed down there is a distinct "rapping/knocking" noise that simply does not sound like a luxury vehicle. In terms of overall refinement, this vehicle is off the chart low. My wife and I are both small people and even we felt "crowded" in the front seats. A Buick Encore offers at least as much space in the front as this car does. The navigation system screen is not big enough and won't allow you to input addresses on the move, and the location makes it difficult to see easily. The back seats are not very roomy. Mine had a constant and annoying rattle in the dashboard that they could never fix--you would hear this noise multiple times per mile every mile I drove. Every single other car I rode in during the time I owned this vehicle I thought rode better and was quieter. The visibility from the front seat is not good--one sits low in the vehicle and there is not a good view out like an SUV should have. The ground clearance on this car is very low for an SUV. Gas mileage is poor considering the size of the vehicle. I did like the adaptive HID headlights and the strong power of the V6 and the smoothness of the 7 speed transmission. While strong, the drivetrain never felt refined though, and whenever I had the choice, I always chose my wife's 2014 Kia Forte5 to drive because the Kia was so much more comfortable and relaxing to drive than this car. This is simply not a good car period, and on a value basis, it is super low. It's no wonder that this car sells so poorly. I strongly recommend avoiding this vehicle. To be fair, there are a few other positives--the paint quality is nice, the high beam headlights are very bright, the interior lighting was good and the interior materials quality was nice. If one was going to even think about this vehicle, get the one with 18 inch wheels, or even better, get 17 inch wheels from an earlier model year.

Spectacular!

by Demanding driver from Los Angeles, CA | August 11, 2013

This car is incredible! First, the navigation system is the only one around in a luxury brand with a touchscreen -- good old finger pointing! The other brands have irritating and slow input methods -- why do they make it difficult??? Also, it drives really nice, and the incorporated technology and finishes are superb. I highly recommend this car to anyone as picky as I am!

Great small SUV

by Soxfan from Boston, MA | August 16, 2011

great small SUV - very luxurious, got a great price under invoice. Very well equipped and comfortable. Only thing I mark it down for is MPG - not terrible but wish was better - I avg 20.5 with roughly 50% hi-way. Around town I get maybe 15 but on a long hi-way trip (Boston to Portland) I can get close to 27 (Although I drive very conservatively these days and keep it usually around 70). Plenty of zip when you need it at 297 hp.

Zippy

by Kingstone from Tn | July 30, 2011

One of the most interesting cars I have owned. I am 6 feet. This is one of my wife's two cars at first I did not enjoy driving the car on occasion, but the technology is unsurpassed. The ride is also unequalled for a car this size.

infiniti ex35

by sammyh from California | July 29, 2011

Hot, hot, hot! Very happy with the ex. very sporty, fast, comfy. 1st luxury car, wont be my last. Why is this car so unpopular?

who knew a crossover would put a smile on my face!

by avarege joe from berkeley, ca | July 23, 2011

So my wife and i just bought this car a few days ago, we traded in our 2008 Accord coupe EX-L V6. we don't have kids but with both of our parents getting on in age we felt like we needed a car with 4 doors. Some people over 6 feet may find it a bit tight in the back seat but for most people it will be fine.I wanted a BMW 3 she said no boring sedans!! so we spent two weeks looking around untill we though of Infiniti. It was perfect 4drs a powerfull engine and i love the style, a lot of times cars these days just look so boxy.This stands out. The ride is quite you bearly feel a bump and if your like me and like to drive on winding roads this thing is great the handling is spot on, also passing anything anywhere is a breeze with the 297hp engine. So if you are thinking of buying a new compact suv/crossover test drive this thing you will love it!

Some problems

by gsalemi from Connecticut | June 26, 2011

The car is tight but I also find it acceptable most of the time. I asked the dealer what that electrical device on the spare tire was. They said it was a sub woofer. I said I don't think it's working and they answered "oh, it's working". The hatch does not rise up in the winter. It works fine in the summer but not at all in the winter. The dealer said "well, you have to push it up". He did that and it worked...after the car was warmed up indoors for 45 minutes. Several times a sensor light has come on and we go to the dealer and they shut it off. The air bag light came on and they kept it for a week changing the module and several other things including a wiring harness in the column. When we picked it up the light was off, we drove a few feet and stopped after hearing a loud thud. That was the first time we heard the sub woofer after almost a year of driving the car. We love the car but there are a lot of minor problems that the dealer can fix but I guess chooses not to. We'll have to get rid of it before the warranty runs out. Too bad because it is a lot of fun to drive.

Not flawless, but close

by B-Limey from South Texas | June 14, 2011

Yes it is a bit snug, although none of my 6' friends have complained either front or back. Beautiful interior with excellent fit and finish. The 7 speed keeps the engine humming and it pulls very well at all times. If you manual shift, the engine will match engine revs on downshifts...much fun! 19" wheels add a bit of road noise but the excellent Bose system can cover it well. Extremely well equipped with voice activated nav, sound system and bluetooth. Rear wheel drive is a joy after all the front drive, torque steering stuff out there. A little thirsty, on premium, and a couple of packages can put you in the mid $40s. So, pricey, snug and excellent

EX35 In Arizona

by Mar in AZ from Peoria, Arizona | February 27, 2011

We love the interior, but it could be larger to allow buckling of the seat belt a little easier and the back seats are not too comfortable. Waiting for summer to arrive to see how it handles the HEAT. Love its performance and the way it handles the road. After 3 G35's, our EX 35 is more quite and sound proof. It was great taking a 400 mile trip knowing it can be relied upon. Infiniti has created another great vehicle.

Love this car

by EX 35 Owner from Atlanta,GA | December 28, 2010

A first look at this car should tell you your not going to haul a tremendous amount with it. However, my family and I have found that it meets our day to day shopping and cargo hauling needs. On those occasions we have needed more room we put down the back seats and it has met our needs. This car drives and handles like a sports car. It is a joy to drive everyday and begs to go when you give it a little gas. Fuel mileage is a little on the low side. I guess that is the price you pay for a car with power. The interior is very plush and comfortable. The front seats more so than the back, which are a little cramped. This car has every electronic gadget you can imagine. We particularly enjoy the around view monitor. It makes parking in tight spots a little easier.

Uses car for Towing