2012 Infiniti EX35

17 city / 24 hwy

Overall

Nice Looking but not roomy

by Nissan Fan from Ontario, Canada | March 15, 2014

I have been driving my 2012 Infiniti EX35 for 2 years now and am going to be trading it in shortly. The exterior styling is sharp and performance is really good. This vehicle definitely has snap. However I have found that the front seats are uncomfortable for really long drives and the rear seats are incredibly tight. It is very difficult entering and exiting the back seats. Rear cargo space is poor. I have had issues with the AWD in my Infiniti resulting in 3 trips back to the Dealer since new. The vehicle will suddenly accelerate and lock itself into AWD even when on clear smooth roads. Finally they replaced the entire AWD system and there have been no issues since.

Lack of Integrity Deaerlship

by Ex 35 infiniti from | December 12, 2013

Drove 100 Miles to see a 2011 EX 35 Infiniti. I called first thing in the morning to confirm it was still there. I was told it was and that there were two on the lot. About half way there the sales manager called and ask if we were on are way, I should have figured then there was something wrong. Upon my arrival I received the run around and when they did finally show us a car I asked if it was the 2011. The salesman informed me that he didn't know, go figure, right there on the windshield the sticker listed a 2012. I informed him that I was here for the 2011 and he then informed us that it was out on a test drive. Found out after that the car was sold several days ago, typical dealership B.S. Thanks for nothing.

12 Month Review (2012 Journey AWD Blk/Wht)

by RB from Maryland | July 26, 2013

Overall this is a reliable vehicle. The minor issues I have had in a 12 month period: Navigation screen blackouts, loose driver seat and squeaky front windows when it rains. Both Nav and seat issue are common problems. The navigation screen has already been replaced and I have not had any issue since. The seat and windows will be checked during my next visit to the dealership. I am still getting use to the CVT, the shifting I believe can be harsh sometimes in city traffic but on the highway this car is great and very fast. It is not top heavy when turning sharp corners very fast and hugs the curve. I luv it! Interior is unbelievable, I have the wheat color and it is plush and the seats are very comfortable. This car can sit 4 comfortably but if you are over 6ft the rear seats may be a problem especially if you have a tall driver and or passenger. I just have a dog and I can lay both rear seats down and have plenty of room for a large dog crate and luggage. The only gripe I have after 12 months is that this car does not have automatic side view mirrors and lift gate . You would think with all the technology that they could have made that a feature. I do not feel like a soccer mom in it either, it is very sporty looking especially with window tint. I purchased this vehicle due to a good resale value, not that I plan to sell it but also for reliability, safety and quality. I have a friend that owns an FX with 200,000 plus miles with no major issues and it is still going. I feel confident every time I step into this vehicle.

Humming Muffler

by Rodeo Guy from Poughkeepsie NY | August 25, 2012

I like the car except there appears to be a design flaw with the muffler - it hums and whines when accelerating. A new muffler was installed it hums as well. Something about the air flow. This problem started at mile 725. My rating would have been much better if not for this problem.

Reliable, sturdy, luxurious

by Chicago_Social from Chicago, IL | August 16, 2012

I have had the EX35 for two years now. At 28k miles, it runs like new. I only take the car in for maintenance, oil changes, tire rotations etc. So far so good. The ex35 is quick and sporty, but isn't very roomy so not the ideal choice for hauling lots of people or things. Push button start, keyless entry, memory seats, stylish interior, navigation. This one is a stunner! Gas mileage is good too. I fill up once a week, premium, and drive roughly 30 miles roundtrip for work on weekdays, run lots of errands and zip around the city on weekends with about an 1/8 tank to spare before getting gas again for the week. The ex35 gave a marvelous, smooth, comfy ride to Lexington, KY from Chicago,IL in which I started on a full tank and stopped to top off once each way. Highly recommend this crossover which has made me into a huge fan of Infiniti.

Love My New Ride

by Blinkem from Houston | June 30, 2012

I have had my EX35 for almost a month now; and I couldn't be happier. I love this car. It is everything I was looking for. I was between the Audi Q5 and the Acura MDX when I found an article entitled Forbe's list of 10 safest cars. To my surprise, the Infiniti EX35 was listed at #4. 1st, 2nd & 3rd on the list were way out of my price range (70 - 90k or more) I decided to test dive the EX35 and fell in love. This little cross-over was just what I was looking for. All of my cars prior to this one, were a Honda. I had a Civic, Prelude and still own an Accord Coupe. I have had it for 12 years. This time I was looking for a dependable, luxury, sporty, high tech, small SUV. This EX is right on the money. I got the tech vehicle loaded with all of the car gadgets. At first, my best friend laughed at all of the gadgets. She'd say, "this car can drive itself". Now she wants one, saying, "I can use all of this stuff". I am a single mom with a 10 year old. Since I don't haul a lot of people or cargo, I find the interior and cargo space comfortable and inviting. My daughter loves it too. She, along with a couple of her friends ride very comfortably in the back. This car is wicket fast and has a tort sporty drive similar to the vehicles I were previously considering. The Audi Q5 is great, but I was afraid of the reliability rating. As you can tell, I keep my cars a while. The Acura MDX is also very nice, but I felt it was a little too big for us. Also, neither of these vehicles have as many safety features as the EX35. The EX is great for sporty, high tech singles, couples and small families. I love my new ride.