2006 Infiniti FX35

2006 Infiniti FX35

Available in 2 styles:  2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Replacement for my Touareg... So glad I did!

by German Japanese Convert from Watertown Massachusetts | July 5, 2014

I was married to German cars for a long time... love the engineering but after four years in my Touareg and literally living at the dealership for every little thing, I needed a break. I've owned my FX for six years and am the second owner. I have had absolutely no problems except there was a common problem where some dashes got bubbles but it was a recall item and Infiniti replaced mine with no problem. The car is great in the snow and is not high off the ground like other SUV's. The hands free phone is great and the NAV is reliable. It would be better, however, if it were touch screen. I like the intelligent cruise control. Some find it annoying but it can be turned off. I would highly recommend this car new or used (although I'm not as crazy about the new ones)

Update to Feb 2013 Review

by Dave from Texas | June 29, 2014

No doubt the safest car I ever purchased. See below-was purchased for my daughter and glad I did. This past Feb, 2014, having driven this car for 1 year, she was in a bad accident. Some drunken driver slammed into the right rear of the car at 75MPH on an interstate highway. It caused the car to to swerve, hit a center concrete barrier, then roll three times. There were three girls in this car and none of them got hurt other than bumps and bruises. Definitely survived the rollover test. Insurance settled immediately so I had to get her another car. That was a no-brainer - a 2008 FX-35 which is even nicer than the one totaled.

Great Vehicle

by Dave from Texas | February 25, 2013

I purchased this car for my daughter as a graduation present. The color of burnt orange is her school's colors (Univ of Texas). I may end up keeping it and giving her my new 2013 Equinox instead. lol Powerful 280 hp V-6. Luxurious throughout. The car, although a 2006, was well maintained and the dealer put new tires and brakes on it. Was in great shape. Very powerful. Gas mileage is nothing to brag about, but after having owned a 1999 Durango for so long I am used to lousy gas mileage. Only two real complaints: (1) Needs premium gas, and (2) the entertainment center is mystifying. You really need to pull out the owner's manual and play with it to get used to all the settings. All in all - outstanding vehilcle.

2006 fx35

by fxer from boston,ma | September 15, 2012

Great styling and comfort. Feels like a sports car that sits high off the road. Has every option you can think of and a few I didn't know existed. The one draw back is the blind spots even though the mirrors have a custom round mirror to see directly next to you. Overall I love it and would highly recommend the FX35. I'm hooked and this wont be my last FX i buy.

Good Vehicle, with some drawbacks

by Maz1026 from St. Paul, MN | September 10, 2012

I purshcased this vehicle about 1 1/2 years ago used from a dealership. I did a ton of research on it before I bought it so I knew basically what I was getting into in terms of pros and cons. One thing I did not find a lot of information on was winter driving and I live in Minnesota so that was important to me. This car is not very good in the snow. Granted I have the Sport edition so I have the 20 inch wheels, but the cars is very slippy in the snow when starting and turning. When you put it in snow mode it is a lot better when starting, however the car is still very easy to have drift on you when turning. I was dissapointed with this since it is an AWD vehicle. The other major problem that I had was that at 80,000 miles, my AWD went out and needed to be completely replaced. The dealership and my local mechanic said this was the first time they have ever seen this happen on an FX so I guess I just got really lucky.....but still, the dealership wanted $2,500 to replace with a new AWD transfer case but I ended up getting a used one with a lifetime warranty installed for $800 at my locall shop. The problem was that neither place could ever find the root cause of why it happened in the first place which is pretty dissapointing. This vehicle is a ton of fun to drive, has not so good gas mileage, and a very stiff suspension. I owened a Lexus before it and I would gladly trade this one in for another RX300 because I feel that the Lexus is a better vehicle overall, although not as fun to drive. Overall, the trade off on reliability, comfort, winter handling and gas mileage are not worth it though.

by leon from west palm beach | August 2, 2012

I had my FX35 for about 2yrs and i have not had any problems with it. It has power and looks good. i notice it also keeps it value. I think the only down side is it does burn alittle too much gas. But over all its all good!!

Test Drive

by jorgumundr from beaverton, OR | March 27, 2012

My test drive of this Infinity FX 35 had a MUCH more stiff suspension that other FX 35's and 45's that I had test drove. I also had an issue with its performance compared to others I had test drove. It seems excessively firm, and gutless of the one I drove specifically. I did however test drove an FX45 and FX 35 at another dealership and they had much more perfomance and comfort. I did however find out later the one I test drove had Eibach suspension upgrades, among other aftermarket performance installations. I am still extremely impressed with the FX35 and FX45 series, and would definitely get one...I just had to drive one where someone had started to "upgrade" performance on it... I have a Chevy van 2500 EXPRESS (3.5L V6 3/4 Ton) that out accellerated the FX35 I test drove...The others FX series I test drove was not the case. Extremely enjoyable like mixing a corvette with a subaru. I would highly recommend test driving other FX series similar to one you are looking at before making a decision.

Different than the rest

by Maz from Saint Paul, MN | August 1, 2011

After a lot of research and debate I purchased this car in April with about 63,000 miles on it from a local dealer. I had previously owned a Lexus RX300 and was VERY satisfied with that SUV. I decided to make the switch to the FX35 because I think it is the best looking crossover on the road and it gets very good reliability ratings. I have a 9 month old son so space and practicality was an initial concern as well. I have been very satisfied with this purcahse so far. The vehicle is very comfortable and REALLY fun to drive. It is a unique SUV which I like because there were a lot of choices out there but none of them excited me like this one did. I considered the Lexus RX350, the Acura MDX, Subaru Outback. I have no regreats so far! Things I like about this car: Fun to drive! Comfortable (just took a 5 hour road trip and it was great)! Styling Enough room for my family I wish the gas mileage was a little better, especially in the city. I have been averaging about 15-16 MPG for city driving, and about 21 on the highway. On my recent road trip I averaged about 30 MPG. Overall this has been a great vehicle and I am glad I purchased it!

love it

by infiniti lover from La,CA | June 7, 2011

i've been wanting this car since 07. I finally got 1 this yr and i love it. It rides smooth and it drives light. I like the fact that it drives like a car but sits high. Its also easy to wash lol

best car I ever bought

by njnygiants from new jersey | September 10, 2010

I love this car! This is the best car I ever bought. Drives like a dream come true. The handling is great, the acceleration is impressive, the styling will definately turns head. The only problem with this car is that your friend may become jealous and this car is easy to flip over...not because it was designed bad, but because it feel so comfitable driving over 70mphs that you might take a turn to fast... so beware, keep an eye on the speed. If your thinking of buying this car. Don't think, just buy!

Featured Services for this Infiniti FX35